The problem is, Ubama probably thinks they are a good idea.
While I applaud Newt for the effort, this idea of his suffers from a failure of imagination. Instead of pondering sarcastically about what else can be done for illegals by executive fiat, Newt and the gang should be publicly pondering what THEY will do with the idea and precedent that executive order holds no bounds:
1. Repeal Obamacare - by executive order.
2. Ban abortions - by executive order.
3. Ban government unions - who needs them
4. Budgeting by executive fiat should be fun. After all, Congress - the Senate - won’t act so it must be the President’s job to act.
5. End a few (or most) federal departments.
6. ANWR - we’ve asked Congress to act on this for decades with no results. Time of an executive order to drill...
7. Congress can only meet 3 months a year. That’s an executive order you nimrods.
8. End the idea that States or local governments can limit gun ownership: EVERYBODY MUST OWN A GUN. That’s an executive order...
If the Democrats want the government headed by unaccountable despots, they should be given a healthy dose of exactly how that game can be played...
I think a good case could be made to put a chilling affect on this philosophy - for the left.