Skip to comments...Wealthy Long Island residents upset over influx of immigrant labourers
Posted on 07/04/2012 6:07:54 AM PDT by C19fan
The small town of East Hampton has gained a reputation as the playground for New Yorks well-heeled elite, a place to spend the idle summer months in their million-dollar homes. But some of its wealthy residents are upset at an influx of less well-heeled workers who they say are lowering the quality of life and diminishing the appearance of the quaint Long Island town. A campaign group is focusing on the Springs area of East Hampton, dubbing itself 'Unoccupy Springs' and calling for an end to multiple families of low-wage workers living under one roof.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
Is there a level lower than limo liberal? News to me.
Yes. And unlike the "unwashed" little people who sit in 3 hour traffic on the LIE, they take their helicopters out east.
Obama and the justice department should definitely step in and tell these terrorist homeowners where to stick their concerns. Don’t these liberals understand that Obama needs Hispanic votes to win the election?
Hamptons = A modern day Bath, England without the Roman Baths, gorgeous Georgian architecture and witty people like Jane Austen, hee hee.
My heart bleeds! About time these insulated super-rich hoity=toity types learn what it is like in the real world.
They don’t want to have anything to do with the servant class outside of working hours. Why don’t they do their own work then?
Bet they all vote Democrat too. And then wonder why their pristine playground is “sullied” by the presence of illegals.
Like I said, my heart bleeds.
As someone whose family has summered in East Hampton or Southampton for 34 years (virtually my whole life), perhaps I can provide some perspective. The “wealthy” citiots (city-idiots) in the Hamptons don’t notice or care about illegal aliens for the most part. At worst, they may get annoyed when the gardener our cleaning woman makes a dumb mistake or sanitary faux pas because they don’t speak English. If they are starting to get annoyed now, it is good news. However, the locals are the ones who have suffered. I remember locals complaining in 1995. Their schools are over-run and they are outcompeted for jobs. Springs is not a mansion area, for the most part. It was a middle class area, until the rich Democrats in East Hampton decided to allow larger homes to be built. The locals are being forced out of their towns by this and by property taxes, much of which now go to subsidize illegal aliens.
Yes, it was none other than the Kennedy brothers who spearheaded the 1965 Immigration Act in Congress, from which American society is still reeling. The idea at the time, and for decades thereafter, was that the leftist elite could be secure knowing that they would have little or no face-to-face interaction with the newcomers, other than perhaps when hiring them for household help, while at the same time could be comfortable knowing that the Democrats would get the lion's share of the new immigrants' political support. Apparently, at least some of these limousine liberals have soured on Third World immigration. But whether or not this trend will create any movement in national political opinion on immigration remains to be seen.
BTW, it sounds a little strange that it took a Brit media outlet to do a story like this - maybe because it would be a politically incorrect taboo for the "mainstream" US media to tackle the subject.
While the group insists that race, religion, and creed do not factor in, most of the residents are from ethnic minorities - many of them immigrants - and find employment servicing the area’s luxury properties.
What a bunch of liars. You know damn well it’s all about those factors plus “class” Carol Saxe Buda is lying and she knows it, so does everyone who hears her words.
Welcome to what the rest of America must endure.
Bwaaahaaaaaaaaaa! That imbecile Joy Behar spent a gazillion to live there1 I hope they’re over run!
Better still, get your kids to mow the lawn and clean the house.
(SNIX) So the liberal Dem Hamptonites are another voting group Obama nailed——squealing with delight over Obama’s DREAM Ex/Order-—letting 800,000 more of them stay in the US—no question. Plus the Hamptonites are l.o.v.i.n.g it that they are going to be taxed to pay the bills for these squatters:
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. Verify: http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters7fd8
2. $22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. Verify at:
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary & secondary education for children here illegally and [usually] cannot speak a word of English! Verify : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt....0.HTML
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.(or as Terry Anderson says: JACKPOT babies!)Verify http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify:http://transcripts.cnn.com/
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.Verify:
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & socialservices by the American taxpayers.Verify:
9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. Verify:
13. In 2006, illegals sent $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin. Verify: http://www/..rense.com/general75/niht.htm
14. The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States. Verify : http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY.
1. The Earned Income Credit...you know money people get back on their taxes that they NEVER paid into in the first place!llegal aliens, most of which pay zero in net taxes, enjoyed $24.2 billion from the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) last year. Thats more than the annual revenue from the selected oil tax deductions and corporate jet deductions combined!Verify:
2. The cost of prosecuting and being SURE these illegal entrants have their rights protected!In 2009, the U.S. Justice Dept filed nearly 92,000 immigration-related criminal cases in the federal courts. The record-breaking trend accounted for more than half of all new federal prosecutions in the country, according to data maintained at Syracuse University.
” Oh, thats rich! Smack in the face with reality! (Heh heh heh.)”
Hope they enjoy it : )
What’s so ironic is that since they’re so wealthy, they can afford the tax hit. Those of us with modest resources can’t. Being liberal must be so tough. Heh heh heh.
Yeah, welcome to my home town: Los Angeles, ca 1980!!
Pretty soon they’ll be outnumbering those limo-tards in that town and vote in their own — think it can’t happen? Come to California and find out if you want to know what YOUR city will look like in a few years...
From last night’s 4th thread (I live near the RR Library):
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to.
This is the last stand on Earth.”