Skip to comments.The DNC in Five Numbers
Posted on 09/07/2012 6:45:55 PM PDT by Kaslin
Now that the Democratic National Convention is in the rearview mirror, let's evaluate it by the numbers. I believe the conference can be summed up in five:
(1) 16,000,000,000,000 - Just as the DNC was scheduled to kick off on Tuesday, the national debt clock clicked over to the staggering and dangerous sum of $16 Trillion. More than $5 Trillion of that total has accrued under President Obama, and a top administration official has testified that the White House has no plan to restore the national debt to a position of sustainability.
(2) 46,700,000 - The Department of Agriculture released a report on Wednesday stating that the number of Americans dependent on government food stamps climbed to a record-breaking 46.7 million this summer.
(3) Three - US manufacturing shrank at the fastest clip in more than three years, according a study released on Tuesday. President Obama touted manufacturing jobs and growth in his acceptance speech on Thursday. Three is also the number of times thousands of DNC delegates objected to the re-inclusion of God and Jerusalem during contentious and embarrassing party platform voice votes:
(4) Zero - The number of times the president mentioned the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act ("the stimulus") in his primetime acceptance address on Thursday night. These are his signature legislative accomplishments, yet he decided they didn't merit any attention.
(5) 368,000 - The number of discouraged workers who gave up on seeking jobs and simply dropped out of the labor force in August. This figure is nearly four times the number of jobs created over the same period.
The Democratic National Convention opened with $16 Trillion in debt and closed with a dismal jobs report. Everything in between those harrowing bookends was just noise.
I know what youre thinking. Did he spend Six Trillion or only five?
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the 44th pResident, the most powerful position in the world, and would tax your white @ss clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky again?
Well, do ya, America?
“I don’t gots to know.”
I think (4) Zero is the most significant. He has nothing to run on, only things to run away from. Story of his life.
If he had done anything, anything at all, to be proud of, you can bet he’d be talking it up non-stop. They wouldn’t be able to shut him up. But zilch.
They don’t call him Zippy for nothing. ... well, I guess they actually do.
Did you make that up? That was funny.
He also didn’t talk about this Nobel Peace Prize.
“(4) Zero - The number of times the president mentioned the Affordable Care Act (”Obamacare”) or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (”the stimulus”) in his primetime acceptance address on Thursday night. These are his signature legislative accomplishments, yet he decided they didn’t merit any attention.”
That was undoubtedly just modesty about his greatness.
ROFLMAO! Very funny. Empty chair BUMP!
Socialism Is Legal Plunder - “The Law” - Frederic Bastiat 1801-1850
DEFUND socialist collectives, foreign and domestic.
DEPOPULATE socialists from the body politic.
live - free - republic