I've used kerosene for over 50 years and I'm still alive.
Battery acid, just a small drop on an infected cut pretty much takes the infection out.
Just have some fresh water handy to wash it off.
First time I used battery acid was by accident.
Had a cut on side of my finger and another on the end of the same finger. Went straight down the end of my finger half way through the nail. Both cuts were infected and my finger was swollen and a bright red.
Pulled a cracked battery out of a tractor. The acid from the battery soaked the bandage on my finger.
The water trough was about 100 yards away, so it burned like crap until i got to the trough to wash it off.
Next day infection, swelling, and soreness was pretty much gone.
I've dabbed acid on cuts a lot of times since then.
Hasn't killed me yet, although I do get an urge to jump start a car every now and then.