Skip to comments.A Godless Party Expels the Creator
Posted on 09/07/2012 1:53:15 PM PDT by Kaslin
The authors of the Democratic platform have inadvertently revealed to the world the sea change that has taken place in that party we once knew.
For the first time -- and in the longest Democratic platform in history, 26,000 words -- there was not a single mention of God, the Creator, whom Thomas Jefferson himself, father of the party, proclaimed to be the author of our right to life and liberty.
The convention had approved the new platform, but when a firestorm erupted, a panicked Barack Obama hastily ordered "God" reinstated.
But when the amendment was offered to the convention by its chairman, Antonio Villaraigosa, the idea of restoring the name of God to the platform was hooted, jeered and booed by half the delegates on the floor, who three times howled, "No!"
The omission of God is being called an oversight. But the viral reaction to returning God, even when Obama asked that it be done, testifies that this was no accident. God was deleted deliberately.
This process has been under way for a decade. In the 2004 platform, there were seven references to God. In 2008, one.
Like the European Union, whose Christian heritage is being excised from official documents by its secularist elite, the country led by the Democratic Party of Obama is being de-Christianized.
Still, why would Democrats do something so seemingly stupid, something that will inevitably cause a backlash among believers?
Answer: Millions of Democrats are themselves offended when God is included, because for them, the God of the Old and New testaments is an impediment to the progressive march of mankind.
A year ago, in writing "Suicide of a Superpower," I discovered that the number of self-identified Christians had fallen from 85 percent of the U.S. population in 1990 to 75 percent last year and that 1 in 6 Americans now disbelieve in God.
Of Americans younger than 30, 1 in 4 profess no faith. Among Democrats, the figures are surely higher.
Which brings us to the quandary faced by the platform writers.
Why include in a statement of party beliefs a reference to God when a huge slice of that party would be deeply offended because such a reference would be the party's formal declaration that their atheist or agnostic beliefs are wrong.
Some atheists place a belief in God or Christ as the Son of God on a par with believing in Santa Claus. Others regard religion and especially fundamentalist faith as an often-destructive force because of what they believe it has produced over the centuries -- intolerance, inquisitions, massacres, martyrdoms, religious wars.
Among the evils a deep belief in the God of the Torah and New Testament has produced, they argue, is the systematic persecution of homosexuals. Thus, the Democratic platform declares:
"We support marriage equality and support the movement to secure equal treatment under law for same-sex couples," while the Republican platform calls for a "Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman."
The Republican platform is clearly rooted in traditional Christian beliefs that marriage is strictly between a man and a woman and that homosexual acts are unnatural and immoral and ruinous to body and soul.
Yet, as the man from Chick-fil-A discovered when he asserted those biblically based beliefs about homosexual marriage, that opinion comes close to being a hate crime in the new dispensation.
To the God-fearing and God-loving, this campaign to redefine marriage to include homosexual unions is out of a George Orwell novel. But to gay rights champions, opposition to homosexuals' right to marry and adopt is the mark of the homophobe, the hater, the bigot.
There is no common ground.
But if the party platforms are irreconcilable on homosexual marriage, that is equally true of their positions on life.
Here is the Democratic platform:
"The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. We oppose any and all efforts to weaken that right. ...
"There is no place for ... government to get in the way."
Under this plank, the father has no rights whatsoever and no role in deciding whether his unborn child lives or dies. There are no parental rights. Society cannot interfere in any way with a woman's decision to terminate her unborn child's life at any point in her pregnancy.
This is a Democratic declaration of support for partial-birth abortion in the eighth and ninth month of pregnancy should a woman so decide, with the rest of us forced to pay for that abortion.
This is a form of feminist fanaticism heretofore unseen in this republic.
No platform celebrating homosexual marriage and backing a woman's right to abort her child at any time in her pregnancy can be credibly adopted by a party that also purports to revere the God of our Founding Fathers.
In truth, this Democratic Party was a godless institution long before its platform writers declared it to be so.
The howlers had it right. God doesn't belong in that platform.
Matthew 7:15.... “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves”.
Now whereEVER did they get a silly idea like THAT???
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
There’s also systematic persecution of liars, theives, murderers and adulterers.
The Dems SHOULD have put THAT in their 'platform'!!
the God of the Old and New testaments is an impediment to the progressive march of mankind.
...Why is this a supprise?
The Marxists,God Haters,and Sodomites..Have taken over the Party...
Thank You You stupid Democrat Voters.....
The God of the Bible is an obstacle because they want to elevate themselves to be gods. The same happened in the early Soviet Union. The worship of Jesus was suppressed, but one could - and should, and had to - worship the new Communist gods, such as Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin... The new religion of Communism had all the attributes of a religion; it had priests, rituals, sacred hymns, icons and busts of their gods, and it even had a mummy of their own saint in Mausoleum. Blasphemy (like advocating capitalism) was a serious crime.
“But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven”
True indeed. But Pat’s got it right. There’s just enough morality left in the rat party to allow them to realize that God can’t—logically, physically—be part of its platform. As WFB said a long time ago, “why does bologna reject the grinder?”
I still have a Pat Buchanan for President yard sign from his last primary run...I may just need to bring it out from retirement.