Skip to comments.Teacher At Community College Makes Class Sign “Vote For Obama” Pledge
Posted on 09/16/2012 7:20:03 AM PDT by seekthetruth
A citizen, whose nephew attends Brevard Community College, reports that he brought home the below bookmark pledging to vote for President Obama. The bookmark and pledge was handed out during a mathematics class taught by Assistant Professor Sharon Sweet. This occurred while the student was in class at the request of his College Algebra teacher, Sharon Sweet, from Brevard Community College in [Melbourne] Florida.
(Excerpt) Read more at watchdogwire.com ...
I would have told that professor to go to Hell and then dared him to do something about it....after I mentioned ‘lawyer’ somewhere in that ‘something’. =.=
LIVE IN BROWARD or know anyone who does?
Time to make calls to the Broward Community College board of directors!! Will be looking for contacts! Please spread the word!
Is the teacher Amish ?
best response if you run into someone like this...
a very loud belly laugh
If you are taking an Algebra Class , you are doing so to complete your degree requirements (core courses).
That is no time to get into a political discussion in a non-political, academic subject. I beleive that the Academic Dean could consider this a form of academic coercion.
Allen West should hear about this STAT.
sten~ respond with “ a very loud belly laugh”.
Excellent response !!
He should hold a press conference at the school or, if they won’t let him on the grounds, on property in front of the school.
So when does this guy get fired? Uh not.
It said BREVARD....NOT Broward...btw
I would so much like to be in this class! “Ma’am? Can we do an amortization of the national debt?”
Here is her email.... firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep a record of her trespasses for Obama....This would be an automatic vote for the opposition in my book. Say nothing now but after you have finished her class turn her in to what ever board would rule on her right to use her class as a political platform. Fire the woman....
I got a better idea for November..
Void the bowels of Washington this November!
Typical communist bull****. I would have told the ho to KMA.
"110.233 Political activities and unlawful acts prohibited. (1) No person shall be appointed to, demoted, or dismissed from any position in the career service, or in any way favored or discriminated against with respect to employment in the career service, because of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, religious creed, or political opinion or affiliation.
(2) No person shall use or promise to use, directly or indirectly, any official authority or influence, whether possessed or anticipated, to secure or attempt to secure for any person an appointment or advantage in appointment to a position in the career service, or an increase in pay or other advantage in employment in any such position, for the purpose of influencing the vote or political action of any person or for any consideration; however, letters of inquiry, recommendations, and references by public employees or public officials shall not be considered political pressure unless any such letter contains a threat, intimidation, or irrelevant, derogatory, or false information. For the purposes of this section, the term political pressure, in addition to any appropriate meaning which may be ascribed thereto by lawful authority, includes the use of official authority or influence in any manner prohibited by this chapter.
(3) No person shall, directly or indirectly, give, render, pay, offer, solicit, or accept any money, service, or other valuable consideration for or on account of any appointment, proposed appointment, promotion or proposed promotion to, or any advantage in, a position in the career service. The provisions of this subsection do not apply to a private employment agency licensed pursuant to the provisions of 1chapter 449 when the services of such private employment agency are requested by a state agency, board, department, or commission and neither the state nor any political subdivision pays the private employment agency for such services.
(4) As an individual, each employee retains all rights and obligations of citizenship provided in the Constitution and laws of the state and the Constitution and laws of the United States. However, no employee in the career service shall:
(a) Hold, or be a candidate for, public office while in the employment of the state or take any active part in a political campaign while on duty or within any period of time during which the employee is expected to perform services for which he or she receives compensation from the state. However, when authorized by his or her agency head and approved by the department as involving no interest which conflicts or activity which interferes with his or her state employment, an employee in the career service may be a candidate for or hold local public office. The department shall prepare and make available to all affected personnel who make such request a definite set of rules and procedures consistent with the provisions herein.
(b) Use the authority of his or her position to secure support for, or oppose, any candidate, party, or issue in a partisan election or affect the results thereof.
(5) No state employee or official shall use any promise of reward or threat of loss to encourage or coerce any employee to support or contribute to any political issue, candidate, or party.
(6) The department shall adopt by rule procedures for Career Service System employees that require disclosure to the agency head of any application for or offer of employment, gift, contractual relationship, or financial interest with any individual, partnership, association, corporation, utility, or other organization, whether public or private, doing business with or subject to regulation by the agency.
It’s things like this that make me glad I’ve already graduated.
Although this took place in Brevard County, I would not doubt that it happens in Broward as well.
REMEMBER to be polite and calm.
(Your message will be effective if you're not perceived as a raving lunatic.)
Please contact BCC asap and let them know this will not be tolerated!
The BCC Call Center is the place to call for general information about everything from admissions to graduation.
