Skip to comments.Olympics: Torch bearer kisses his boyfriend as spectators cheer
Posted on 07/27/2012 10:52:35 AM PDT by scottjewell
LONDON A gay man carrying the Olympic torch today on the streets of London was cheered by spectators when he kissed his boyfriend during his stretch of carrying the device that will light the giant Olympic Flame tonight during the opening ceremony that will be telecast by NBC in the U.S. on a tape-delay basis.
Chris Basiurski, who chairs Gay Football Supporters Network in Great Britain, was one of thousands of Britons who were chosen to carry the Olympic torch over the past 70 days as part of the Olympic Torch relay that leads up to the lighting ceremony.
Basiurski told the spectators that he and his partner, James, would be getting married next year.
(Excerpt) Read more at lgbtqnation.com ...
This was an international Olympic tradition that should have been free from political and personal displays. That this activist will suffer no repercussions from the Olympic committee is despicable.
Bravo, you said it.
It is your right to be homophilic, but dont expect the world to revolve around your sexual preference bs.
LOL. I don’t expect the world to revolve around anything of mine.
Married once and still, 20+ years, 3 kids, 2 dogs, grandad within a week or so, trust me, if there’s one thing I know painfully well, it’s that it’s not all about me.
I appreciate that you have granted me the right to be homophilic, so I will return the favor, and grant you the right to be homophobic. See how easy that was?
I suggest you Google "folsom street parade"
Me thinks you'll have a change of heart ;)
To be clear, you remarked about Iran and Saudi, and in doing so, you said he was endorsing their anti-homo laws. . .but thing is, in those countries homos are beheaded.
PLease, feel free to tout Irans stance on homosexual behavior. Im glad that, in this way, Iran tracks with your sensibilities.”
Again, Iran beheads homos. He is not calling for that and therefore does not “track” with them.
Me thinks you'll have a change of heart ;)
I did look at it (it's San Francisco!) and I really haven't had a change of heart. Of course, I live near New Orleans where we have Mardi Gras and the "gay beauty contest" every season.
As far as I am concerned, every community/municipality should have the right to set their own standards of decency and they should apply to everyone equally. After all no one makes you go to Fulton Street or Mardi Gras, it's your choice!
When it comes right down to it, I would far rather live in a community that provides equal protection to everyone under the law than to live in a community where you can be beaten or executed because of your sexual orientation or whatever as some here have proposed. Given such a choice, I would choose San Francisco in a heartbeat, but preferably not Fulton Street!
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!
Can't say I disagree with you there, people have a right to either stay or move if they don't like their particular community.
Having said that, this "kiss" was not done in a local Community it was done on a world stage, thereby shoving their perversion down our throats.
IMO it should have been met with boos and scorn, not applause and cheers. I must say though, I haven't seen video of this so the apllause and cheers could very well be an exageration.
Until we change the heart of our peoples, if it's not too late, it's only going to get worse.
I’ll see your puke and add a vomit.
Conservatives will never win on this one.
People are starting to realize that one person's "perversion" is another person's normal. How does that so-called perversion hurt ME? True, it does make me a little squeamish and I don't really like seeing it, but is it REALLY hurting anybody? I know and respect that you disagree but, personally, I think it does not.
If the guy would have kissed a girlfriend instead, would it have been ok? Of course, but why?
>>When did fudge packing become an olympic event?
2700 years ago.
You certainly don't take the homosexual agenda seriously enough either.
Sodom meet Gomorrah!
Beacuse it's NORMAL that's why.
Conservatives will never win on this one.
Not with supposed "Coservatives" like you on our side, I'll agree to that.
Have a gay evening.
The homos do it on purpose in such settings, they want other people’s children to see and accept their perversity and degradation as “normal”. But people like Tim Tebow and his dangerous Scripture verses on his face cannot be allowed.
I hate to break it to you but the ancient Greeks engaged in man/boy love and saw nothing wrong with it.
So what? Ancient Greeks appeared nekkid and did it on public television!
How do the Greeks separate the men from the boys?
With a crowbar.
Thats what I was saying,,,I know they were into it but somehow I imagine they would have at least observed the dignity of the sacred flame they were carrying.
I could be wrong.
I have never met one person fearful of the coprophiles. What is fearful is the fact that male homosexuals are the #1 vector for the spread of infectious diseases in the US. Certainly as a homophile you can appreciate this threat to public health as a sexual preference the rest of us must pay for. Having collected samples from this myriad of typhoid Larry’s in the Bay area, I find that few of them tell the truth.
Isn't THAT special!!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
...they ARE a bit closer, geographically, to Sodom and Gomorrah.
Maybe THEY took the lesson to heart!
However, if America were a strong Christian nation, we would NOT have 47,000,000, plus; crying out from their
graves trashcans; for justice!
Did someone close to him catch the clap(per)?
Read the book...
I’ve been to that nation of faith, its called Saudi Arabia.
Sorry, I’m not on board with arresting homosexual’s just because, the kind of world you wish to live in its is a pretty bleak place indeed.
The issue of gay marriage is a whole different story and very controversial but what you describe is a few steps away from total tyranny, no thanks.
I stand with Cathy!
Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments,I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience.Here I stand. I can do no other.God help me.Amen.
IF my people...
...because it isn't FAGGOTRY??
And just WHERE are they now??
...supplied the language that the New Testement was written it.
:::::waving to Elsie:::::
Love has nothing to do with homosexual practices. Filth, disease, bodily trauma due to the innate deviancy, well, that's another matter.
I am just the messenger of history here, not someone in favor of it.
What a sick bunch of people!
Understood. However, ancient Rome teaches us what happens to societies which embrace homosexuality.
All this becuase I stupidly suggested that living in the US, warts and all, would be my preference to living anywhere else in the world in which gays are arrested for PDA.
With some trepidation I will share ... in 1991 my eldest brother passed from AIDS. He took full advantage of everything the 60s had to offer. Sex drugs and rock n roll as it were. A married man himself, as he worked to get his stuff together through the 80s. We don’t know how he contracted the disease. I can’t really apologize for the fact that my experience puts me in a different state of mind than the rest here. I’ll pass on the continued use of phobe/phile as a hammer.
Addictions of all types are extremely difficult to change. It must come from the person, and be motivated from within. God will help those that desire to drop harmful behaviors. A person must be sincere in desiring to stop harmful behaviors, and be sincere in asking God for forgiveness, repentant, and in truth, seeking to know God, instead of the world and all of its evil enticements.
God blesses those that are seeking to know him and please him