Skip to comments.Marine Brandon Raub speaks out following detention
Posted on 08/29/2012 5:47:03 AM PDT by fromscratchmom
Brandon Raub, a decorated marine who was arrested by federal agents and incarcerated in a psych ward for simply posting thoughts and song lyrics to his Facebook page, discusses his ordeal and his thoughts about the state of our freedoms with John Whitehead, Constitutional Attorney and President of The Rutherford Institute.
Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution...
Yeah.... Doesn’t seem nuts to me. I hope he gets a HUGE settlement from the lawsuit.
Thanks for posting this. I’ll pass it on to another local Marine who served with him. They were both Charlie Co., 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, same unit as my son.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (as applied to Veterans)
Diagnostic criteria for 313.81 Oppositional Defiant Disorder
1. A pattern of negativistic, hostile, and defiant behavior lasting at least 6 months, during which four (or more) of the following are present:
(1) often lose temper.
(2) often argues with authority figures.
(3) often actively defies or refuses to comply with authoritative rules, requests or orders.
(4) often deliberately annoys others.
(5) often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior.
(6) is often touchy or easily annoyed by others.
(7) frequently swears or uses obscene language.
(8) has a low or inflated opinion of themselves or others.
(9) are moody and easily frustrated.
(10) may abuse alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
(11) hold grudges for days on end.
(12) are mean and hateful in conversations when upset.
(13) they seek revenge.
(14) often angry and resentful.
(15) often stubborn with their opinions.
(16) they test limits of behavior.
(17) they resist and defy treatment.
Note: Consider a criterion met only if the behavior occurs more frequently than is typically observed in civilians of comparable age. ODD is diagnosed only when criteria are not met for Antisocial Personality Disorder or Conduct Disorder.
In a significant proportion of cases, Oppositional Defiant Disorder is a developmental antecedent to Conduct Disorder.
ODD can also develop into Passive Aggressive Personality Disorder or Antisocial Personality Disorder. With treatment, reasonable social and occupational adjustments can be made.
The disruptive behaviors of individuals with Oppositional Defiant Disorder are of a less severe nature that those of individuals with Conduct Disorder and typically do not yet include aggression toward people or animals, destruction of property, or a pattern of theft or deceit.
Associated features may include low self-esteem (or overly inflated self-esteem), mood ‘lability’ (frequent or intense mood changes or shifts), low frustration tolerance, swearing, and the precocious use of alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs. There are often conflicts with authority figures, strangers or friends.
Oppositional behavior is a common associated feature of Mood Disorders and Psychotic Disorders and should not be diagnosed separately if the symptoms occur exclusively during the course of a Mood or Psychotic Disorder.
ODD only requires 4 of those 17 symptoms. The President and his cabinet show 17 of 17. Is it time for forcible removal to a mental institution?
Nope. This only applies to veterans. And then, only those who oppose the current government by thought or word.
Obama scores 17 of 17! And that SOB is sadly commander-in-chief!
I hope Raub gets $10 million and never has to work another day of his life.