Skip to comments.25 Examples Of What America Would Be Like If Everyone Was A Liberal
Posted on 08/28/2012 3:58:57 AM PDT by Kaslin
1) America's credit rating would get so low that it would force President Dennis Kucinich to petition the UN for donations to pay for Social Security, Medicare, and his newly implemented 350 weeks of unemployment plan.
2) There wouldn't be a Pledge of Allegiance said in schools, no one would sing the Star Spangled Banner before any sporting event, and no one would celebrate the 4th of July.
3) Gas would cost $9 a gallon. Liberals would consider this a plus because it would cause more people to get tax credits to buy government subsidized $40,000 electric cars.
4) Seven year olds would be able to vote. Free candy and endorsements from cartoon characters would become a staple of campaigning.
5) The corporate tax rate would be 15 percent higher, most American workers would be unionized and tax rates would soar. As a result, our economy would be stagnant and our unemployment rate would permanently be in the 10-20% range.
6) Prison sentences would be short, crime would be rampant, and the police would be so undermanned and tied down with regulations that they wouldn't even bother to lock people up for committing crimes like burglary..
7) There would be price controls on electricity, gasoline, and most household goods. Of course, there would also be regular shortages of electricity, gasoline, and most household goods.
8) Children would be taught to be androgynous, gender-confused weirdos in school rather than risk exposing them to "gender stereotypes."
9) Conservatism would be considered hate speech that could draw a massive fine or even jail time for repeat offenders.
10) The good news is that housing would be free. The bad news is that it would mostly be in ugly cement buildings with drug addicts, former homeless people, the severely mentally ill, and career criminals peppered all through the complex for the sake of "diversity."
11) Wearing a cross, mentioning the Bible, or advocating Christian beliefs anywhere outside of a church would be illegal because it might "offend people."
12) Meat, 32 ounce sodas, and trans fats would be illegal. Crack, meth, and heroin would be legal.
13) America's military would be so weak we'd have to rely on Mexico and Canada to defend us from potential threats.
14) The Israelis would be driven into the sea, Taiwan would be swallowed by China, and Russia would begin to gobble up the countries that broke free after the Soviet Union fell.
15) Not only would partial birth abortions be legal, but a mother would be allowed to kill her child for three months after hes born without penalty.
16) Stopping sex offenders from teaching school or adopting children would be considered discriminatory.
17) Activists would be able to sue on behalf of individual plants and animals in court.
18) The government would control health care top-to-bottom. It would take six months to get an operation, which would be considered a feature, not a bug because a lot of old people would die in the interim and save the government money.
19) Only government employees would be able to legally own guns.
20) Income inequality would be nearly eradicated after all the rich Americans and big corporations fled the country rather than pay confiscatory tax rates.
21) Wal-Mart would only be allowed to hire union employees and completely coincidentally, their prices would double.
22) We'd have open borders and so many illegal aliens in the southern United States that California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas would end up being ceded back to Mexico.
23) There would be a free, in-house abortion clinic in every junior high in America.
24) President Kucinich's new idea to help deal with the soaring jobless rate? Paying workers the new minimum wage, $80,000 a year, to dig holes and fill them back up.
25) The federal government would spend 134 billion dollars replacing the current Presidents on Mount Rushmore with Gloria Steinem, Harvey Milk, Cesar Chavez, and Margaret Sanger.
Also see, 25 Examples of What America Would Be Like if We Were All Christian Conservative Tea Partiers
The problem with liberalism (other than the usual cockamamie beliefs) is that it leads to leftism. Not all liberals believe in a totalitarian state, but the natural bent of liberalism is to become more and more totalitarian...until you have a truly leftist state. The advocacy of more and more government to “solve” problems inevitably leads to deranged leftists trying to control the free actions of everyone and everything.
Wow! These are actually accurate. If I were to ask my idiot lib nephews about any one single point here they would agree with it. At least partially.
Yep, America’s little Haiti, despair and helplessness.
Let’s not forget that as the dollar craters, Americans would be unable to import spices, coffee, tea, chocolate, scotch whisky, cognac etc.
COME ON MAN!! 45 years x 52 weeks equals 2340 weeks. Shouldn’t people who don’t want to work get at least that amount of unemployment? Where’s your American can-do spirit? /sarc
If America was comprised of all liberals, there would be no sporting events!
Sports are about achieving greatness, working hard, being excellent, separating "great" from mediocre. Liberal sporting events would mandate that anyone who wanted to play, could. Liberal sports would be about "fairness," meaning that everyone would get a medal, a trophy, and any monetary prizes would all be distributed equally, among all the teams, all the players. (Naturally, those prizes would be taxed at upwards of 60% to federal, state, and local governments.) Liberal sports' teams would wear uniforms colored in soft pastels, with lots of padding...nothing to intimidating.
Liberal sports would be the most boring thing in the world, and could never commercially sustain themselves. In short, they would require government subsidies.
The if we were all conservative is not enough. First it says that religions would be accepted throughout society so a manger would be able to be on government land and the Bible taught in school. But then if that is the case the Koran could be taught too. Not good. The other thing is that abortion would be band except cases of rape incest and health of the mother....NO. Ban all abortions!!!!
Actually you have quite a few things wrong here.
So just to sum it up, remember Occupy Wall Street? Everyone was liberal. So what happened? The self appointed leaders started to fall into the shadows, making up their own rules.
Outside that room, drug abuse, crime, public indecency started to present. Donations of food and clothing quickly became rationed as the leaders took control.
Basically what they were left with was Animal Farm, where eventually those leaders would have been sitting in board rooms with Wall Street execs.
Excellent piece, but the author forgot two critical items:
26. All coal plants would be shut down. The landscape across the US would be totally obliterated with windmills and solar plants, ruining every vista. The constant “thrum, thrum” from windmills will drive 10% of the population insane. Energy prices will be so high that only government offices can be heated and cooled. It will be illegal to use air conditioning in your home and you cannot set your thermostat above 63F in winter.
27. The government will track the number of miles you drive with a GPS locator. You will be given an annual allotment of miles you can drive, but you are not allowed to drive more than 100 miles from home.
28. The 5 million nomenklatura class are exempted from #1 to #27.
BTW, whatever hapopened to ALLLLLLLL that aid and tax dollars WE sent to them after their earthquake???
I heard this little storm killed 6 people in that countr alone, and that most people STILL live in squalor and unsanitary conditions...
How long has it been??? Couple of years???
29. Must pay a friend in the party to get a business license. Most new business are solar power concessions. Whites must pay off party member
2x normal rate because of past oppression.
Under Obamacare, I see things becoming Scrooge-like: “If they be like to die, they better do it and decrease the surplus population!”
There would be no America.
Bingo. The descent into a third-world hellhole would be swift. Detroit took less than a decade from a Republican Mayor and being a successful, model city to become the nightmare we know it to be today.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.