I dont think they care about higher food prices or fuel prices. In fact the lefties often rally behind higher fuel prices. What better way to do that than mandate expensive ethanol usage. As for the food prices, well why would they care about that, after all food shortages is a form of population control.
I understand that the farmers are also in dire straits over this...
1. Nix the Keystone pipeline, an uninterpretable source of ethical oil from your closest ally and trading partner.
2. Close coal mines and coal generating plants, driving up the price of electricity.
3. Stop and discourage drilling for oil.
4. Don't build nuclear plants.
5. Burn a basic food crop in the nation's gas tanks.
Sounds like a plan. At least its working.
Burning food during a drought is morally obscene.
This should point out to all the young voters what this administration is doing wrong. We have in this country fields full of burnt out corn, which would have fed people. Knowing this, this congress is going on with the 15% ethanol in the gasoline anyway. It doesn’t matter that they are taking food from people. What matters is that they keep their promise to the ethanol industry to force people to use it in the gas. That is what democrats are. Remember when you vote!