Skip to comments.Who Outted Matt Bissonette aka Mark Owen!
Posted on 08/23/2012 12:02:02 PM PDT by TsonicTsunami08
The author of a recently announced insider account of the raid that killed Usama bin Laden has been identified to Fox News as a 36-year-old former Navy SEAL Team 6 member from Alaska who also played a role in the high-profile rescue of an American captain kidnapped by Somali pirates. The book, "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden," is set to hit shelves on Sept 11. It is penned under the pseudonym "Mark Owen," according to the publisher, but multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska. Bissonnette could be
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/23/author-bin-laden-raid-insider-account-idd-could-face-legal-trouble/#ixzz24OhdEoR7
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
I was a bit surprised by all the info on this guy from this article. Which leaves the question for me...why? I thought bammy was all for the hit on UBL. This kind of attack tells me all the articles on him not wanting to do it and Valerie and Hillary telling him to do so are the truth. Just me though.
I started the first thread on this when I heard Jennifer Griffin out him on Fox this AM.
As an ex-Navy person, I was appalled but be prepared. A lot of folks here think he did it to himself by writing the book.
Sometimes, FR is pretty tough on folks.
“...multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska. Bissonnette could be exposing himself to legal trouble, as the Pentagon has not vetted the account.”
It is likely that someone within the administration an agent of George Soros or someone in the Liberal Media outed Bissonnette to Fox News and endangered both Bissonnette and Fox News by forcing Fox News to publish his name.
Another leak from the Leaker-in-Chief.
Good thing Bissonette waited for the war on terror to be over before publishing his book. /SARCASM. WTF has happened to the code of silence among our special teams? It seems 0bama’s culture of ‘compromise America’ has gotten even to them. Be damned them all who break the code of silence. There is NO excuse for this.. Not even ‘to set the record straight’. That’s not THEIR job and only weakens our future capabilities.
Sure didn’t take long for “Mark Owens’” cover to be blown.
Maybe his goal is to be a lightning rod. If the DOJ/DOD pursues him as a “leaker,” how can they let Obama/Holder etc slide?
This guy’s name rings a bell. Could be it was easy enough to figure out who he was given his location.
Dishonorable Disclosures (22:00 Youtube video)
Special Operations (OPSEC) (website to get involved)
Never mind, there is a film director of the same name. That’s probably where I got it.
So much for my “Brian Ross” moment.
Why did Fox out him? They certainly did not have to release the info just because they got it.
Here’s the earlier thread:
Obama gave his Hollywood friends unprecedented access to the CIA & State Dept. so they could make a movie.
My feeling is this man realizes the danger we are in from the enemy within, and has decided to engage that enemy!
If the current administration wins another term I’m afraid the SPECOP Teams will be dismantled to weaken the United States further. I’m sure coming out of the shadows weighed heavily on this man. If anyone is qualified to asses and react to eminent danger it is this man and those like him!
This administration cannot have 4 more years to destroy the United States!
Definitely Obama payback... well, imo.
I keep going back to the day Zero demanded to meet with the heroic team that took out bin Laden.
You just knew this day was coming if any of them ever got out of line or if Zero ever needed a good bargaining chip to strengthen his hand when dealing with his muslim brothers.
Amen to what you said...
I once thought our last line of defense against the illegal things this admin was doing was the Supreme Court...
now, it’s the SPECOPs people...God bless them.
Fox certainly did their part in outing the author, since most of us are hearing it from them, busy scooping the betrayal announcement themselves.
The glory of taking out Bin Laden goes solely to the Commander in Chief for his gutsy call. The book might cause people to give the honor to the men who were there on the scene and actually risked their lives. We can’t have that.
I'm not entirely sure he's entitled to complete anonymity. He could have very easily kept his name hidden by not writing the book. And if I'm correct, special ops guys have to sign non-disclosure agreements upon leaving the military. This book may compromise his benefits.
Text of Form SF-312:
2. I hereby acknowledge that I have received a security indoctrination concerning the nature and protection of classified information, including the procedures to be followed in ascertaining whether other persons to whom I contemplate disclosing this information have been approved for access to it, and that I understand these procedures.
3. I have been advised that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of classified information by me could cause damage or irreparable injury to the United States or could be used to advantage by a foreign nation. I hereby agree that I will never divulge classified information to anyone unless: (a) I have officially verified that the recipient has been properly authorized by the United States Government to receive it; or (b) I have been given prior written notice of authorization from the United States Government Department or Agency (hereinafter Department or Agency) responsible for the classification of the information or last granting me a security clearance that such disclosure is permitted. I understand that if I am uncertain about the classification status of information, I am required to confirm from an authorized official that the information is unclassified before I may disclose it, except to a person as provided in (a) or (b), above. I further understand that I am obligated to comply with laws and regulations that prohibit the unauthorized disclosure of classified information.
