Skip to comments.
9 Tall Tales From Barack Obama's Memoir (Illustrated and Annotated)
| June 19, 2012
| Andrew Kaczynski
Posted on 06/19/2012 5:19:23 AM PDT by Zakeet
- Hussein Onyango, Barack's grandfather, wasn't really imprisoned and tortured by the British.
- The father of his Indonesian stepfather, Soewarno Martodihardjo, wasn't killed by Dutch soldiers in the fight for independence.
- Regina, a friend at Occidental who Obama writes about as a symbol of the authentic African-American experience turns out to be based on Carolina Boss, who is white. Regina was the name of her Swiss grandmother.
- Obama projected a racial incident onto his New York girlfriend that he later told Maraniss had happened in Chicago.
- Obama wrote that he broke up with his New York girlfriend in part because she was white. But his next girlfriend, an anthropologist in Chicago, was also white.
- Obama cuts out two white college roommates entirely.
- Obama wrote about his high school friends as an alienated, ne'er-do-well "club of disaffection." In fact, most members of the "Choom Gang" were "decent students and athletes" who went on to successful careers.
- Obama's mother left his father, not the other way around.
- In his memoir, Obama mentions he missed out on playing time in high school basketball because he coach preferred players who "play like white boys do." In fact, Obama had to work hard just to make the team, and race had nothing to do with it.
TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: lies; maraniss; memoir; obama
Before you Right Wing Nuts complain too much ... you should make an allowance for how hard it is to recall things without access to documents like birth certificates, college transcripts and family records.
posted on 06/19/2012 5:19:35 AM PDT
He seems to really have a problem with white people. Very comforting...
“O’s” in the wrong business... he ought to be in Hollywood writing scripts for sit com’s!
posted on 06/19/2012 5:39:46 AM PDT
("The man who has no inner-life is a slave to his surroundings. "Henri Frederic Amiel)
Now the gran finale, to get his face etched on Mt. Rushmore.
Could it be that he just wasn't as good?
Is he using race as an excuse for not being one of the better players?
"Decades later, a story emerged that his nickname was Barry OBomber, playing off his last name and a propensity to fire away from long range, but few team members recalled that nickname and said the real gunner was Darin Maurer, who was better than Obama but barely got more playing time. Maurer never started at Punahou but went on to play Division I basketball at Stanford as a walk-on."
I see a pattern here starting in high school familiar with many children. Is he making excuses for lackluster performance by using race as the excuse?
Could he be perhaps projecting his own racial bias upon others in is efforts to deflect away from the real problem that he was just not as good at some things as others?
Teenagers do this often but most people grow out of it and have to face their own shortcomings. Most people grow out of that and realize that not everybody is the best at everything.
posted on 06/19/2012 5:53:31 AM PDT
(FDR had the New Deal. President 0bama has the Raw Deal.)
He seems to consistently blame whitey when things don’t go the way he thinks they should.
posted on 06/19/2012 6:12:32 AM PDT
Based on his accomplishments, I think the opposite end would be more appropriate.
posted on 06/19/2012 6:29:08 AM PDT
("The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am" - Darth Vader)
And what do we expect from the father of lies?
posted on 06/19/2012 6:34:56 AM PDT
by vanilla swirl
(searching for something meaningfull to say)
posted on 06/19/2012 6:39:10 AM PDT
To: vanilla swirl
This nobama person, whomever he is, is such an insipid, feckless putz who uncontrollably lies so as to create an image that he is not...what a loser.
posted on 06/19/2012 6:41:00 AM PDT
by hal ogen
(First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)
And how long will it be before there are renaming of 500 streets to President Barack Hussein Obama Freeway/Blvd./Avenue/Expressway/etc.? Within 2 years? Probably.
posted on 06/19/2012 7:21:26 AM PDT
(Deep in the Heart of Texas)
How come, after years of complaining that “there is no record of the young Obama” we are inundated with photos? Who withheld and who is releasing them?
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson