Which isnt a bad thing given our choice between Obama and Romney.
I've been saying it for a while but that would be an unmitigated disaster; it's a Morton's Fork.
If the SCOTUS rules on thursday to uphold the individual mandate, I suspect there will be calls to secede outright.
That won't fly; there's too many "inseparable part of the union"-type clauses in a lot of State Constitutions.
There is, however, something nearly as fun that can be done [by border-states]:
- Declare a "state of invasion" calling up the State's National Guard, and the state militias, while issuing shoot-to-kill authorization.
- Demand from D.C. aid; they are required to do so via Art 4, Sec 4 of the US Constitution.
"We need help NOW! If we didn't we wouldn't have had to call up our unorganized militia."
This in turn leads to only three options the Fe[d]ral government can reply with:
- Send help; highly unlikely given the political entrenchment of the "open borders" folks.
- Drag-feet/delay/dissemble; this is more likely, but given the above would be politically disastrous, as well as proving that in addition to immigration-law the federal government can also choose whether or not to obey the Constitution.
- Attack the state; perhaps the most likely option... and the most interesting given the Definition of Treason contained within the US Constitution.
- Executive -- Actual military attack.
- Judicial -- Declaring that the states do not have the power to defend themselves... and thereby invalidating EVERY State Constitution wherein the duty for a defense against invasion is mentioned.
- Legislative -- Likely some sort of targeted laws or funding cutting.
It becomes even better if two or three states do it: imagine AZ, NM, and TX all declaring invasion and militantly securing the borders.
posted on 06/25/2012 12:27:33 PM PDT
(Q: Why am I here? A: To do Justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with my God.)
No need for violence. Just begin the lengthy process of State Constitutional Conventions.
Then split the former USA into multi-State Regions, such as all the States that the XL Pipeline will run through would be the Texas Region. The Mississippi Region would be all the States that the Mississippi River runs through, etc.
America failed over an 80 year period due to Keynesian Economics Theory, which NEVER worked.
But life goes on. Let the people vote with their feet to the Region that gives them the level of Liberty that they desire.
posted on 06/25/2012 10:15:48 PM PDT
((Dictator Baby-Doc Barack's obama"care" violates Sherman Anti-Trust Law, AND U.S. Constitution.))
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson