Skip to comments.No demonstration before attack on US Consulate, source says
Posted on 09/17/2012 10:16:22 AM PDT by GeorgeWashingtonsGhost
An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week's attack -- challenging the Obama administration's claims that the assault grew out of a "spontaneous" protest against an anti-Islam film.
The intelligence source said no protests were happening before the attackers struck at about 9:35 p.m. local time last Tuesday. The account backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.
"There wasn't a single ant outside," the unnamed guard, who was being treated in a hospital, said in the interview.
These details appear to conflict with accounts from the Obama administration that the attack spawned from an out-of-control protest. The Libyan president also said Sunday that the strike was planned in advance
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/17/obama-administration-libyan-president-clash-over-explanation-on-consulate/#ixzz26kRlhH5s
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
No- there were a LOT more than that- they were rescued and taken to the “safe house” where they ALSO came under ORGANIZED and SUSTAINED attack...it was COORDINATED.
The reporting in the first 48 hours was MUCH more forthcoming and accurate than the crap we’re being handed now.
This story has gone into SERIOUS lockdown on ALL media sources except overseas. It’s TERRIFYING because the CITIZENS are not being told the facts that are known. They are being DELIBERATELY misled, deceived and flat-out lied to.
Libyan Attacks Said to Be 2-Part Militant Assault
The attack that killed four Americans in Libya, including the U.S. ambassador, was an organized two-part operation by heavily armed militants that included a precisely timed raid on a supposedly secret safe house just as Libyan and U.S. security forces were arriving to rescue evacuated consulate staff, a senior Libyan security official said on Thursday.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and another American were killed in the consulate during the initial violence, as plainclothes Libyan security were evacuating the consulate's staff to the safe house about a mile away, el-Sharef said. The second assault took place several hours later and targeted the safe house a villa inside the grounds of the city's equestrian club killing two Americans and wounding a number of Libyans and Americans.
The crowd built at the consulate a one-story villa surrounded by a large garden in an upscale Benghazi neighborhood in several stages, he said. First, a small group of gunmen arrived, then a crowd of civilians angry over the film. Later, heavily armed men with armored vehicles, some with rocket-propelled grenades, joined, swelling the numbers to more than 200. (yeah, right, angry over the film. pure conjecture)
U.S. officials have said attackers broke into the main consulate building at around 10:15 p.m. and set the compound on fire. Amid the evacuation, Stevens became separated from others, and staffers and security that tried to find him were forced to flee by flames, smoke and gunfire. After an hour, according to U.S. officials, U.S. and Libyan officials drove the attackers from the consulate.
The next attack came hours later. Around 30 American staffers along with Libyans had been evacuated to the safe house while a plane arrived from Tripoli with a joint U.S.-Libyan security group that was to fly them back to the capital, el-Sharef said.
Thank you. That’s one of them- and there were others too- and a lot of them were from Other Than American Media (OTAM) my new nickname for somewhat reliable news.(as opposed to UNreliable).
Some were posted here as threads- others buried in the threads. I won’t have time tonight but I’m going to try and look through some of those threads to see what we knew in the BEGINNING before the Orwell/Obama police scrubbed the story.
There was one by WaPo published on 9-12 that had even more detail about how organized the attack was but the article also had a good deal of propaganda in it that has since been debunked.
This story keeps changing. Now there was no protest just prior to the attack?
You are correct - we are being lied to.
That is why, like a strong burst of Glade, they are currently spraying about stories of Zero "getting tough" on China.
Right- I know there was a lot of nonsense in some of those pieces too- but some of them were solid reporting.
Mmmmm. That source just lost their job for leaking important government secrets.
I may have been wrong about when it was published. I can't find a date on it at all.