Skip to comments.Gay Republican presidential candidate Fred Karger gets a rough welcome in southern Utah
Posted on 06/13/2012 10:27:48 PM PDT by presidio9
Although Mitt Romney has virtually locked up the Republican presidential nomination and all of his serious challengers have conceded the race, presidential candidate Fred Karger is still out on the trail campaigning.
Karger, a gay Republican running an issues-based campaign to change attitudes within the GOP about same-sex marriage, took his efforts last week to Utah, which holds the nation's last primary election, on June 26.
Karger spent four days in the state, meeting with local Republican leaders and urging the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to stop funding efforts against gay marriage. (Prior to launching his presidential bid, Karger founded a group called "Californians Against Hate," which focused on Mormon involvement in the campaign to pass Proposition 8, a ballot initiative passed in 2008 banned same-sex marriage.)
During his visit to Utah, Karger met with Washington County Republican Party Chairman Willie Billings, who Karger said was "welcoming" and "friendly." After their meeting, which was first reported by the Los Angeles Times, Karger gave Billings some campaign paraphernalia, including a Frisbee and a T-Shirt. When Billings brought the souvenirs home, however, his wife, Nanette Billings, threw them in the garbage and fired off an email to Karger, calling him "a radical idiot" and saying
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Why would anyone vote for a “man” who leads with his degenerate proclivities?
I’d watch a Fred Karger/Buddy Roemer debate...for the laughs!
“A roast in every rump”. You just KNOW that this guy’s gonna turn heads with this slogan! Bob
If not for the 22nd Ammendment, Bill Clinton might STILL be president...
His anti-God worldview isn’t American-—it belongs in some Marxist/pagan/earth worshipping country—not a country built on the Laws of Nature and Nature’s God.
We were built on the idea of “Higher Law”-—God’s, not Barney Frank. He is advocating changing the whole Christian worldview of America-—from God to paganism.
It won’t work-—Rule of Law is based on Virtue—Justice. It is where Just Law comes from and he is ejecting Virtue and inserting Vice as “Good”. Unjust Law promotes Vice. Only Just Laws promote Virtue—ALWAYS—otherwise the Laws are unjust and unconstitutional. Sodomy promotion is evil. So is baby-killing. We know these behaviors are evil because they are unnatural and destroy life or bodies. It is Satanic.
He wants to change the Christian Paradigm which made us exceptional, into a pagan worldview which has always led to nihilism—disintegration of cultures.
Sorry, NEVER going to vote for a pervert for anything.......
1. You are not “gay” you are a homosexual. Deal with it...
No really: I like girls. A LOT.
Decades ago the Communists planned to infiltrate American institutions and take them over from within.
A couple decades ago I remember reading about Lib/Dem plans following that model (or continuing it might be a better way to put it) to specifically target the Republican Party. Guys like this are the result.
We have a number of ‘republicans’ in the last several elections advocating the overthrow of the traditional planks of the party platform, so what else can one conclude? I remember working with a ‘republican’ at a newspaper who flatly refused to accept that such machinations were happening. He sounded just like the libs who scoffed at McCarthy.
Today it’s not just the candidates. The entire machine of the GOP is feted with liberals, homosexuals and communists. One need only look at their direction, policies, public statements and compare it to the following...
Congressional RecordAppendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordmans request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following Current Communist Goals, which she identifies as an excerpt from The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen:
[From The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchevs promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them censorship and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as normal, natural, healthy.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with social religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a religious crutch.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of separation of church and state.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the common man.
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the big picture. Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the cultureeducation, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Romney is for homosexuals in the military. Romney is
for homosexual adoption. Why is anyone upset?
Why is Romney the conservative candidate for President?
There’s a word, Sister Lucia of Fatima fame called it “diabolical disorientation.”
First....Can anyone confirm for me this poster is suggesting that he will lead us out of an Afghanist society entrenched against homosexuality and pro-choice into a new light?
If so, some may know I work as contractor in Afghanistan and I have a unique view into daily life here, details, of which, I’m duty bound to not reveal.
But, in general terms, homosexuality here is open, frequent, and NOT suppressed in the least.
Let’s not mention, beastiality and pedophilia.
In terms of sexuality, they trump any suggestions Fred Karger is foisting upon the voter via this poster.
Don’t know about the pro-choice here though.
Pro-choice: If a microbe is found on Mars, or anyother planet, it will be hailed as LIFE. Yet, a fetus is not. That microbe would be handled with the utmost care and reverence.....not the fetus.
