Skip to comments.Hard Truths for Hispanic and African-American Voters
Posted on 09/15/2012 5:21:40 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
"The largest and fastest-growing minority group in the United States last year remained Hispanics at 52 million, or nearly 17 percent of the nation's population. The Black population was 43.9 million."
As the current largest minority voting bloc in America, it would behoove Hispanics to examine the facts of how African-Americans, the former largest minority voting bloc, are currently doing economically and socially after such a long history of support for the Democratic Party. African-Americans have been major supporters of the Democratic Party since 1964, when the Civil Rights Act was passed under Democrat President Lyndon Johnson. For almost six decades, the Democratic Party has averaged receiving an astounding 88 percent of the African-American vote. That's an enormous investment by African-Americans in the Democratic Party.
The information needed to assess the return on that investment can be easily found on the internet in research reports and economic data published by both independent sources and the federal government. Because of the importance of this information, this article cites all of its sources and also provides web-links to verify other pertinent data (see link to fact sheet below). Here is a list of current economic and social data for African-Americans.
* African-Americans aged 18-34 have the lowest employment rate (54%) since the government started tracking in 1948.
* African-American youth unemployment is 39.3% (ages 16-19) and is nearly double the 20.9% unemployment rate for whites in the same age demographic.
* Total African-American unemployment is 14.1%, while overall national unemployment now stands at 8.1%.
* 2.5 million African-Americans are currently looking for work but can't find a job.
* "African-Americans make up a disproportionately large share of the unemployed and long-term unemployed. They account for roughly 19% of the total unemployed population, 23% of those unemployed for more than six months,
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
Truth be known, the hispanics have a great family and work ethic which is sadly lacking in the black community. After all the years of getting government handouts is it any wonder the blacks are what they have become? Hopefully, the hispanics will hold onto their values. How many blacks do you see risking life and limb to get into this country just to find a job and feed their families? ‘Nough said.
After all it's poor single parent women who are dem's main voting base. The children of those women tend toward unemployment and criminal acts - more ways to keep the group dependent, angry and broken. Poor single parent women vote democrat in the highest percentage. Women with husbands and children don't... beware the incentives...
“Truth be known, the hispanics have a great family and work ethic which is sadly lacking in the black community.”
The same could be said of blacks before the welfare commies brainwashed them.