Skip to comments.
Sounds of Silence: Shhhhhhsh!!!!!! — Jews Were Killed
| August 1, 2012
| Michael Widlanski
Posted on 08/01/2012 5:58:17 PM PDT by SJackson
There are times when even keeping silent is deemed a political provocation. That appears to be the view of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) which has refused to hold even a short moment of silence to honor the Israeli team murdered at the 1972 Olympic games. It might offend someone.
So on the fortieth anniversary of the Olympic massacre of 1972, when Palestinian terrorists killed 11 Israeli athletes and coaches, the IOC broke the Olympic record for stupidity and obtuseness by again refusing a moment of silence as inappropriate.
It is strange that treating Jews as human beings or Israel as a real state is somehow seen as offensive or inappropriate. And not just at the Olympics.
The IOC is not so different from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) which steadfastly opposed the use of the red Star of David as a symbol for Israels paramedics, even though it had accepted a red crescent for Arab countries and a red crescent-and-lion for Iran.
We cannot just let everybody do whatever they want, an ICRC spokeswoman once told me when I visited their headquarters in Geneva.
Behind all the blather, the message was quite simple: Somehow, the blood of Israelis was not quite red enough for the ICRC.
Not too long ago there were reports in the British press that some British schools did not want to offend Muslim children by including mention of the Holocaust in their lessons. So, sometimes they do observe moments of silence in Britain.
This is not just a symbolic problem. It is real problem in the war against tyrants and terrorists, and even American leadersRepublican and Democratare guilty.
When Israel was attacked by Saddam Hussein in 1991, with rockets landing in Tel Aviv, President George H. W. Bush and Secretary of state James Baker told Israel the US would block an Israeli retaliation because such an act (though clearly justified) would ruptureclaimed Bush-Bakerthe US-led coalition fighting Saddam.
Though there was no real proof, Bush and Baker said that if Israel defended itself, this would offend Arab states in the anti-Saddam coalition, and they would pull out.
This view was unmasked as idiotic in the 2006-8 conflicts with Hizballah and Hamas, when many Arab leaders actually prayed Israel would seriously hurt the Iran-supported forces of Hamas and Hizballah.
Still, the view persists in high Western circlesthe IOC in London, the ICRC in Geneva, the UN in New York, or policy-makers in Washingtonthat treating Jews like human beings or Israel as a member of the community of nations is taboo. Mere mention of Jews or Israelis as victims is enough to stop passage of any UN resolution.
This nonsensical policy approach has now been embraced by President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. They backed Turkeys demand to ban Israel from NATO exercises and two counter-terror conferences. Instead of calling the Turkish bluff, they empowered it. Instead of fighting terror, they say, make nice.
Indeed, Secretary Clinton reportedly has suggested that Israel apologize to Turkey for Israels killing of several Turkish thugs who were trying to run an Israeli arms blockade around Gaza. In other words, Clinton is telling the Israelis to apologize to an Islamist government which has aided groups that aid Hamas terrorists in Gaza.
One thing is for sure, if the Olympics ever have a competition for hypocrisy, there are a few Western teams that have a good shot at the gold medal.
TOPICS: Editorial; Israel
KEYWORDS: 1972; 2012olympics; anniversary; bhomiddleeast; ioc; israel; munich; olympics; palestinians; soshillary
posted on 08/01/2012 5:58:24 PM PDT
To: dennisw; Cachelot; Nix 2; veronica; Catspaw; knighthawk; Alouette; Optimist; weikel; Lent; GregB; ..
Middle East and terrorism, occasional political and Jewish issues Ping List. High Volume
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
posted on 08/01/2012 5:59:33 PM PDT
(I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people people die of natural causes)
“I say then, Have they [Israel] stumbled that they should fall? God forbid:[do not even think it]but rather through their fall Salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?”
Like Corrie Ten Boom, author of the “Hiding Place,” said:
“There is no panic in heaven; only plans.”
If eleven Olympic Officials were killed you can bet they’d drag out the ceremonies every four years with a thirty minute tribute.
If it’s just Jews and their coaches, eh, not that important.
Of course they’re terrified they might offend someone, and after all, who cares if they offend the Israelis or Jews.
For one, I do. On the forty year anniversary, it was the right time to look back on it and talk about the insanity of killing innocent people.
Evidently that’s a pretty touchy lesson in some circles with IQs in the low to mid eighties overnight. And when it comes to the Olympics and this subject, it has been a very long night.
posted on 08/01/2012 6:30:43 PM PDT
(Remove all Democrats from the Republican party, and we won't have much Left, just a lot of Right.)
The Massacre in Munich Olympics - 1972
- Arab-Islamic / Nazi crime
The massacre of 11 Israeli athletes by Arab Muslim 'Palestinians' of Arafat's PLO / 'Black September' - aided by Neo-Nazis. Mastermind Abu Daoud was driven round Germany by neo-Nazi.
- Salame - son of Mufti's aide
It was executed by (one of the main artchitects) Ali Hassan Salameh, was the son of Shaykh Hassan Salameh [Salama], a top aide of the infamous Grand Mufti, Nazi-trained who worked with the Mufti to poison the wells of Tel-Aviv (operation Atlas - 1944, that could have killed 250,000 people), and later on, together with Abd el Kader led the "Holy war army," one of the most effective and cruel commandos during the Palestine War of 1947-48.
- Abu Jihad - trail of blood
One of the architects was Abu Jihad [Khalil al-Wazir]. This aide of Y. Arafat was also behind many atrocities, such as: Abu Jihad masterminded the March 11, 1978 Israeli Coastal Road Massacre - the hijacking two civilian buses, and murder of 38 civilians, including 13 children. He also orchestrated the March 1975 Tel Aviv Hotel Savoy Massacre, murdering seven civilians.