4. I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of any security clearances I hold; removal from any position of special confidence and trust requiring such clearances; or the termination of my employment or other relationships with the Departments or Agencies that granted my security clearance or clearances. In addition, I have been advised that any unauthorized disclosure of classified information by me may constitute a violation, or violations, of United States criminal laws, including the provisions of Sections 641, 793, 794, 798, *952 and 1924, Title 18, United States Code, * the provisions of Section 783(b), Title 50, United States Code, and the provisions of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982. I recognize that nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver by the United States of the right to prosecute me for any statutory violation.
5. I hereby assign to the United States Government all royalties, remunerations, and emoluments that have resulted, will result or may result from any disclosure, publication, or revelation of classified information not consistent with the terms of this Agreement.
6. I understand that the United States Government may seek any remedy available to it to enforce this Agreement including, but not limited to, application for a court order prohibiting disclosure of information in breach of this Agreement.
7. I understand that all classified information to which I have access or may obtain access by signing this Agreement is now and will remain the property of, or under the control of the United States Government unless and until otherwise determined by an authorized official or final ruling of a court of law. I agree that I shall return all classified materials which have, or may come into my possession or for which I am responsible because of such access: (a) upon demand by an authorized representative of the United States Government; (b) upon the conclusion of my employment or other relationship with the Department or Agency that last granted me a security clearance or that provided me access to classified information; or (c) upon the conclusion of my employment or other relationship that requires access to classified information. If I do not return such materials upon request, I understand that this may be a violation of Section 793 and/or 1924, Title 18, United States Code, a United States criminal law.
8. Unless and until I am released in writing by an authorized representative of the United States Government, I understand that all conditions and obligations imposed upon me by this Agreement apply during the time I am granted access to classified information, and at all times thereafter.
9. Each provision of this Agreement is severable. If a court should find any provision of this Agreement to be unenforceable, all other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
(Continue on reverse.)
10. These restrictions are consistent with and do not supersede, conflict with or otherwise alter the employee obligations, rights or liabilities created by Executive Order 12958; Section 7211 of Title 5, United States Code (governing disclosures to Congress); Section 1034 of Title 10, United States Code, as amended by the Military Whistleblower Protection Act (governing disclosure to Congress by members of the military): Section 2302(b)(8) of Title 5, United States Code, as amended by the Whistleblower Protection Act (governing disclosures of illegality, waste, fraud, abuse or public health or safety threats); the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982 (50 U.S.C. 421 et seq.) (governing disclosures that expose confidential Government agents), and the statutes which protect against disclosure that may compromise the national security, including Sections 641, 793, 794, 798, 952 and 1924 of Title 18, United States Code, and Section 4(b) of the Subversive Activities Act of 1950 (50 U.S.C. Section 783(b)). The definitions, requirements, obligations, rights, sanctions and liabilities created by said Executive Order and listed statutes are incorporated into this Agreement and are controlling.
11. I have read this Agreement carefully and my questions, if any, have been answered. I acknowledge that the briefing officer has made available to me the Executive Order and statutes referenced in this Agreement and its implementing regulation (32 CFR Section 2003.20) so that I may read them at this time, if I so choose.
ORGANIZATION (IF CONTRACTOR, LICENSEE, GRANTEE OR AGENT, PROVIDE: NAME, ADDRESS, AND, IF APPLICABLE, FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE NUMBER)(Type or print)
THE EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT WAS WITNESSED BY THE UNDERSIGNED.
SIGNATURE | DATE
NAME AND ADDRESS (Type or print)
THE UNDERSIGNED ACCEPTED THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.
SIGNATURE | DATE
NAME AND ADDRESS (Type or print)
Previous edition not usable.
STANDARD FORM 312 (Rev. 1-00)
Prescribed by NARA/ISOO
32 CFR 2003, E.O. 12958
Heres the thing I cant stop thinking: Barack Obama couldnt even hold a job that required him to sign this form and yet hes Commander in Chief. Sad.
That is probably just what the fuss is about. This guy is scooping Barry 0'Blitzkrieg.
All proceeds are going to the families of wounded or killed Navy Seals. There is not a nickel in it for the Operator/ Author!
Whoever released this is responsible for the life and possible death of the Navy Seal and his family.
Well, you might be right...we’ll find out his motivation soon enough.
I just think that between the damn admin and the sycophantic press, the leaks our brave troops have to endure are outrageous and it needs to be called on.
Hence the email to Fox protesting the outing.
Giving Barack Hussein 0bama ANY security clearance above ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ nullifies all other security clearances, just like giving illegal aliens driver’s licenses nullifies all other driver’s licenses as a form of I.D.
Whoever did this will be responsible for any misfortune that may befall THEMSELVES! It’s not like they ratted out some local punk, they have messed with the most proficient predators on the planet. I say good luck to them and watch your 6!
The articles I read said that a MAJORITY of the profits will go to the charity. A small, yet important, detail.
Cool, I think this is about much more than money. There is to much at stake.
I find it hard to believe she got it cleared with higher ups. It just is not their MO to endanger military personal.
Well with the exception of Geraldo who drew battle plans in the dust during the Iraq War.
His name is news and Fox is a cable NEWS network. He chose to try and remain anonymous and still publish his book. He should have known better. Ryan Zinke and those otherSpec Ops have voluntarily come forward to indict Obama and his crew. No one among these SEALs and Spec Ops people including the author is on active service. As for the code of honor someone else cited, that would only have been broken by another SEAL or mission participant. A civilian DoD planner is not bound by such codes, and could even have been ordered to leak the info.
