Skip to comments.Poll: Obama’s Abortion Record Hurts Him in Battleground States
Posted on 09/26/2012 1:51:31 PM PDT by NYer
A new poll conducted by the polling company, inc./WomanTrend company and released by the Susan B. Anthony List today shows President Barack Obama’s radical pro-abortion record is costing him in key swing states.
Likely swing voters in battleground states are repelled by President Obamas record on abortion and religious liberty, SBA informed LifeNews today. The results of the new poll show:
In a 2004 exit poll, 22 percent of voters cited moral values including abortion as their most important issue, and 80 percent of those supported President Bush, clinching victory in an election that came down to 537 votes in the swing state of Florida, said Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser.
Dannenfelser added: Todays poll confirms: pro-life voters make up a sizable voting bloc capable of achieving victory in close elections. President Obamas record of supporting abortion for any reason and at any time is so extreme that even supporters are turning away. Over the next six weeks the Susan B. Anthony List will educate voters on Barack Obamas abortion record as well as his attack on conscience protections and religious liberty through an aggressive voter mail, television and radio ad campaign.
Kellyanne Conway, whose firm conducted the survey, said, The presidential race – being fought mostly on economic and employment terrain – has been stuck in neutral for months.”
To prevail, one of these candidates needs a breakout moment to distinguish him from the other and to hit a nerve with a skeptical electorate that believes it has heard enough already,” she observed.
Conway continued: This survey shows that a few straightforward, specific facts about President Obama and abortion shock the collective conscience of swing voters in battleground states. His support for taxpayer-funded abortion, opposition to Born-Alive Infant protections and intimidation through regulation foisted upon religious organizations draws the ire of between one-half and two-thirds of the voters surveyed. Even self-identified pro-choicers, young voters, independents and Democrats cannot turn a blind eye to his out-of-step views. For all they think they know about Obama, these swing voters suffer from information underload when it comes to his extreme and outrageous record of unfettered abortion.
The survey included 620 likely voters in four swing states and was conducted September 18-19, 2012. Only registered voters who stated that they were both 1) definitely (89%) or probably (11%) voting in the upcoming elections for U.S. President and Congress and 2) were not solidly committed to either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama were polled.
Once swing voters learn about President Obamas extreme record on Born-Alive legislation they turn away from him. President Obamas record of opposing equal treatment and constitutional protections for babies born alive after a failed abortion (opting to leave these babies to die without proper medical attention) negatively influenced a majority of swing voters.
* 54% of swing voters said they would be less likely (35% much less likely) to vote for President Obama after learning that he voted against a law to give equal treatment and constitutional protections to babies born alive after a failed abortion.
* The presidents record on the Born-Alive issue costs him support even among his supporters: Nearly half (49%) of voters leaning towards voting for President Obama said they would be less likely to do so after learning about his record.
* Key voter groups were also negatively affected: women (53%), independents (46%) and pro-choicers (43%) said they would be less likely to vote for President Obama after learning about his record.
When voters know the full implications of Obamacare, they turn away from President Obama. Passed in 2010, the health care legislation known as Obamacare contains provisions that allow for taxpayer funding of abortion. Americans do not want to be complicit in the deaths of unborn children through their taxpayer dollars. The polling shows that if Americans are reminded of the abortion funding provisions in Obamacare, they turn away from the president.
* By a margin of 2-to-1 (49% to 25%), likely swing voters in these four battleground states say they are less likely to vote for President Obama based on his inclusion of taxpayer funding of abortion in Obamacare.
* Sixty percent of fathers, 18-34 year olds, and 35-44 year olds said that inclusion of taxpayer funding in Obamacare makes them less likely to vote for President Obama.
* Half of independents said they are less likely to vote for Obama because of this provision. Even 25% of Democrats and 27% of pro-choice voters said they would be more likely to oppose the president for this reason.
Additionally, under Obamacare the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services is forcing faith-based institutions to violate their conscience and pay for health insurance that includes abortion-inducing drugs. Polling reveals that Americans overwhelmingly reject this attack on religious freedom and the politicians who advocate for such regulation:
* Sixty nine percent of likely swing voters disagree (51% strongly disagree) with the notion that the federal government should force faith-based institutions to pay for drugs that violate their conscience or religious beliefs.
* Swing voters overwhelmingly reject (66%) candidates that support the HHS mandate to force faith-based institutions to violate their beliefs and provide coverage for abortion-inducing drugs. Forty four percent of voters said they are much less likely to vote for the candidate who imposes such regulations.
How many polls are there? I was called by a pollster yesterday. The questions were backwards worded with the deliberate intent to trick the listener into supporting the Dem candidate. Naturally, this savvy poster, did not fall prey to their sick trick ;-)
Romney campaign? Silver platter pickup, please...
Well in this case it’s an agenda-driven poll designed to create a specific desired result for an advocacy group.
Using the exact same methods (careful sequencing of specifically worded questions) NARAL could come up with poll results showing “Romney’s Anti-Choice Views Hurt Him in Battlegroud States”.
All of these polls should be ignored, regardless of the source.
As El Rushbo said today,if Obama is ten-points up in Iowa,what’s he doing there??These PHONY Polls with overweighted DemonRat samplings are meant to discourage us and keep us from voting!!!You would have to KILL me to keep me away from the voting-booth!!!!41-Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another Rush listener! I've been following him since 1989. Rush is on target when he says that Obama is scared. New York, like California, is a solid blue state .. in Obama's pocket, right? Then why has Obama been running political ads for more than a month here? My guess is that his advisers believe he is on shaky ground in NY.
I can account for the non stop Obama ads here in looney liberal California. I see them CONSTANTLY and its very annoying. I have to keep on changing the channel, the second I see “I’m Barack Obama and I approve this message” I quickly change the channel. Also as far as the BS Ohio poll, why would Obama waste his time campaigning again and again and again in a state he is up 10 points in..seriously the media and these pollsters must really believe the American people are THAT stupid(I guess this nonsense worked for them in 2008 so they are trying it again) no one campaigns in a state they are up 10+ points in OK, its a waste of time, you have the state won, yet Obama is constantly campaigning there..its because these polls are pure dog doo doo
90+ percent of blacks will vote obammy regardless.
Or ... they won't bother to vote at all.