Skip to comments.
Overview Islamism / genocide in Somalia
Liberty News O.L. ^
Posted on 06/12/2012 9:07:59 PM PDT by Milagros
- CIVIL WAR
There's an estimated death toll between 350,000 and 1,000,000, in Somalia's civil war since 1991.
Factors: 1.) Warlords/clans, with Islamists playing a major part.
2.) The AIAI (al-Ittihad al-Islamiyya) was the main anti-Barre force, though it was known to be very Islamist, it was backed by Somalis because of its strong anti-Barre image. After Barre's fall, the AIAI turned to a jihad against Ethiopia, it was aided by Saudis. "The Ethiopian military far overpowered AIAI destroying the organization's political and military infrastructures. The defeat led to the disbandment of al-Ittihad al-Islamiyya in January 1997. After AIAI dissolved, many of its former members fled to Mogadishu and joined up with the Islamic Courts movement that was beginning to gain momentum there."
3.) Ruthless Sunni warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid (Aideed) - wanted Somalia governed by "Islamic princpiles." He was becoming increasingly 'Islamist' in nature. especially since Islamic Mujahiddin were fighting for him.
4.) One of the highlighted infamous incidents, was the al-Qaeda backed Islamists' attack on humanitarian US mission, killing 18, in Oct, 1993.
5.) Sudan's Hassan al-Turabi played a major role in Somali warlords feud, his Jihadists.
6.) Aidid's Islamists friends/allies: Being helped militarily by Sudan's Hassan Turabi and Iranian trained Islamic-fundamentalist militia, and using Hezbollah tactics, as Aidid, Sudan and Iran were "natural" allies, sharing common enemies: US and UN's Coptic Boutrous-Ghali, "considered an avowed enemy of religious extremists."
7.) The 'Union of Islamic Courts' (IUC) - "a system of clan-based sharia courts that fought to gain control of Mogadishu through their militias." It contains some radical elements, with some linked to al-Qaeda. It has since, became more and more powerful, planning secretly for a great 'Islamic Republic.'
Some see the ICU, like the Taliban, in politics of 'radical Islamism.' Note: Civil war also exposed deep racism from Afro-Arabs against natives. Arabs 'always run the show.'
- 2011 FAMINE
Some 30,000 children perished in Somalia - 2011 famine.
Guilty party: Islamists' fault, who have been refusing, banning aid, even preventing Somalis fleeing famine-ridden areas.
- ^ "Somalia Civil War." GlobalSecurity.org, April 20, 2012. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/somalia.htm
- ^ "Failed state torn apart by civil war and clan politics." Telegraph, December 11, 2001. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/somalia/1365000/Failed-state-torn-apart-by-civil-war-and-clan-politics.html
- ^ Emma Slater: "Somalia: a bullet-riddled history," TBIJ, February 22, 2012. The more than two decades of violence that have ensued have devastated the country and caused the deaths of up to a million people. http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/02/22/somalia-a-bullet-riddled-history/
- ^ Marchal, Roland: "The Rise of a Jihadi Movement in a Country at War: Harakat Al-Shabaab Al Mujaheddin in Somalia," CERI, March 2011. When the civil war started in 1991, some Islamists became militarily organised and intended to compete with clan-based militias that enjoyed huge popularity. http://www.ceri-sciencespo.com/ressource/shabaab.pdf
- ^ "Somalia's Al Shabab Islamists are on the run." CSMonitor.com, Jan 5, 2012. http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2012/0105/Somalia-s-Al-Shabab-Islamists-are-on-the-run. "Somalia's Al Shabab Islamists are on the run." MinnPost, Jan 6, 2012. http://www.minnpost.com/christian-science-monitor/2012/01/somalias-al-shabab-islamists-are-run
- ^ "My First AK-47: Kids Awarded Guns In Somali Recruitment Game." Der Spiegel, September 26, 2011. http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/my-first-ak-47-kids-awarded-guns-in-somali-recruitment-game-a-788434.html
- ^ Jacqueline Page: "Jihadi Arena Report: Somalia - Development of Radical Islamism and Current Implications," ICT, March 22, 2012. http://www.ict.org.il/Articles/tabid/66/Articlsid/814/currentpage/5/Default.aspx
- ^ Greg Myre: "Somalis die because of vicious clan war," Kitchener - Waterloo Record, The Totonto Star, August 28, 1992. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/access/513805171.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT
- ^ "Africa research bulletin: Political, social, and cultural series: Vol. 30," Blackwell, 1993, p. 11160. http://books.google.com/books?id=B7eMAAAAIAAJ&q=%22Mujahiddin%22 http://books.google.com/books?id=B7eMAAAAIAAJ&q=%22think+that+Gen.%22
- ^ Yossef Bodansky: "Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America," Random House Digital, Inc., 2001, p. 84. http://books.google.com/books?id=2aEnZC1srt8C&pg=PA84
- ^ Bill Siegel: "The Control Factor: Our Struggle to See the True Threat," University Press of America, Feb 16, 2012 (pt. 69). http://books.googe.com/books?id=w3D-Od9r198C&pg=PT69
- ^ Millard Burr, Robert O. Collins: "Revolutionary Sudan: Hasan al-Turabi and the Islamist state, 1989-2000," Brill, 2003, pp. 112-4. http://books.google.com/books?id=ySUK3qoP-bsC&pg=PA112
- ^ "Monte Palmer, Princess Palmer: "At the Heart of Terror: Islam, Jihadists, and America's War on Terrorism," Rowman & Littlefield, Feb 28, 2007, p. 117. http://books.google.com/books?id=shNdxlispXAC&pg=PA117