- Arafat's blessing
The butchers were blessed - ahead of the operation - by Arafat and other Arabs: 'Allah protect you.' 
- Reaction: Arab media vs world
While it shocked the world, Arab newspapers were defending the killers.
Later, 80,000 gathered, honored the memory of the slain Israelis.
- Qaddafi: Jihad & pan-Arabism
From the fears, expressed at the aftermath: Egypt's union with Libya, whose Head of State, Colonel Gaddafi, is set on jihad, on "holy war" with Israel, raises a threat along with the hopes... with the pan-Arab urgings of Colonel Gaddafi and the inhuman terror of the guerillas... Qaddafi created a "Jihad Fund" to help finance Palestinian guerrillas and had the Palestinian militants who had been killed at the 1972 Munich Olympics buried as heroes in Tripoli.
- Glorification by official "Palestinian" Arabs
Decades later, mastermind Daoud was glorified by Palstinian Authority's media  and praised by its "moderate" leader - Abu Mazen (in 2010). The "moderate" Abbas, also named -in April 2010- a Ramallah street in (above mentioned) Abu Jihad's name; sponsored a youth tournament after him; and named a research center after him. 
- ^ "Files Show, Neo-Nazis Helped Palestinian Terrorists in Munich 1972 Massacre," Spiegel Online, June 18, 2012.
- ^ Julian Gavaghan: "German neo-Nazis helped Palestinian terrorists kill 11 Israeli athletes in 1972 Munich Massacre, intelligence files reveal," Daily Mail, June 18, 2012.
- ^ Ehud Yonay: "No margin for error: the making of the Israeli Air Force," (Pantheon Books, April 13, 1993, 426 pp), p. 11.
- ^ Michael Bar-Zohar, Eitan Haber: "Massacre in Munich: The Manhunt for the Killers Behind the 1972 Olympics Massacre," Globe Pequot, December 1, 2005, 256 pp.), p. 237.
- ^ Joseph Cummins: "The War Chronicles: From Flintlocks to Machine Guns: A Global Reference of All the Major Modern Conflicts," (Fair Winds, July 1, 2009 - 400 pp.) p. 352.
- ^ Bar-Zohar, p. 58.
- ^ Benyamin Korn: "Arab Chemical Warfare Against Jews--in 1944," Wyman Institute, March 2003.
- ^ "Operation Atlas - Poisoning Tel-Aviv Residents," IsraCast, November 05, 2011
- ^ Efraim Karsh, Rory Miller: "Israel at Sixty: Rethinking the Birth of the Jewish State," (Routledge, January 29, 2009 - 266 pp.) p. 105.
- ^ Joseph Cummins: "The War Chronicles: From Flintlocks to Machine Guns: A Global Reference of All the Major Modern Conflicts," (Fair Winds, July 1, 2009, 400 pp.), p. 352.
- ^ Chaim Herzog, Shlomo Gazit: "The Arab-Israeli Wars: War and Peace in the Middle East from the 1948 War of Independence to the Present," (Random House Digital, Inc., July 12, 2005, 476 pp.) p. 22.
- ^ Joseph Carmi, Arie Carmi: "The war of Western Europe against Israel," (Devora Publishing, 2003 - 160 pp.) p. 56.
- ^ Harriet Sherwood: "A massacre to be remembered, The Age, July 27 2012.
- ^ "Israel Links Guerrilla To Munich, Tel Aviv Raids," AP, Star-News, March 16, 1978.
- ^ Yoram Ettinger: "A man of peace? Ignoring Abbas' horrific track record of the last 50 year rewards terror," YNet, April 27, 2010.
- ^ Gus Martin: "The SAGE Encyclopedia of Terrorism, Second Edition," (2011, 720 pp.) p. 410.
- ^ By Patrick Goodenough: "Munich Olympics Massacre Said to Be PLO Operation," CNS, May 5, 1999.
- ^ Julie Stahl: "Israelis Remember Munich Olympic Massacre, Celebrate New Gold Win," July 7, 2008.
- ^ "Slaughter Of 11 Israeli Athletes Shocks World," Southeast Missourian, September 6, 1972.
- ^ "Arab Newspapers Defend Palestinian Guerillas," Tri City Herald, September, 1972.
- ^ Frank Corkin Journal Sports Columnist: "Right Choice In Munich," Meriden Journal, September 12, 1972.
- ^ "As the Flames dies, What?" The Age, September 12, 1972.
- ^ Tom Heneghan: "SPECIAL REPORT-Gaddafi's secret missionaries2" AlertNet, Rueters, March 29, 2012
- ^ Barry Shaw: "Israel Reclaiming the Narrative," (AuthorHouse, December 30, 2011, 320 pp.) p. 154.
- ^ Dr. Aharon Lerner: "Mastermind of Munich Massacre to Receive the Palestine Prize, Gamla, November 15, 1999.
- ^ Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu: "Abbas Eulogizes Munich Massacre Mastermind," Israel National News, July 4, 2010.
- ^ "Ramallah Street Named After Abu Jihad; Calls For Commemorating," Memri, April 21, 2010.
- ^ Zoe Fox: "PA tourney named after Abu Jihad," JPost, May 3, 2010.
- ^ "A Culture of Hatred." The Israel Project
- ^ "Research center named after the terrorist Abu Jihad," PalWatch, April 18, 2010.
posted on 08/09/2012 8:39:30 PM PDT
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson