Skip to comments.White House Got Some Say Over Journalistís Obama Story
Posted on 09/11/2012 11:04:00 AM PDT by NowApproachingMidnight
click here to read article
If none of the above, having such a b*ll-less wonder as CinC is chilling. And not in a Chris Matthews way,
Sorta like Bush saying “This job is hard —hard etc “ at the 2004 debates
I think “crying like a little girl” would be most accurate.
In all fairness, over 2 centuries, the hyperactive egotists that we have made president have kept assuming powers and doing stuff they were never intended to do. It’s a cumulative mess that nobody can be expected to do.
Bottom line: the presidency needs to be streamlined.
Here are some easy things for the POTUS to do that will make the job more reasonable and more efficient.
1) Get rid of the in-person dog & pony show known as the State of the Union Address, which wastes a hundred million dollars and a month of federal government time to put on a silly show. For many years the State of the Union was given in writing, and read to congress by their designated reader, with copies to every congressman and senator. It should go back to this.
2) There should no longer be a “president’s budget”, submitted to and rejected by congress. Not his job. Instead each cabinet agency should submit their budget requests to the appropriate house and senate committees.
3) Eliminate all “Czars”, and require that all presidential actions except WH operations must be done through US senate approved cabinet officers, who will be fully responsible for presidential directives.
Encourage congress to impeach and remove cabinet officers who foul up. Congress can do this, but has only done it once. They should do it a lot more.
4) Create a permanent position of someone to represent the president at all social functions. The POTUS should never leave the US, sending their Secretary of State. They should not throw out balls at sporting events or greet visitors to the WH. They should not give out any but the very highest awards and citations, nor should they attend parties, gatherings, etc. Nor visit disaster areas.
There are a few exceptions to this rule. But they must be few.
5) Strictly limit paperwork that must be approved by the POTUS. It is inane to expect the POTUS to read and sign 300 pages of unrelated business and silliness every day.
The list really goes on and on, because there are more than 200 years of add-ons, many of which need to be eliminated.
Tom Selleck is on Blue Bloods. He’s a man that can still get my heart racing!
A tourist walked into a Chinese curio shop in San Francisco. While looking around at the exotic merchandise, he noticed a very lifelike, life-sized, bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but was so incredibly striking the tourist decided he must have it. He took it to the old shop owner and asked, "How much for the bronze rat?"
"Ahhh, you have chosen wisely! It is $12 for the rat and $100 for the story," said the wise old Chinaman.
The tourist quickly pulled out twelve dollars. "I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story".
As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, the tourist noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and had begun following him down the street. This was a bit disconcerting so he began walking faster.
A couple blocks later he looked behind him and saw to his horror the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.
Sweating now, the tourist began to trot toward San Francisco Bay.
Again, after a couple blocks, he looked around only to discover that the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS, and were squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.
Terrified, he ran to the edge of the Bay and threw the bronze rat as far as he could into the Bay.
Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after the bronze rat and were all drowned.
The man walked back to the curio shop in Chinatown.
"Ahhh," said the owner, "You come back for story?"
"No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat."
Poor 0h0m0 never wanted to run for reelection! By orders of Soros, Jarrett made sure that the l’il boy runs!
Poor 0bz0! No, the poor 50% of our “fellow Americans” who voted 0kaka in!