Aside from what you mentioned, in a secular sense, if you believe in a God, you have to also believe God’s laws are manifest in his creation of nature and are impossible for man to transcend.
Nature does not require human permission...
All men are born of a woman and every living thing dies.
This idea that ‘thou shalt marry and be given in marriage’ is corrupt and degenerate.
It is an impossible immortality of a kind (i.e., eternal love), but not of the persons of men.
A lot of self-proclaimed Biblical “experts” continue on the same path of error in their arguments and ignore the very foundation of the Bible and all of creation - - Genesis.
Even the idea of evolution is confirmed by Genesis - - ALL MEN ARE BORN OF A WOMAN.
I would not even shake his hand. You don’t know where they have been.
If he’s gay, then he isn’t a Republican, he’s a RINO.
He is better labled a YAG. (They do everything backwards)
Is he running for President of a queer nation? Is his flag that rainbow one stolen from the Christians by the Reprobates?
I wonder if Yahoo! News ran such an in-depth article about the Texas prisoner who got 40% of the vote against Obama?
Freddy Kruger is more like it.
Freddy Kruger is more like it.
Why don’t I feel the need to advertise that I’m a raving sane heterosexual who loves having sex in the missionary position with the same woman as often as I can get it?
Our neck-of-the-woods ping
Presidential candidate Fred Karger, alleged Republican, sloganizes — “out of Afghanistan, gay marriage, pro-choice, jobs plan”. Thanks presidio9.
At least he acknowledges homosexuality and abortion are inextricably linked: both acts are anti-procreation and anti-life.
If this Karger was an honest Republican candidate for the presidency, why would he start with the very last primary state, Utah? Now that's really doing it backwards (no pun intended).
The only thing that explains the appearance of this article is that its writer is an advocate of the "gay rights" agenda and/or he's trying to distract attention from the big race on the ballot in Utah, the US Senate primary in which Orin Hatch is being challenged.
Of course not. Remember they serve Maobama, not the American people.
Thanks for the ping!
Gay Republican presidential candidate Fred Karger gets a rough welcome in southern Utah
I doubt that.
But he would have won a third term in 2000.
Actually Karger has been in it from the start.
The random nobody candidates never get mentioned. He has though a little cause of the gay stuff. He only got on a few ballots and has gotten about 10000 votes, most of them from Cali.
He is the only remaining challenger to Romney I’m aware of that hasn’t quit (Rand Paul endorsing Romney means Ron does too even though he only “suspended” his campaign rather than officially dropping out).
If I had ranked Karger with the real candidates he’d have been dead last. He also wants to give 16 year olds the vote. If anything it should go back up to 21.
No kidding, I'm glad this guy's joke "campaign" has received zero media coverage. Being a "gay Republican" is one thing, if he was liberal on gay issues but held traditional GOP views on everything else (I know a "gay Republican" who voted for McCain in November 2008 and is a Ron Paul supporter, he's a big 2nd amendment guy who absolutely despises Obama and routinely posts stuff attacking embryonic stem cell research, Obamacare, envirowacko causes, etc.)... but a glance at Karger's website and you wonder why he considers himself a "Republican" at all. This guy is probably to the left of his fellow phony "gay Republicans" at the Log Cabin crowds, at least they claim to be "fiscally conservative" or other such nonscene. Karger's platform reads like a carbon copy of Dennis Kuncinch or Howard Dean's.
His bio says he used to be an aide for Ronald Reagan? I find that hard to believe, if he was as liberal back then as he is now. Karger seems to be the GOP equivalent of Randall Terry this year (Terry is a hard core pro-life activist who is only running in the RAT primaries to embarrass Obama)
To balance it out perfectly, we really need a debate between "Republican" Fred Karger and "Democrat" Randall Terry. Not only would hell have to freeze over, it would have to reach Absolute Zero on a summer day in August for them to win their respective party's nomination. That being said, if it was Terry (D) vs. Karger (R) in November, I'd not only endorse but work my heart out for the RAT nominee. Here's a comparison... Randall Terry lists his stands on some issues, via his website:
Government-mandated universal health care - Strongly Oppose Comments: The government is not our Savior, nor our Provider, nor our Healer. The premise for such a proposal requires the forcible transfer of wealth. I.e., why should I be compelled to labor for the benefit of another against my will? That is the essence of slavery. The motive (health care for all) is good, but the means is immoral.
Capital Punishment for convicted murderers - Strongly Favor Comments: There are some people for whom I would offer to pull the switch. (I also believe that executions should be public, and that young men who are in trouble with the law should be required to view the execution.)
