|This thread has been locked, it will not receive new replies.|
|Locked on 08/10/2012 6:31:14 PM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:|
Skip to comments.EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016 U.S. military officers are told to plan to fight Americans
Posted on 08/10/2012 5:55:10 PM PDT by izzatzo
Imagine Tea Party extremists seizing control of a South Carolina town and the Army being sent in to crush the rebellion. This farcical vision is now part of the discussion in professional military circles.
At issue is an article in the respected Small Wars Journal titled Full Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A Vision of the Future. It was written by retired Army Col. Kevin Benson of the Army's University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., and Jennifer Weber, a Civil War expert at the University of Kansas. It posits an extremist militia motivated by the goals of the tea party movement seizing control of Darlington, S.C., in 2016, occupying City Hall, disbanding the city council and placing the mayor under house arrest. The rebels set up checkpoints on Interstate 95 and Interstate 20 looking for illegal aliens. Its a cartoonish and needlessly provocative scenario.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
What Good Can a Handgun Do Against An Army?
sorry to complain but there is a thread with nearly 400 replies here:
(search “titles” one word at a time. “2016” brought up the original right away)
Revolution is coming.
I posted the same thing right after this thread (weird coincidence!). It is a few days old and many people probably haven’t seen it. I’ve seen posts that say it is ok to post something like 4 to 6 hours later but I don’t know if that’s just urban FR legend.
Don’t be silly.
The “revolution” would last 10 minutes.
Disagree, I searched for same post including “2016”, and it did not show. The site search mode is often inadequate, not the first time for a duplicate post, probably not the last time.
Hey, izaarto. This crap story has already been trashed by JR. It’s crap from examiner.com. Examiner.com is populated by left wing scum who will steal your underpants.
” The revolution would last 10 minutes. “
The ‘revolution’ has already happened (think, “boiling frog”) - what we’re seeing with this wargame is the mop-up/consolidation/pacification phase....
Without the quote marks it brought it up. I have duplicated posts by searching whole titles or multiple words from titles. I now search one word at a time, trying 2 or 3 words if it looks like a popular post.
Certainly looks that way.
I tell my kids to not have children.
The world is going to a very grim place.
I sent my congressman, Mike Rogers of Alabama, an email the other day and asked WHY the dept of HLS needed to purchase 450 MILLION hollow point bullets since they are illegal for military forces and illegal for police. I have not yet heard from him, but will be posting his reply here when it happens. I am very interested too see his response.
THAT I agree with.
If this is the best they can come up with I’m not too worried.
This is not from the Examiner, this is from the Washington Post.
“Dont be silly.
The revolution would last 10 minutes.”
Well, then go surrender yourself, chicken hitchwolf. Try not to cluck too loud and wake your neighbors.
I think the best rebuttal to an article like this would be a picture of a large gallows, depicting US military officers of high rank, in their dress uniforms, but with black bags over their heads, unceremoniously dangling as a group. In all fairness, each military branch should be represented.
Nailed to the front of the gallows is a copy of the US constitution with the word “Traitors” painted across it.
Of course not a mention of what is actually taking place in Chicago today.
Does it seem obvious to anyone else that our government is so angry at our respect for our founders and founding documents, that they are actually planing to take us down for it?
Excuse me, but you don’t do that unless you have one massive guilty conscience.
I refer you to Afghanistan and Iraq.
The military would have a SOB of a time crushing any domestic uprising. The IRA never numbered more than several hundred. The Brits controlled the whole of northern Ireland with a very professional army. They had the insurgency basically confined to an island where they controlled all approaches. The British fought on for decades, and finally had to negotiate a peace.
1) First, a domestic uprising would only happen after extreme provocation, so people nationwide would already be on edge. The uprising would never happen unless something happened to convince people that all political remedies were futile, and the government would likely start the rebellion with some overt act that went too far.
2) a crushing response only spreads the movement.
3) Fighting in Iraq is one thing, doing it on you own logistical tail is quite another.
4) No insurgency would face them force on force. It would be another of those fights seen all around the world involving IEDs, blackmail, ambush, deceit, and military leaders would find their families targeted for kidnap, murder, etc. This recently happened when a Mexican Marine was killed fighting Cartels. They gave him a funeral with honors. Later that night, his mother, sister, and several others were all murdered.
History shows that political leaders who ordered and supported a US military attack on American citizens would also be personal endangered, bribed, blackmailed, and neutralized.
Imagine for example, a drone operator shot dead as he stopped for gas on his way home in Nevada, a thousand miles from the war zone. No military would be safe, anywhere. The crackdown would have to be nationwide, and wouldnt stay local. The heavy handed actions necessary would anger people who were not involved to begin with. Resentment towards the government grows.
5) Our military uses the USA as a home base. Their bases, supply depots, maintenence activites, factories, air bases etcc are extremely vulnerable and scattered.
6) The Military would have to be extremely concerned about their troops loyalty. Often they will be sypathetic to the uprising. A classic example is found in Russia. When the tanks rolled into Moscow in 1991. They were supposed to crush the pro-Yeltsin crowd. In about a half hour they were hugging the crowd, sharing tea and bread, and started shelling the Russian government building on BEHALF of the crowd.
7) Our military is amazing when used against a foreign enemy. But if it was turned against the American people, here in America, you would quickly see it swallowed up into a nationwide chasm of national disorder. Our military just spent 10 years in Iraq which is about the size of Texas. It was bled white, and most units did 3, 4, or 5 tours.
8) In recent wars, the military could always rest and refit here. They knew their families were safe at home. They knew that in general the nation was behind them. Its a very different animal when none of that is true.
9) The chaos causes extreme business disruptions in our close coupled, just in time economy. This adds pressure to quickly negotiate. Politicians are under unbelievable pressure. The opposition party is seen as an alternative to the one that sparked the insurgency.
There wont be a Gettysburg in modern insurgency. There will be a nasty insurgency, with a political component that would be as important as the killing wing.
This experience is best left to the imagination.
Sorry for the shouting but I just have had enough of this leftard crap for one day.
The exact scenario is fanciful, but the real point is getting them used to the idea of firing on Americans.
They just do not understand.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.