Skip to comments.Obama Golf Jokes
Posted on 09/21/2012 11:40:02 AM PDT by VA Voter
Golf Jokes President Obama changes the rules of golf
President Obama has recently appointed a Golf Czar and major rule changes in the game of golf will become effective 01 June 2010.
This is only a preview as the complete rulebook is being rewritten as we speak.
Here are a few of the changes
Golfers with handicaps:
- Below 10 will have their green fees increased by 35%.
- Between 11 and 18 will see no increase in green fees.
- Above 18 will get a $25 check each time they play.
The dollar amount placed in bets will be as follows:
- For handicaps below 10, an additional $10.
- Between 11 and 18, no additional amount.
- Above 18, you will receive the total amount in the pot even if you do not play.
The term gimme will be changed to entitlement and will be used as follows:
- Handicaps below 10, no entitlements.
- Handicaps from 11 to 17, entitlements for putter length putts.
- Handicaps above 18, if your ball is on green, no need to putt, just pick it up.
These entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring.
In addition, a Player will be limited to a maximum of one birdie or six pars in any given 18-hole round. Any excess must be given to those fellow players who have not yet scored a birdie or par. Only after all players have received a birdie or par from the player actually making the birdie or par, can that player begin to count his pars and birdies again.
The current USGA handicap system will be used for the above purposes, but the term net score will be available only for scoring those players with handicaps of 18 and above.
This is intended to redistribute the success of winning by making sure that in every competition; the above 18 handicap players will post only net score against every other players gross score.
These new Rules are intended to CHANGE the game of golf.
Golf must be about Fairness.
It should have nothing to do with Ability.
Does everyone receive a trophy or a gold medal after each round?
"The fairway is 120 yards away, just to the left of those idle boats."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.