Same-sex marriage - Strongly Oppose Comments: Same sex marriage is an affront to God and man. It violates Natural Law, and well as the Laws of God. Beyond that, it seeks to legitimize a sinful, self-destructive lifestyle. We cannot legitimize nor normalize that which is against the Laws of Heaven and Nature, and a behavior that is self-destructive.
Prayers in public schools - Strongly Favor Comments: While I strongly favor voluntary prayer in government (public) school, I confess that I disagree with government funded, government mandated schools. The premise of government schools is that every child is a child of the state. That is a lie. So while the galley slaves are forced to row the boat, should they be able to pray? Should the Ten Commandments be hung on the wall? Yes. But it should be voluntary.
Legal abortions through first six months of pregnancy - Strongly Oppose Comments: Abortion is a euphemism for child killing. Abortion is murder. Murder is the deliberate destruction of a judicially innocent human life in a time of peace. (Not war, not manslaughter, not an accident, not capitol punishment, not killing an animal.) Hence, laws must be passed that protect human beings from conception until birth, making it a criminal act to kill a human being while they reside in their mothers womb.
Right of individuals to keep and bear arms Strongly Favor Comments: Remember, Gun control is a steady hand. The second amendment is not for hunting, it is to keep a people free. The right to keep and bear arms is ultimately about self -defense; defense against evildoers, whether criminals outside the law, or criminals in power that use the law and levers of government to oppress people. I.e., if the Jews of Germany or the Armenians of Turkey had been armed, perhaps their respective governments would not have slaughtered them.
Stronger regulations to protect the environment Oppose Comments: We have plenty of regulations to protect our water and our air. The current green movement is often driven by those who are anti-human (Malthusian) or anti-American (communists and socialists).
Expansion of domestic oil drilling Strongly Favor Comments: Our foreign policy regarding oil is suicidal. We are literally funding terrorism every time we fill up our cars with gas. We should exploit the oil in ANWR, on both sides of Florida, off the coast of the southern states and Texas, as well as opening up drilling inland. If we exploited the oil at our disposal, we would free ourselves from our addiction to Arab oil, and put a significant crimp in the funding or terrorism. Moreover, if we exploit domestic oil, it will create hundreds of thousands of jobs for Americans.
Enactment of stronger anti discrimination laws -- Strongly Oppose Comments: We have more than enough anti -discrimination laws as it is probably too many, when it comes to hiring quotas for larger companies. My bet is that the next anti-discrimination laws will favor homosexuals. Business owners should be able to hire and promote who they want to, not who the government is currently favoring.
Expansion of nuclear energy -- Strongly Favor Comments: A great source of energy.
Taxes on gas-guzzling vehicles -- Strongly Oppose Comments: I think everyone who loves freedom should drive a great big, safe, SUV and everyone who wants us to be slaves to the socialist state should drive an itty-bitty Hyundai.
Stem cell research -- Strongly Oppose/Strongly Favor Comments: 1, 5. If the question means embryonic stem-cells, I am opposed. Such research is a criminal act, reminiscent of Nazi medical research. To create a human life in order to destroy it is barbaric. If the question means adult stem cells, I am highly in favor, and recent medical breakthroughs using adult stem cells show great promise.
Tort reform -- Strongly Favor Comments: Our health costs (cost of care and insurance) are skyrocketing because of lawsuits many of them frivolous and because of defensive medicine; i.e., doctors prescribing tests that are not needed, because they are afraid of being sued if something goes wrong. We need a cap on amounts to be awarded, and perhaps a medical review board to assess whether the medical practice in a given case was sound, even if the outcome was not what was hoped for. That review board could determine if a lawsuit had merit or not.
State right-to -work laws -- Strongly Favor Comments: I support unions; the safety and wages we enjoy are largely due to unions. But I also support the freedom of individuals to not join a union, and to be able to work without fear of reprisal.
Privatization of Social Security -- Strongly Favor Comments: cannot say enough, nor say it strongly enough. Social Security is a scam. It is immoral; it is theft and a compulsion -driven, generational transfer of wealth. It is a Ponzi scheme. And it needs to be ended. As a practical matter, and a matter of political expediency, those who are on Social Security must continue to receive their benefits. Then, an arbitrary age must be picked (age 55 or 57) in which those people of that age will receive some benefits. But at the end of the day, people should be free to determine how they will prepare for old age. It is not the governments duty.