- ^ Peter L. Bergen: "Holy War, Inc: Inside the Secret World of Osama Bin Laden," Simon & Schuster, May 28, 2002, p. 75. http://books.google.com/books?id=pqjBaKpgSEQC&pg=PA75
- ^ Ruth Sinai: "U.S. Feels Sudan, Iran Help Aidid," AP, October 7, 1993, Seattle Times Newspaper. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19931007&slug=1724911. "Sudan And Iran Suspected Of Aiding Aidid Warlord's success may be due to alliance with Muslim fundamentalists," AP, Milwaukee Journal, October 6, 1993. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=v6IaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RS0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=6641,7031227&dq=farrah+aidid+islamic&hl=en. "Sudan, Iran reportedly aiding warlord with training, arms," Ruth Simai, Associated Press, Houston Chronicle, October 8, 1993, Section A, p. 24. http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1993_1157918/sudan-iran-reportedly-aiding-warlord-with-training.html
- ^ Janet P. Stamatel and Hung-en Sung, Editors Graeme R. Newman, General Editor: "Crime and Punishment around the World," ABC-CLIO, 2011. p. 199. http://books.google.com/books?id=2uK6bR9byVIC&pg=PA199
- ^ "Somalia's Islamic Courts," BBC, June 6, 2006. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5051588.stm
- ^ N. Bourbaki: "Inside the Somali Civil War and the Islamic Courts," December 22, 2006. http://cryptome.org/wikileaks/inside_somalia_v5.doc. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/76041692/inside-somalia-v4-proofed---Inside-the-Somali-Civil-War-and
- ^ Aisha Ahmad: "Taliban and Islamic Courts Union: How They Changed the Game in Afghanistan and Somalia?" Policy Perspectives , Volume6 , Number2, July-December 2009. http://www.ips.org.pk/pakistanaffairs/security-a-foreign-policy/1083.html
- ^ Michael M. Phillips: "Racism In Somalia: Arabic 'Soft-Hairs' Always Run The Show." AP, Seattle Times, February 13, 1994. http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940213&slug=1895004
- ^ Rachel Alexander: "Al-Qaeda Affiliate, not Famine, is Responsible for Somalian Genocide." Townhall, September 5, 2011. http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2011/09/05/al-qaeda_affiliate,_not_famine,_is_responsible_for_somalian_genocide. http://www.nigerianewsline.com/al-qaeda-affiliate-not-famine-is-responsible-for-somalian-genocide/
- ^ "30,000 Children Killed by Drought as Somalia Islamic Extremists Resist Aid," Africa Undisguised, August 5, 2011. http://www.africaundisguised.com/newsportal/story/30000-children-killed-drought-somalia-islamic-extremists-resist-aid
- ^ David Meir-Levi: "In Somalia - Jihad Uber Alles," FPM, August 17, 2011. http://frontpagemag.com/2011/08/17/in-somalia-jihad-uber-alles/
- ^ "Somali Islamists maintain aid ban and deny famine," BBC News, July 22, 2011. [Many Somali mothers have already seen their children die in the drought]. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14246764
- ^ "Al-shabab refused food transporting Lories to reach El-waq district in Somalia," Mareeg.com, March 25, 2011. http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=19192&tirsan=3
- ^ Clar Ni Chonghaile: "Somali Islamists ban Red Cross. Humanitarian crisis looms as hundreds of thousands are deprived of food and aid in areas under al-Shabaab control," The Guardian, January 31, 2012. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/31/somali-islamists-ban-red-cross
- ^ Stephanie Nebehay: "Somalia Islamists force ICRC food aid suspension," Reuters, January 12, 2012. "Al Shabaab wants the Somalis to perish," Hassan told Reuters... http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/12/us-somalia-food-redcross-idUSTRE80B1HM20120112
- ^ "UN: Al-Shabab Preventing Somalis from Fleeing Country," Voice of America, August 04, 2011. http://www.voanews.com/english/news/UN-Al-Shabab-Preventing-Somalis-from-Fleeing-the-Country-126839633.html
KEYWORDS: ccivilwar; icu; islamofascism; somalia
posted on 06/12/2012 9:08:16 PM PDT
Can someone please tell me WHY the United States is importing Muslim thugs from Somalia? What in blue blazes are these idiots at the State Department and Immigration thinking?
What we should be doing is importing CHRISTIANS (and non-Muslim refugees) from these Muslim failed states.
I think we have had enough helping the Muslim world. Including accepting so many of their migrants.
posted on 06/12/2012 11:37:25 PM PDT
US policy regarding the refugee resettlement program would shock most Americans, if they only knew. The UN picks who becomes US refugees. Christians are being refused refugee status and face persecution and many times certain death for their religious beliefs under the sharia, while whole Muslim communities are entering the US by the tens of thousands per month despite the fact that they face no religious persecution.
It is horrifying that Afghan Christians are being refused refugee status by the UN and many Western nations, including Britain.
The UN claims that Afghan Christians do not meet the criteria for refugees under Statute 6B of the UN High Commission of Refugees (UNHCR), which requires refugees to have "a well founded fear of persecution by reason of his race, religion, nationality or political opinion."
To: MasterGunner01; Milagros
posted on 06/13/2012 5:57:02 AM PDT
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson