Skip to comments.The 25 Most Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama
Posted on 09/18/2012 4:14:38 AM PDT by Kaslin
25) "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -- Barack Obama
24) "I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions." -- Barack Obama
23) "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." -- Barack Obama
22) "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling conventions. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.
But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names." -- Barack Obama
21) "I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturers lobby." -- Barack Obama
20) "Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn't been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. ...You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection." -- Barack Obama
19) "...I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment -- this was the time -- when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals." -- Barack Obama
18) "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen." -- Barack Obama
17) "I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations." -- Barack Obama
16) "Its very rare that I come to an event where Im like the fifth- or sixth-most interesting person." -- Barack Obama
15) "The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and thats just a fact." President Obama on Gates arrest.
14) "But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking." -- Barack Obama
13) "If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, Were gonna punish our enemies and were gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they dont see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think its gonna be harder and thats why I think its so important that people focus on voting on November 2." -- Barack Obama
12) "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." -- Barack Obama
11) "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." -- Barack Obama
10) "The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln." -- Barack Obama
9) "I dont believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history." -- Barack Obama
8) "The private sector is doing fine." -- Barack Obama
7) "That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn." -- Barack Obama
6) "It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!" -- Barack Obama quotes Rev. Wright
5) "You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a (flag) pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest..." -- Barack Obama
4) "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youve got a business you didnt build that. Somebody else made that happen." -- Barack Obama
3) "I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe." -- Barack Obama
2) "...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." -- Barack Obama
1) "You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -- Barack Obama
you know.... thats racist.
I think everyone should read this. It makes for a good laxative.
Gotta go now...gotta take care of that laxative problem.
It all sounds just like Obamas version of mein kampf
There is enough immovable and uninformed bias, selfish stupidity and mindlessly blind rage in there to choke the whole stable.
Seriously, if “O” was an ordinary Joe on the street or someone other than the President you’d listen to this stuff and think he was ready for a giggle-jacket!!
Took my blood pressure readings before and after.
Almost blew up that sphygmomanometer!
"One of the proudest things of my three years in office is helping to restore a sense of respect for America around the world"
-Barack Obama, February 2012-
"But I want to be very clear, if the message was not effectively delivered by the three previous speakers: We cannot, and will not, sustain deficits like these without end."
-Barack Obama, 23 Feb 2009-
I am thankful for FR...!
Thanks for posting this.
June 13, 2008: He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. Theyre going to try to scare people. Theyre going to try to say that that Obama is a scary guy, he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented Dont give in!
I wont but that sounded pretty scary. Youre a tough guy, Obama said.
If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun, Obama said. Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. Ive seen Eagles fans.
How did he limit himself to only twenty-five?
How this list was kept to only 25 is a certified miracle.
Too good to miss self ping
Obnoxious Quotes From Barack Obama,all of them.
I didn’t see the one to Joe the Plumber, “I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”
Watch it bud. We try to keep this a family-friendly site.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.