Skip to comments.Trumka: Big Labor to Push Dems and GOP to Adopt ‘Second Bill of Rights’
Posted on 07/17/2012 12:25:18 PM PDT by listenhillary
Americans have a right to full employment, housing, health care, collective bargaining and protection against old age, sickness and unemployment, according to AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka.
Trumka says Big Labor intends to push both the Democratic Party and the GOP to adopt what he called The Second Bill of Rights at presidential nominating conventions this summer.
Americas Second Bill of Rights is a broad-based statement of what the American people need and what they deserve. If some of it sounds redundant, it is because we once took many of these rights for granted, Trumka said last Thursday at the National Press Club.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
He outlined five main tenets of the Second Bill of Rights, which would include the “right to full employment and a living wage”; the “right to full participation in the electoral process”; the “right to a quality education”; the “right to a voice at work” and the “right to a secure and healthy future.”
The idea of a Second Bill of Rights was inspired by President Franklin D. Roosevelts 1944 State of the Union address, which called for greater economic rights including employment through a living wage, collective bargaining, housing, education, medical care, among many things.
Looks to me they came straight from the Soviet Constitution.
Yes, it does.
20 years ago this would have been a humorous story in the Onion.
Commies are out in full bloom this 2012 drought.
Just like Rush has always said “Womb to the Tomb.”
>>Looks to me they came straight from the Soviet Constitution.<<
The 25 Points of Hitler’s Nazi Party
1. We demand the union of all Germans in a Great Germany on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.
2. We demand that the German people have rights equal to those of other nations; and that the Peace Treaties of Versailles and St. Germain shall be abrogated.
3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the maintenance of our people and the settlement of our surplus population.
4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have German blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen. Hence no Jew can be a countryman.
5. Those who are not citizens must live in Germany as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.
6. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We therefore demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the central government, the province, or the municipality, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.
We wage war against the corrupt parliamentary administration whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.
7. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled from the Reich.
8. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately.
9. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.
10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.
Therefore we demand:
11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.
12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.
14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.
15. We demand a generous increase in old-age pensions.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.
17. We demand an agrarian reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.
18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race.
19. We demand that Roman law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by German common law.
20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.
21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting juvenile labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory games and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.
22. We demand the abolition of the regular army and the creation of a national (folk) army.
23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a German press, we demand:
(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the German language shall be German citizens.
(b) Non-German newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the German language.
(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting German newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Germans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Germans from the Reich.
Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.
24. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the Germanic race.
The party as such represents the point of view of a positive Christianity without binding itself to any one particular confession. It fights against the Jewish materialist spirit within and without, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our folk can only come about from within on the pinciple:
COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD
25. In order to carry out this program we demand: the creation of a strong central authority in the State, the unconditional authority by the political central parliament of the whole State and all its organizations.
The formation of professional committees and of committees representing the several estates of the realm, to ensure that the laws promulgated by the central authority shall be carried out by the federal states.
The leaders of the party undertake to promote the execution of the foregoing points at all costs, if necessary at the sacrifice of their own lives.
Right to full employment = can’t be fired for poor performance.
The Bill of Rights is NOT a laundry list of what government can GIVE you.
The Bill of Rights is a LIMIT of the POWER of government.
Socialists never can understand this.
Not to wish him any bad luck, but I hope he gets his wish on that one and never has to be bothered with old age.
“Trumka says Big Labor intends to push both the Democratic Party and the GOP...”
Personally, I intened to continue to push BACK against Unions.
No dead-assed, attitude-loaded Union labor is allowed to set foot on my home or businesses properties.
Can’t quit either.
“Socialists never can understand this.”
The vast majority of Americans don’t understand that the magnificent gift of our Constitution, is in its fundamental nature as a tight list of PROSCRIBED government powers.
If it ain’t in there, by law they shouldn’t be doing it.
This is the exact opposite of the ethos that once made America the envy of the world. It is the hopelessly flawed theory of entitlements that destroys character & subverts a social order. (See, for example, Collectivist/Egalitarianism Sabotages Human Potential.)
A government that you give the power to grant everything you want WILL take everything you have, starting with your freedom and ending with your life.
Trumpka knows this. In fact, the power to do that is exactly what he wants.
Either that, or he’s incredibly stupid.
I believe second one in his list is ‘the right to vote.’ Lots of 'free stuff' in that bill
I had a Democrat here tell me he thinks EVERYONE in the country, legal or illegal, citizen or non-citizen, criminal or law-biding has the right to vote here. He said he doesnt believe in voter regulations (those must be the only regulations he disagrees with) and he said the country will be better off if everyone here, or the most number, votes.
Most of you know I feel the opposite of that, that too many of the wrong people vote and I don't just mean Democrats, although they are high on my list.
Too much voting for 'free stuff'.
This will lead to the violation of the rights of and the enslavement of business owners who are the ones who hire the workers and pay their wages.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.