Skip to comments.The Main Message From Madison: The Jig Is Up
Posted on 06/09/2012 6:09:53 AM PDT by billorites
By far the most amusing and telling result of the thumping the corrupt public-employee unions and out-of-state far-left zealots suffered in Wisconsin is the whining and hand-wringing now being exhibited by a growing collection of liberal pundits, politicians and ultra-wealthy activists who are uniformly saying this is a "major wake-up call for the left, Democrats and unions."
No, it's not. It's a loud and clear pronouncement that big government and big-government giveaways to people who want something for nothing is over. Look at the actual results. Listen to the actual people of Wisconsin.
Many were flat-out offended and angered that the far-left flooded into their state to attempt to overturn the voice of the people. These voters, like the majority of the American people, are tired of being fooled or even fooling themselves. They look at the life-destroying economic collapses in Greece, Spain, Italy, Illinois, New York and California and now know exactly the cause and who is willingly spreading the disease.
The voters of Wisconsin know that the Democrat Party is for the most part owned and operated by corrupt public-employee unions that want to suck every last dollar out of their pockets to fund bankrupt pensions and health care plans for themselves and their members.
The voters of Wisconsin have realized that these unions and the politicians who support them are literally stealing from them and endangering the economic future of their children.
The false "major wake-up call" the far-left pundits, union officials and politicians want to shout is that rather than the corrupt and budget-destroying policies of the unions being at fault, were it not for the money of "evil" conservatives and corporations, all would be well in liberal utopia.
Said an official from the American Federation of Teachers: "It's pretty clear that the voices of...
(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...
“It’s a loud and clear pronouncement that big government and big-government giveaways to people who want something for nothing is over.”
The welfare begging filth of this country outnumber us by a huge margin. Every day there are more and more and more of them and fewer of us. On top of that, at least half the people who are not welfare begging filth, are so GD stupid they go around saying things like, “I don’t mind paying a little bit more to help people.”
We are doomed.
One of my union relatives said:
“Unions are there to get me the most money for the least amount of work.”
“The jig is up”...isn’t that racist?
Liberal Idiot BUMP
That's why I question whether Romney has a chance there. The outsiders' blatant attempt to ramrod their agenda ticked off a lot of people - that doesn't necessarily mean a sharp swing to the Republicans.
You mean the Koch Brothers didn’t buy this election like my liberal friends claim? I am shocked!
There are two very different views in the country. The current administration seems to think that success is measured by how many people are dependent on the government. I think success is measured by how many are not.
-Governor Scott Walker-
Thats what the SS says every morning at the white hut
I think so too. At least, when I was younger “Jig” was short for a racist word that was just as bad as the “n” word.
Yet I have seen the above phrase in at least three different msm stories this morning, real mainstream media.
"The jig is up" is, however, an extraordinarily tired cliche - and its use here is further proof that today's media is bereft of actual writing talent. :)
I’ve never heard that explanation but it makes perfect sense. I’ll remember that in case I encounter someone who wants to give it a racial conotation. I have heard the word used as an epithet before before.
They lost because they put one of their cults ahead of the rest of the cults. Now if Mittster was smart he would divide and conquer the left, instead of listening to those geniuses who think the Left is comprised of a solid monolithic unstoppable juggernaut of “then libruls.”
During Clinton's 'gubmint shutdown' I was involved in a remodeling - mechanical upgrade project in a Gubmint Bldg. I was on site for for 18 months as Project Manager for our scope of work. And all work was done by Union Construction workers.So I've seen these "public-employee unions" in action. And every one should be abolished by an act of congress. They are insane and we are paying for all this crap!!
But to the "public-employee unions" it made zero difference that fellow 'brothers' were involved. There were 13 Separate Unions that 'represented' those 'public employees' and every one was Certifiably NUTS with their demands on how we could perform our work.
- We had notify every union a week in advance and get their 'approval' as we moved up the building to do the work. But worse were the INSANE 'Do Not Touch Rules' we all had to obey.
- On one floor there was a Monopoly Game that was going on for several months and we had to Stay Clear Of The Game!! (Pretty hard to do when you're doing work above the ceiling space of that game.)
- On another floor a 'public-employee' had a little toy 'Davy Crockett' Stockade Fence on the floor around his desk-work area. And, No One Could Cross It!
- And every desk was OFF LIMITS, and if they were in our way, we had to use lifts and scaffolds to work above them -- No Desk Moving Allowed! (god forbid if a picture fell over, or a paper moved)
- Then there were the general work rules - benefits - they had. Smoking was a 'Disability / Addiction Disease' and as such smokers had a right to smoke when they wanted. Natch this had to be outside so they had to leave the building - about 20 minutes wasted per smoke break.
- And if they had 'claustrophobia' they had a right to NOT to use the elevator - add another 15 minutes for every smoke break if they 'worked' on the 7th floor.
- To boot, if ANY of these 'public-employees' got stuck in an elevator for 15 minutes or longer they got: Two Days Off With Pay! for the 'trauma and mental anguish' they went through.
- Lastly, there was The Knife Fight between two female public-employees who oddly, neither lost their job, or were the police called. But that kind of behavior was kinda normal. The two females were of a certain 'protected class' of people. (yep ... you got it ...Amish)
And there's a HUGH difference between these 'unions' and Construction Trade Unions who go through a long apprentice program of 4 to 5 years depending on the trade. I would not wan to be in a building built by non union workers -- they are not safe. (and No I'm not in or ever been in any union)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.