Skip to comments.Sen. Kerry Introduces Bill to Protect Americans from Bengal Tigers
Posted on 09/18/2012 6:19:01 PM PDT by Olog-hai
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) on Monday introduced the "Big Cats and Public Safety Protection Act," a bill that would prohibit private possession and breeding of tigers and other "big cats."
"I know it sounds like something you just read about when there's a tragic news story, but it's all too real for first responders who respond to a 911 call and are surprised to come face to face with a Bengal tiger," said Sen. Kerry.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
Oh, I thought it was the football team.
Way to go Perry. If America ever needed something, this is it!
It’s the big issue of our Time, and up til now, no one was talking about it. I guess only a man with the stones to serve in Vietnam could tackle such a crucial issue.
Thank god... I can walk the streets without being worried about a tiger attack.
"Big Cats and Public Safety Protection Act"
If Bengal tigers weren’t such a popular house pet in the Middle East, none of this mob violence would be happening...
I wonder if Hanoi Boi is having night time issues with that scene in Apocalypse Now! “Never get outta the boat!”
So are we renaming the ATF to ATFT (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Tigers)??
What exactly qualifies as “private possession”? Privately owned animal sanctuaries or zoos? Circuses? Hollywood animal trainers? Or are we just going to ban Joe Citizen from owning these animals?
I think it’s generally a dumb idea for people to own these things, and I’m not opposed to bans or at least licensing and regulation, but it should be done at the state and local level, and if we ban them for taxpayers, then we should ban them for institutions and government bodies as well.
John Kerry faced a Bengal tiger in Vietnam once.
Now it comes together!
“I know it sounds like something you just read about when there’s a tragic news story, but it’s all too real for first responders who respond to a 911 call and are surprised to come face to face with a Bengay tiger,” said Sen. Kerry.
Kerry, a Vietnam veteran testified about the use of
Tiger Balm on his sexual organs during nocturnal “cruises”
There was a time he would have laughed out of Senate for trying to pass a federal bill protecting people from tigers....
I wonder how many other senators rolled their eyes... And thought what an asshat...
But those big nanny staters think the federal government is supposed to do everything....
That's about what I expect from that Traitorous, Dipsh*t. He is part of the 98% of politicians that give the other 2% a bad name.
He must have caught his case of incredibly stupid from Harry Reid.
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) on Monday introduced the “Big Cats and Public Safety Protection Act,” a bill that would prohibit private possession and breeding of tigers and other “big cats.”
Just how big does a cat have to be to be a “big cat”?
The greater danger is from the fat cat politicians in D.C.
The comments section for the article are classic....
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.