Skip to comments.DNC Rejects Christian Gift Baskets
Posted on 09/05/2012 4:51:25 PM PDT by onlylewis
The Democratic National Committee banned dozens of Charlotte churches from distributing gift baskets to delegates because the congregations hold values that are contrary to the party platform, according to local religious leaders.
They told us our views on womens rights are contrary to the Democratic party platform, said David Benham, the lead organizer of the Charlotte714 religious movement.
Charlotte714 is a group of more than 100 churches across the region that mobilized to pray for the Democratic National Convention. More than 9,000 people gathered last Sunday for a time of worship and prayer in advance of the convention.
(Excerpt) Read more at radio.foxnews.com ...
Why are they surprised?
Keeping in line with democraptic values vice those of hateful yadayadayada Christians.
God bless them for making the effort. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
The democrats live for the world and for party. We live to attain Heaven and eternal life with the Lord. We have the better deal.
I’m happy to hear this. It’s disappointing that the democrats hate Christianity, but I already knew that. It’s a relief to hear that the far left fringe is no longer hiding their bigotry. With about 75% to 78% of the country Christian, this slight on American values is going to help at least a little in November.
I wonder if the Christian leader Rick Joyner was among them.
it was plain the dems are the party of anti gods and israel..they really won the vote but bosses took it away fromt them.
so much for a big tent.
They want you shut down if you do not agree with them
Kudos for this post.
When God returns, He won’t be bringing gift baskets...He’ll come with a sword.
I don’t think God likes wimps.
That's the issue, right there. The DNC's rejection has nothing to do with religious doctrines. They just want to make sure that all states are treated equal. With only 56 churches, obviously one state will not be adopted.
LOL made my day.
If that’s the Democrats position, they don’t deserve any Christian charity.
Yet in doing such,:
“For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.” (Proverbs 25:22)
The recipients have heard the testimony, and it is their choice.
Salvation or damnation.
In their hatred and hardness of hearts, at this time they choose the latter.
Maybe they should have billed the program as “Baskets from Beelzebub”?
This can’t be bad for Republicans. Hey Dem’s, toss all the Christians over here! They are only 80% of the US population. You “smart” and “rational” people can keep the other 20%. :)
Thanks for the ping. The RATs are more and more openly anti-Christian.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.