Establishing a national sales tax -- Strongly Favor Comments: The federal income tax should be ended now. The government has NO RIGHT to know what we make. Moreover, the graduated income tax is Marxist straight out of the Communist Manifesto. Get rid of the income tax, and replace it with a federal sales tax on ALL retail purchases.
Enhanced penalties for hate crimes - Strongly Oppose Comments: A crime is a crime is a crime. Theft, or murder, should receive the punishment due the crime, regardless of motivation.
Conferring Miranda rights on suspected international terrorists -Strongly Oppose Comments: No. They need to be treated as spies, or as enemy military combatants.
Increased tax rates for the wealthiest Americans - Strongly Oppose Comments: I think we should just take all the money of all the wealthiest Americans, and give it to the poor. Then we can all be broke together. But in a few short years, the money will probably be back in the hands of the formally rich, the industrious, the entrepreneurs, etc. (This was a joke of sorts.) OK, on a serious note
I despise the graduated income tax. It is based in a Marxist paradigm of class warfare, and as I stated above, the call for a graduated income tax (the poor p aying a smaller percent, and the rich paying a higher percentage) is straight from the Communist Manifesto. I call for the end of the income tax altogether, and the institution of a Federal Sales tax.
Not much to argue with on Randall Terry’s points. Although I do oppose public executions. The liberal talk show host of yore, Phil Donahue, proposed public executions as well. However, his motivations were different. He thought once the public could see such events, there would be overwhelming opposition to the death penalty. This is false. I think a majority would be enthralled with them and they would become entertainment (just as they were in the past) where folks would gather to watch (in this instance, on live tv).
No, I think they should remain private affairs with no spectacle or sideshow aspect whatsoever. Let the worst of those criminal offenders be extinguished with no fanfare, quietly, and with some level of dignity (for which they certainly did not afford their victims).
I’m surprised that I agree with that Democrat on about half of those issues. I hope that, in 2014, he’ll run for the U.S. Senate or governor, as a Republican.
Phil that’s because Terry is not really a democrat, he’s a conservative Republican running as a democrat to embarrass Obama by winning conservative democrat votes. He’s twice run for office as a Republican (Congress in NY and State Senate in FL) and lost the primary.
Heck the literal DINO Terry I’d prefer over Romney and Goode.
It would have to absolute zero IN THE CENTER OF THE SUN for him to win the rat nod though. ;-D
As for Karger he seems to have a legit GOP past, according to Wikipedia and it says he’s pro-2A but that’s not on his website
I’m mentally unbalanced but I’d get behind public executions (mind you I would never convict someone of a serious crime unless I was sure they did it) in a second. It would scare the hell of scumbags to actually see it. You are right for every liberal that started to scream and cry there would be 10 people who would just want to watch it.
The criminal justice system would be a lot different if I had my way. Few would be in prison getting 3 taxpayer funded meals a day, lots of executions and forced labor in lieu of more serious punishment for non-dangerous offenders. Maybe some gladiator stuff or Rollerball, I’m serious.
In the Oklahoma RAT Primary, he won 11 counties in the state, including the entire panhandle, and two delegates to the convention. I doubt OK Republicans were crossing over to vote in the RAT primary, so it begs the question just who was voting for him. Probably quite a few OK Democrats didn't know he was so conservative, or quite frankly didn't care because they were disappointed with Obama and Terry was the "not Obama" choice on the ballot. Watching him embarrass Obama is entertaining, it's better that he ran as a RAT on a super conservative platform.
Fred Karger is some super liberal douchebag. Although he seems to be some kind of Democrat plant, apparently he has self-identified as a "Republican" for most of his life. Why he does that is beyond me. On his website, he compares himself to Ronald Reagan and says he wants to inspire America like Reagan did, through optimism. Of course his whiny "you hateeeeeeeee me cuz you won't let me marry whoever I want!!" persona is nothing like Reagan's sunny optimism and laid-back manner. Maybe it's like the "transgender" crowd who "feel" psychologically they are "women" even if they're clearly biologically male. This guy "feels" he is a Republican, even if 80%-90% of his policy positions are in-line with Howard Dean wing of the Democrat Party. Karger could use a good therapist.
(And how come media won't refer to delusional people as "the millionaire" if they psychology "feel" they are wealthy, given that they refer to people by whatever gender they imagine themselves to be?)
I've always felt I should have been born a millionaire. I demand they start treating me by my income bracket of choice and give me one of those no limit credit cards.
“I’ve always felt I should have been born a millionaire. I demand they start treating me by my income bracket of choice and give me one of those no limit credit cards.”
Toss in Kate Upton and you’ll always have pillows and never develop a calcium deficiency.