Call Center Hours are Monday through Thursday: 7:30 AM to 7 PM. We are closed Friday through Sunday.
Call Center: 321-632-1111, Option 0
NP. Just wanted to make sure the correct campus feels the wrath!
A promise to vote Obama a place in hell.
Are you so sexist that even if a math professor is named Sharon, it must be a man?
Assistant Professor, Math
Office: Melbourne, 007-317
How do you post twitter feeds like that?
Sounds like me in the Humanities class, Social Science class, and Physcology Class. Had my name passed around, as in "watch out". As long as the professor stand on track with the syllabus I didn't have a problem with it. Stray off into current politics and I'd nail their liberal hide to the wall. I had the Social Science professor threaten me with a Fail. Never saw anyone back pedal so fast when she got summoned into the department heads office the next morning with me (and two witnesses).
These people need to be taken down quickly, and you do it through the department head, the campus administration, the college chancellor, or the board of regents. Witnesses are invaluable to prevent the "you misunderstood me", or the "I didn't say that", which is what was attempted on me.
I used Paint application (program in computer) for screenshot and just linked it to the tweet.
It is certainly outrageous.
But fortunately we still have secret ballots.
I thought it was BREVARD, not BROWARD...
Never mind Allen West! West is Broward.
That deserves its own thread. Outrageous.
Actually, I used to love classes run by these idiots. We had some fine arguments. ;)
BULLPUCKEY! This is the EXACT RIGHT TIME to take that to the Academic Dean and COMPLAIN LOUDLY about how their tuition fees are being WASTED by this so-called "Professor."
I've posted on this before on this forum what my experience was with a "Professor" while I was completing Graduate School. One of my "capstone" courses (which is just another class one has to take to get milked out of more money before being allowed to graduate) was taught by a FLAMING LIBERAL Professor.
My first class with this FLAMING LIBERAL Professor was the very day Scooter Libby was indicted. This FLAMING LIBERAL Professor started off the first day of this class flitting around the room talking about how happy he was that Libby was indicted declaring "finally, we'll get rid of that illegally appointed Bush!"
At first, I tolerated the behavior thinking "what can I do? I need this class to graduate." Then I got pissed off some FLAMING LIBERAL Professor would waste the $3,600 I paid for that class by espousing his political views on us - essentially a captive audience.
Then I stood up, and said "Excuse me Professor" .... he looked dumbfounded that he actually got interrupted.
I went on to say that I really didn't give a shit (Yes, I used that word) about his political views, I was there to take my final class so I could graduate (Summa Cum Laude) and get on with my life. I told him I didn't appreciate him wasting my heard earned tuition dollars spewing his liberal political views since I had to pay for all my classes out of my own pocket. Then I sat down. "Class" began a few minutes later after the FLAMING LIBERAL Professor, noticeably flustered by what I did composed himself.
After class, I made an appointment to see the Dean of the College and informed her what had happened. As she and I were on a first name basis by that point, I wasn't intimidated by her, nor did I care what her political views were. My point to her was simple: This professor abused his position over the class, and wasted my time and money in the process. As I was a 4.0 student through Grad School, I also informed her that while I fully intended to earn a perfect grade in the class, I would vehemently protest any attempts by the FLAMING LIBERAL Professor to "mark me down" or attempt another such political discussion in the class.
When the conversation finished, she told me she perfectly understood my point, and fully expected that I would conduct myself as I stated should an incident occur.
By the next class, the Professor's behavior had completely changed. I'm sure he had a chat with his FEMALE superior and was told to knock it off. Given my physical stature, I'm also pretty sure he knew who the alpha male was in the room and thought better of displaying his stupidity again.
On a side note: I went to evening classes to achieve my Executive MBA. We were all adults, typically 35 or older in the class. I was 44 at the time. There was not one single classmate who didn't come up to me and say THANK YOU for shutting down the stupid FLAMING LIBERAL Professor. Yes, I received a full 4.0 in the class and graduated with honors.
MORAL TO THE STORY: CONFRONT AND CORRECT LIBERAL STUPIDITY in the Educational System. I did. The rest of you should too.
And she's TEACHING math? A community college hires somebody like that to TEACH math? Sounds like an Dem campaign worker was given a cushy patronage job.
I lost any patience I had for idiots long ago, especially when said idiot is supposed to be helping me learn how to deal with the real world.
I was yonger then. Now I am like you, blow them off. You will never change their minds anyway.
My Daughter attended BCC when we were stationed there ‘03-’06.
I attend classes now at Charleston Southern University completing my History degree. There is no way in hell that I would ever let this slide.
But that’s because of my life experience and maturity. Most students are more interested in being on Professor’s good side knowing that it will effect their grade.
Teaching college algebra?
Thanks for the ping. I have two kids going to that college. I will call and email asking for her employment to be terminated.