I want that named released too, so I can judge for myself the merits of the release.
You should not be surprised. It is simply a fact, ignored by the rest of state-run media, that Whalid bin-Talal, News Corp’s largest private stockholder, long ago boasted of his control over Fox's editorial policy. News Corp also owns the Wall Street Journal.
Not coincidentally the same Whalid bin-Talal, was described by former NY Assemblyman, former Malcolm X attorney, Percy Sutton, as Obama’s patron at Columbia and Harvard. Sutton was asked by Mansour to use his considerable influence to get Barry into Harvard. Sutton was proud to help. Bin-Talal's legal agent was Khalid al-Mansour, known during his years at Berkeley's Boalt Hall, as Don Warden, intellectual founder of the Black Panthers, a virulent black nationalist whose radio diatribes were drawn from the sames sources as those of Rev. Wright. (He often used the "kill white women and their babies because their babies become the solders of the infidels" theme.) It is the same Whalid bin-Talal who offered Rudy Giuliani $10 million after 9/11, and who donated $20 million to Harvard after Barack was admitted, and whose Whalid bin-Talal Islamic Studies Center is now Harvard Divinity School's largest division.
Money talks, and silences people whose careers could disappear in a phone call.
Spaulding, do you remember when Mr. Talal was outed on FOX & Friends as being the world’s top financial supporter and funder of schools to radicalize potential violent Islamists? Only to discover after the show who Talal was, that he was the second largest owner of News Corp stock, a fellow billionaire of Murdock’s. And ultimately “the boss” along with Murdock? And then the charge completely disappeared.
See this video for the whole hilarious self-immolation of FOX & Friends that day
The Parent Company Trap
Fox News is either evil or stupid for not mentioning that Alwaleed bin Talal is News Corp.’s largest shareholder. (09:39)
I am no longer surprised to learn that there are others at FR who know more about a topic about which I happen to have a superficial recollection. Thanks. I did not know about the incident at FOX and Friends, and have never actually seen the show. Thanks. It shows that many of those who appear to be on one side or the other of the political spectrum are simply ignorant. Bin-Talal was not an issue for the Obama media.
I happen to have been a student at Berkeley when Don Warden was at Boalt, and heard a fair number of his diatribes on days when his show was broadcast by a local jazz station. Rather than change the station (too often I was under my car or doing some chore that made changing the station inconvenient). Warden/al-Mansour was a glib speaker with a convincing grasp of a history most had never heard. White people were to be eliminated, starting with women and children. The original Jews were black, including Jesus, and were systematically exterminated by European white devils who invaded the birthplace of humanity. When I learned Warden and Mansour were the same person, and that Mansour had been employed by bin-Talal to recruit for Wahhabi Islam, and had recruited Soetoro while he was at Occidental, it sounded plausible. When Mansour boasted about his friendship with Obama beginning at Occidental, there was no doubt. Percy Sutton seems like an honest man, and was certainly not senile, as claimed by Obama supporters, when interviewed by NY Public Interest Television. This is a very plausible story too volitile for the media, but confirmed by both Sutton and Mansour, and by the public record of bin-Talal's donations to Harvard.
As some pundit intoned, follow the money. The Saudi’s can't defend themselves, and have lots of our money as long as our political class constrains our ability to achieve energy independence. We can't read minds, and don't know Barry's motivations. He is clearly helping the Sunni Saudi Family who funded his education, and was certainly at one time a Sunni Muslim himself in Indonesia. It is no suprise that Sunni wealth directed at Harvard is a non-issue for the press, or that Malcolm X's lawyer, in spite of his perfectly clear explanation, and pride in helping Obama to achieve his position of influence, is a non-issue to both parties.
Politics is a business. Both parties have benefit from the largess of the Saudi family. The only obviously illegal aspect of their influence is that to put their proxy in office required the suppression of the Constitutional requirement that presidents be born to parents who were citizens of the US. Every US Senator confirmed that fact when they all signed Senate Res. 511 in April of 2008. It is no coincidence that Obama's advisor at Harvard Law, Larry Tribe, wrote the letter to argue that the ineligible McCain should be treated as a natural born citizen, even if the law says otherwise. Using McCain was the brilliant tactic that prevented the vetting of Obama. Both 2008 Senate actions to proclaim McCain's eligibility were filed by Obama campaign co-director Clair McCaskill. The media refused to speak about it, except to ridicule those caught up in the futile search for a legitimate birth certificate. It is just the ploy used by Chester Arthur, who always had a birth certificate from New Hampshire, but hid it so that the preoccupation would distract from the secret that Arthur's father was a British subject until Arthur was 14 - clearly in violation of Article II Section 1. It is a sham for which we are paying the price, a price which has not yet been fully revealed. Our founders and framers knew what they were doing, and so do our enemies.
Ryan Zinke and those otherSpec Ops have voluntarily come forward to indict Obama and his crew.And this book being published completely undermines their efforts.