Skip to comments.The FRC Shooting and Inflammatory Gay Rhetoric
Posted on 08/20/2012 4:10:59 AM PDT by Kaslin
Within hours of the shooting of the security guard at the Family Research Council last Wednesday, more than 20 gay organizations issued a joint statement that they utterly reject and condemn such violence. This is highly commendable. Unfortunately, they did not utterly reject, condemn, or even acknowledge their potential role in helping to create the toxic environment that may have contributed to the shooting. Consider how shrill gay activist rhetoric has become.
In June, after Southern Baptists reaffirmed marriage as the union of one man and one woman (for conservative Christians who base their faith on the Bible, a no brainer), gay icon Mel White branded them holy terrorists, ending his Huffington Post article with these words: Please, for the sake of millions of our sisters and brothers who are victims of holy terrorism, resist! What kind of actions could rhetoric like this produce?
To be sure, just a few lines earlier, White wrote, If we resort to violence, we will lose the war, but those words were drowned out by the passionate call to resist holy terrorism and by the reference to holy terrorists.
Interestingly, in 1995, White wrote his first book as a gay Christian with the irenic title Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay and Christian in America. In 2006, he published a much more aggressive volume, Religion Gone Bad: The Hidden Dangers of the Christian Right, which was then reissued in 2012 with the title Holy Terror: Lies the Christian Right Tells Us to Deny Gay Equality. So, while the position of conservative Christians has not changed (aside from being much more compassionate than it was 20 years ago), gay rhetoric condemning that position certainly has changed: By following the Scriptures, you are guilty of holy terrorism!
Day and night, LGBT people are told how much we hate and despise them, that Prop 8 in California was actually Prop Hate, that Chick-Fil-A serves hate chicken (this from the mayor of Washington, DC). Is it any surprise, then, that a number of churches were vandalized after the Prop 8 vote in 2008 or that a Chick-Fil-A store had the words tastes like hate scrawled on its walls? And given the view that failure to affirm homosexuality is an act of hate, is it any surprise that in April of this year, a church in Seattle had its windows smashed by a group called Angry Queers?
Wayne Besen, founding executive director of Truth Wins Out, was one of the signers of the joint LGBT statement condemning the FRC shooting on August 15th. One day later, he assured his readers that the FRC loathes LGBT people with a special passion and that the SPLC was 100% correct in labeling the FRC a hate group, although hate groups dont deserve to be victims of hate crimes. (My next article will focus on the deplorable irresponsibility and arrogance of the SPLC.)
Last year, at the gay pride event in Charlotte, about 400 Christians (including me) wore God Has a Better Way tee-shirts and handed out 2,500 bottles of water inscribed with Jesus Loves You. (For us, the Jesus Revolution means putting down swords of violence and hatred and picking up crosses of truth and love.)
In response, Besen wrote an article entitled, Michael Brown Is an Anti-Gay Monster, claiming that my game is to try inciting followers to possible violence against LGBT people. He stated, I do strongly believe to my core that Browns ultimate goal is to create the conditions for a nasty physical clash, claiming that, The madman fully understands that he only has to create a hostile climate to inflame the most unstable of his thugs and they will eventually provoke the type of confrontation that this pathological monster deeply desires.
What effect do such vitriolic, ugly, and hate-filled words have on an unstable gay reader? And how would that person recognize that there is not a grain of truth in Besens inflammatory words?
Not surprisingly, on the very web page featuring Besens excellent statement condemning the FRC shooting, he allowed comments like these to stand: Have the hypocrites started their screams yet? And, You can only push people so far in oppression before they react. Shooting is NOT a way to dialogue. FRC will use this to beg and plead for more money to fight the radical homosexual agenda. Thankfully the guard was only wounded, but the deeper wounding has been happening for over twenty years on the part of FRC.
So, the shooter was guilty, but the FRC bears the greater guilt. As another commenter on the Truth Wins Out site opined, the shooting was Lady Karma finally come a-calling on the FRC.
Sadly, there are gay websites more extreme and inflammatory than Besens, and even those that are more restrained in their language continually fuel the fires of hate, as if any failure to affirm or celebrate homosexuality can be based on one thing alone: hatred of gays. (Question to gay readers: If you oppose plural marriage, does that mean you hate polygamists and polyamorists?)
I know this has worked well for gay PR, and I dont doubt that many LGBT people believe the hate charge to be universally true, but its high time the gay activist rhetoric of hate be dropped before the atmosphere becomes even more toxic. Surely all of us who are spokesmen and leaders on both sides of the debate can step higher and maintain civility in the midst of our profound differences.
4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom both young and oldsurrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.
6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, No, my friends. Dont do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But dont do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.
9 Get out of our way, they replied. This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! Well treat you worse than them. They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.
It appears that there is nothing new under the sun...
A long-forgotten set of passages explaining what is happening.
11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.
Refresh your memory!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
You know how they say John Stewart is “Clown Nose On/Clown Nose Off”? Which is to say he demands to be taken seriously (Clown Nose Off) until he says something stupid and/or outrageous, and then he is just trying to be funny.
I find it is the same way with the Gay activists. They demand to be taken seriously, but when they say something completely out of bounds, they put the Pink Nose on and say “Oh, you know how off-the-hook and emotional we gays are... You can’t take that literally”.
Sorry, boys... Nobody gets a free pass. If you want to be part of the political process, you are going to have to start behaving like reasonable adults and taking responsibility for what you say. Until that happens, the rest of us will be quite comfortable ignoring you.
I went to a little domino game with the women of a very active church last week. NONE of them knew about the shooting at FRC, although most knew of FRC.
Such is the hard work of the MSM to keep Americans uniformed. The enemy is within, folks, and they are the mainstream media. They would have us sleep until every freedom is gone.
And today's version is "who are you to judge?"
The left, since Genesis 3, hasn't gotten any more creative, have they? Of course, why stop using something that works?
Until we can create and support an equal number of conservative news outlets as there are currently lie-beral ones, we will lose the PR war to the SSAD Taliban.
Just like conservatism loses the PR war to lie-berals in the MSM (Mainly Socialist Media) because we do not have an equal voice in spite of the fact we have approx the same number of believers in the USA.
The homonazis are succeeding in creating enemies in places where they had NONE before.
This kind of super heated rhetoric only causes people who once really didn’t care, to sit up and take notice.
Its about time that queers wake up and realize people don’t give a ratz A about what they do behind closed doors, but people tend to get really POed when homonazis try to jam it on them politically.
It is a waste of time engage the mentally deranged. The hallmarks of homosexuals include coprophilia, NAMBLA membership, and level one gender illness. Wow!
It is my misfortune to know the gay community too disgustingly well, since I worked in the San Fran area for the CA Dept of Public Health for more than 2 decades. Hollywood and the local news dont report the public health facts on TV. Hollywood gives us the Will and Grace show to promote this sickening and life-threatening deviance as somehow all about love and living a good life. It is the exact opposite. It is disease spreading, misery for sick minded perverts, perversion in filthy public restrooms and bath-houses that smell of feces and blood. I was forced to enter said facilities to collect samples that would gag a maggot, and track down kids who were passed around the gay community. Normal people have no idea of the “gay” reality.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.