Skip to comments.
'Hate cleric' Abu Hamza's extradition to US halted after launch of another legal bid
| Sep 27, 2012
Posted on 09/28/2012 4:03:54 AM PDT by Milagros
'Hate cleric' Abu Hamza's extradition to US halted after launch of another legal bid By ANI | ANI - Thu 27 Sep, 2012 London, Sep 27 (ANI): Radical Muslim preacher Abu Hamza al-Masri's extradition has been halted after the hook-handed cleric's legal team got a court ruling, preventing him from being sent to the US pending an urgent hearing in open court.
It is thought that Hamza's lawyers would argue that his physical and mental health has deteriorated so much that he is not fit to stand trial on terror charges. 12
TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: abuhamza; hatecleric; islamofascism; rop
The infamous Arab Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masry, dubbed the 'hate cleric,' was jailed in Britain for inciting murder and racial hatred. He has been charged with 11 counts of criminal conduct related to the taking of 16 hostages in Yemen in 1998, advocating violent jihad in Afghanistan in 2001 and conspiring to establish a jihad training camp in Bly, Oregon, between June 2000 and December 2001. At one of his infamous "holy" sermons, Hamza said: "If a kafir person (non-believer) goes in a Muslim country, he is like a cow... Anybody can take him. That is the Islamic law." In Sep. 2012, he was finally extradited from Britain -which he called a "toilet"- to the US.
- ^ "'Hate cleric' Abu Hamza's extradition to US halted after launch of another legal bid," ANI, September 27, 2012, http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2012/09/27/201--Hate-cleric-Abu-Hamza-s-extradition-to-US-halted-after-launch-of-another-legal-bid.html
- ^ Heather Smith and Patrick Donahue: "Abu Hamza Extradition to US Will Be Sped Up After Court Ruling," Bloomberg, September 25, 2012. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-25/abu-hamza-can-be-extradited-in-terror-case-rights-court-says.html
- ^ "Hamza makes last-minute bid to High Court," The Sun, September 26, 2012 http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4558273/Hamza-makes-last-minute-bid-to-High-Court.html
- ^ "Sheik: It's OK to kill non-Muslims," WorldNetDaily
Nov 19, 2002. http://www.wnd.com/2002/11/15959
- ^ Bala Ambati: "Column: Whitewashing truth, March 19, 2003. http://m.dukechronicle.com/article/column-whitewashing-truth#/article/column-whitewashing-truth
- ^ Claire Berlinski: "Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too," (Random House Digital, Inc., Jan 23, 2007, 304 pp.) p. 44. http://books.google.com/books?id=KwUVSZqtqMQC&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44
- ^ Frank Gardner: "End of an era as Abu Hamza to be extradited," BBC News, September 24, 2012. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19709034
posted on 09/28/2012 4:04:01 AM PDT
In Eric Withholder acting as defense. Counsel?
posted on 09/28/2012 4:20:21 AM PDT
("Blazing Saddles" explains it all.......)
Why do we want him? Keep him in an English prison. The crimes we have him down for seem to be a stretch
posted on 09/28/2012 4:29:00 AM PDT
(Government be yo mamma - Re-elect Barack Obama)
posted on 09/28/2012 5:53:44 AM PDT
WITHolder is right. I will use it.
posted on 09/28/2012 5:54:46 AM PDT
The key to rubbing along in perfect harmony | Libby Purves ... Times Online - Nov 9, 2009
Authoritarianism is a sin of religiosity: believers need to heed the Jewish experience about respecting the secular majority...
But some Muslims... have yet to learn the knack of the minor key... Islamist extremists now - impotent and prickly, beached in secular Luton or Bradford or Boston - may feel it shameful to be a "tolerated" minority. Hence the murderous vainglory of suicide videos, and before that the crazy rantings we ignored for far too long from Abu Hamza al-Masri on his Al-Jihaad site ("[Unbelievers] are filthy scum of the earth . . . beneath the level of the cattle. We must crush them without mercy . . . So now it is time to make your decision . . .
Hamza 'urged followers to murder'
Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 January 2006, 19:33 GMT
Mr Abu Hamza is accused of having a document "useful" to a terrorist Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri told his followers it was their "religious duty to kill" non-Muslims, jurors heard as his trial began at the Old Bailey.
Prosecutors said a "terrorism manual" was found at his London home in 2004.
It explained how to make explosives, organise a terrorist unit and suggested potential targets such as Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower, it was claimed.
posted on 09/28/2012 6:42:22 AM PDT
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson