Skip to comments.New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO
Posted on 09/04/2012 9:35:28 AM PDT by smoothsailing
A New York Times front page story today New York Times! might have killed President Obamas re-election hopes.
The story is called The Competitor in Chief Obama Plays To Win, In Politics and Everything Else. It is devastating.
With such a title, and from such a friendly organ, at first I thought Jodi Kantors piece would be a collection of Obamas greatest political wins: His rapid rise in Illinois, his win over Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic primaries, the passage of health care, and so on.
But the NYT piece is not about any of that. Rather, it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obamas executive leadership:
1. How he vastly overrates his capabilities:
But even those loyal to Mr. Obama say that his quest for excellence can bleed into cockiness and that he tends to overestimate his capabilities. The cloistered nature of the White House amplifies those tendencies, said Matthew Dowd, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, adding that the same thing happened to his former boss. Theres a reinforcing quality, he said, a tendency for presidents to think, Im the best at this.
2. How he spends extraordinary amounts of time and energy to compete in trivialities.
For someone dealing with the worlds weightiest matters, Mr. Obama spends surprising energy perfecting even less consequential pursuits. He has played golf 104 times since becoming president, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, who monitors his outings.....
(Excerpt) Read more at forbes.com ...
I think the NYT regards this as a puff piece. I think they think all his personality traits are good.
I read it yesterday and it was pretty damning......I was shocked.
And so are the editors at the NYT.
That's why they don't see a downside to these observations.
I was surprised by it. Not sure what the NYT is up to.
See... when they start feeling the emptiness in their pocket, they will say JUST ABOUT ANYTHING to sell more laundry detergent.
Trying to get out of the red. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
While he may be a pompous ass, typical narcissist, cocky, arrogant, out-of-touch-with-REAL-America and any other derogatory slights that I could add, I think that he knows exactly what he is doing...purposefully destroying the USA.
The fact that people have told him all of these things and yet he still continues without shame is what convinces me.
Media: Obama is egotistical, selfish, dull
Washington Post, HuffPo, the Wall Street Journal were the others launching coordinated attacks. Very interesting.
It is amazing, if the polls are correct, that a majority of the people find Obama likeable. I dislike arrogance and Obama’s arrogance is like a neon sign.
I think it means that a majority of people are unwilling to tell a pollster that they dislike the first black president.
Mulligan Man! :)
There has been academic studies of incompetents and it turns out one trait of incompetents is how they vastly overstate their capabilities. They think they are better than they are.
Both Obama and biden share these traits.
Someone on the Forbes site, as a contrast, posted the Romney resume. Stunning!
Youre arguing mere semantics. The Presidents job title may not say CEO but he needs to lead LIKE a CEO needs to lead (the emphasis being on leadership and NOT on the specific duties). Now, rebut this, please .27 qualifications Romney has to lead America back to greatness and prosperity. Verify it yourself from multiple, independent sources like I did.
- Graduated with University Honors from BYU (also known as Highest Honors, their most prestigious from of recognition, somewhat equivalent to valedictorian) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English; hes not just a numbers guy
- Masters degree in Business (Harvard, a Bakers scholar: top 5% of business students)
- Masters degree in Law (Harvard, graduated Cum Laude / with Honors, top 1/3)
- Earned both masters degrees (business AND law) at Harvard University simultaneously (Could you do that? I couldnt.)
- Enormously successful in private business and now worth between $200 and $250 million (compare this to Obama and many of Obamas closest advisers who have never had to turn a profit or go hungry, and, no, dont whine about workers Romney let go when taking over a company while at Bain Capital because youd be forgetting to look at: A) the fact that Bain was INVITED by the companies to have Bain invest in them; there were no hostile takeovers by Bain Capital and B) the workers jobs Romney saved by saving a dying company and C) the jobs he created after those struggling companies were turned around and started to grow again)
- Gave away his inheritance in 1998 to start / help fund the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management at BYU (his father, George Romney, died in 1995)
- As head of the 2002 Winter Olympics (Salt Lake City) turned a potential loss (-$379M shortfall) into one of the few profit-earning Olympic games (+$100M profit)
- Donated his entire Olympics salary and severance package ($1.4M) to charity
- Put aside partisanship prejudices/trash-talk by successfully campaigning/winning the governors seat (2003 2007) as a Republican in a heavily Democrat-controlled state LONG before Scott Brown
- While governor of Massachusetts, at HIS request, served the people of MA at the salary of $1/year (thats right, ONE DOLLAR)
- Previous executive leadership experience as a state governor, including Massachusetts Commander In Chief of state military forces (Yes, a state governor is legally the Commander In Chief of that states National Guard forces unless those troops are called to active-duty by the President)
- Turned Massachusetts budget from red to black while governor (- $3.0B to +$2.16B; thats billion with a B)
- Cut taxes 19 times as Massachusetts governor (thats not a typo, NINETEEN)
- As MA governor, developed a plan that would make deadbeats pay for their own health care (you may not like the MA health care law but thats what its sole purpose was. Still dont like it because of the mandate? Dont move to MA.) (BTW, how would YOU have solved the MA healthcare free-loader problem and how would you have done it with an overwhelmingly Democrat-controlled state legislature like Romney had to work with?)
- Service over self. Romney endorsed McCain only 2 days after Super Tuesday in 2008 when it became obvious McCain was the clear front-runner; America is more important to him than his ego
- Volunteer service to community as a church head pastor for 13 years all with ZERO pay (thats right, none); 5 years as a bishop and 8 years as a stake president
- Would give ALL his Presidential salary ($1.6 million total) back to the American taxpayers if elected (yes, hes on record as committing to this)
- Voluntarily turned down enrolling in Medicare when he turned 65 on March 12, 2012
(in other words, hes NOT sucking up our precious tax dollars because he knows he can, and therefore should, take care of himself)
- He also chose to NOT receive any Social Security payments upon turning 65 because, again, he knows he can take care of himself and therefore should not rely on our tax dollars to help fund his daily living
- Looks, talks and acts Presidential
- Understands commitment (never divorced, in a loving 43 year marriage)
- Understands morality (never had an affair)
- Understands family (5 kids, all successful adults)
- Willing to let all of America see his birth certificate without a fight
- Released his most recent filed tax records (2010) proving hes not a tax cheat (the IRS has no problem with his filed taxes), with more tax records (2011) promised to be released before the election
- Hes pledged (repeatedly) that hell repeal Obamacare.
- And finally ..hes N-O-T Obama
Not sure what the NYT is up to.
They’re trying anything to sell papers. Print media is going down big time. Check out the trade magazines. Same thing. NYT is yesterday’s fishwrap.
Interesting- I think 0’s Vichy media is getting nervous and laying a little cover for a face-saving transition to a new president. I hope.
"But I liiiike Obaaaaammaaaa .....he's so niiiiiice...." </female whine>
That's our problem right there. Repeal that damned amendment and our troubles go away.
Saw Barky jogging down the Air Force One steps on this morning's news again ..... his little flirt-with-the-girls light-and-spry ready-to-serve-you shtick. Someone called my attention to it, and now when I see it, or his "pimp limp", I get annoyed.
Perhaps they are starting to worry about his drag on the entire Democrat ticket.