Skip to comments.
Abbas, Fayyad Outraged at Egyptian Treatment of Hamas
Arutz Sheva ^
Posted on 08/27/2012 11:04:06 PM PDT by Eleutheria5
Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Mininster Salam Fayyad of the Palestinian Authority (PA) feel anger and dissatisfaction at the new Egyptian administration over its approach to the PA, especially its representation, according to PA sources cited, Monday, by the London-based Ash-Sharq Il-Awsat daily.
The sources say Abu-Mazen and Fayyad are not pleased that the government of President Mohammed Morsi "has ties with Hamas as if it is the representative of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, while ignoring the role of the Palestinian Authority." The sources added that "Egypt is negotiating with the Hamas government
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
TOPICS: Extended News; Israel; News/Current Events; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: abbas; afghanistan; arabspring; egypt; hamas; islam; mahmoudabbas; middleeast; pa; salamfayyad; syria; waaah
Related: Abbas 'Worried About PA's Future' Because of Lieberman http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/159356
Now that I'm done with breakfast and the laughter has died down, a quick note to Mr. Robinson.
Sir, isn't it time that the topics were updated. The Anthrax scare has been over for more than a decade. There is no topic for Syria, Egypt, Arab Spring or Afghanistan, Islam or the Middle East, even though they are constantly in the news. Can't France or Venezuela have their own topics? Cuba does. Now that the quarterly fundraiser is over, perhaps some time could be devoted to this long-overdue task.
I think you have to address the post directly to “JimRobinson” to get any response.
Interesting head-line to the thread; before I read the article I said to myself, funny that Abbas would come to the defence of Hamas. But in these Biblical countries you never know when lions lie down with sheep..... After having read the piece I see that as usal the Arabs are much more Byzantine or Ottoman than Biblical in their behaviour. :-)
posted on 08/27/2012 11:17:14 PM PDT
(Part of the Right Wing Research & Attack Machine)
They keep sheep and donkeys (and do various Biblical things to them). Therefore, they are Biblical./sarc
posted on 08/27/2012 11:21:16 PM PDT
(End the occupation. Annex today.)
To: ScaniaBoy; Jim Robinson
“I think you have to address the post directly to JimRobinson to get any response.”
Sir, isn’t it time that the topics were updated. The Anthrax scare has been over for more than a decade. There is no topic for Syria, Egypt, Arab Spring or Afghanistan, Islam or the Middle East, even though they are constantly in the news. Can’t France or Venezuela have their own topics? Cuba does. If space is a problem, you could combine them to “Cuba/Venezuela/France/whatever,” since they now seem interchangeable. Now that the quarterly fundraiser is over, perhaps some time could be devoted to this long-overdue task.
posted on 08/28/2012 12:07:53 AM PDT
(End the occupation. Annex today.)
Hamas, the militant wing of the US Democrat Party.
posted on 08/28/2012 12:21:10 AM PDT
(Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge)
To: dennisw; Cachelot; Nix 2; veronica; Catspaw; knighthawk; Alouette; Optimist; weikel; Lent; GregB; ..
Middle East and terrorism, occasional political and Jewish issues Ping List. High Volume
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
posted on 08/28/2012 4:48:04 AM PDT
(I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people people die of natural causes)
To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...
- PA losing legitimacy among Palestinians: UN
- Obama "stars" in Palestinian Ad [September 7, 2011]
Obama is the unlikely star of a new Palestinian media campaign. Part of a speech Obama gave in 2010 to the United Nations General Assembly is featured in an ad aimed to rally support for the Palestinians upcoming bid for statehood at the United Nations on Sept. 20, Reuters reported on Wednesday.
- France opens murder inquiry into Arafat's death
- Egypt: 76 Convicted in Attack on Israeli Embassy
- Lieberman, Abbas Trade Barbs Over Lieberman's Letter
- Confirmation: Egypt 'Deployed U.S.-Made Tanks, SAMs in Sinai'
- Israeli UAV Kills Jihadi in Sinai - Report
- Trunews: Turmoil and persecution of Christians in Egypt
- As UN Head Travels to Iran, Abbas Pledges No Jews In Jerusalem
- Egypt Fully Remilitarizing Sinai - with US Help
- 'Egypt affirms commitment to Israel peace treaty'
- Sinai, the New Egypt, and the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty
- Egypt's moves in Sinai alarm Israel
- Israel Asks Egypt to Remove Tanks From Sinai
- Egyptian Anti-Aircraft Missiles Reported in Sinai
- Israel Asks Egypt to Take Armor Out of Sinai - Report
- Who Lost Egypt?
- Arab Spring run amok: 'Brotherhood' starts crucifixions Opponents of Egypt's Muslim president
- Egyptian Grand Mufti, Muslim Brotherhood General Guide: Ramadan Is The Month Of Jihad And Victories
- Morsi 'to Make Changes in Camp David Accords'
- In violation of peace accord, Egypt deploying troops in Sinai without Israel's prior approval
- New Details Exposed About Sinai Terror Attack
- Terrorists' Goal: World Jihad in Sinai International terrorist groups are working with
- Egypt 'Refusing All Contact With Israel' Post-Government Shakeup
- Security services record Islamist exodus to Egypt (can CAIR accompany them?)
- Mohammed Morsi tells Egypt army to 'protect the nation'
- Egypt military shows no sign of opposing president
- Sinai Anarchy: Terrorists Kill Anti-Terror Tribal Chief
- Egypt leader Mursi orders army chief Tantawi to resign
- Hamas leader's kin gets Israeli medical aid even as terror group blasts Jewish state
- Egypt launches airstrikes (protester: "There's nothing called Palestine, Palestinians are traitors")
- Sinai Buildup Shifts Tenet of Egypt-Israel Peace
- Hamas fostering terror, damaging ties with Egypt'
- Angry Egyptian Mourners Chase Morsi from Soldiers' Funeral
- Egypt demands extradition of 3 Hamas militants over support for Sinai terrorists
- Islamists [Muslim Brotherhood] claim Israel behind Sinai attack
- Egypt hits militants in Sinai, to Israeli approval
- Egyptian General: Hamas Funded Sinai Attackers
- Abbas Meets Blair, Asks for Financial Support
- Palestinians Waiting for Obama to Win
- Egypt Admits: We Received Intelligence About the Attack
- IAF thwarts terror attack at Egypt border
- Gunmen slaughter guards in Sinai border attack
- Terrorists Kill 20 Egyptian Soldiers, Fail to Enter Israel
- Dozens of rockets, mortar shells explode near Gaza, southern Israel
- Israelis Warned to Leave Sinai Now
- Hamas Blasts PA Official's Auschwitz Visit (why they're called : IslamoNazis)
- Egypt Denies Morsi Sent a Letter to Peres
posted on 08/28/2012 4:35:30 PM PDT
posted on 08/28/2012 4:42:18 PM PDT
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson