Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


1 posted on 09/29/2012 3:57:21 AM PDT by Kaslin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]


To: Kaslin

Ok, I confess. Part of the Democratic oversample is my fault. I’ve been called at least 5 times by Quinnicpiac in the past two weeks, and I refuse to answer when I see their name on my caller ID.


2 posted on 09/29/2012 4:13:02 AM PDT by Yo-Yo (Is the /sarc tag really necessary?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

One of the big pollsters was interviewed yesterday (unfortunately I don’t remember which one)and he said that only 9% of all people called complete the poll. So isn’t it statistically dubious to draw conclusions about the preferences of the other 91% by the 9% who either don’t have caller ID or something better to do than stay home and answer polls?


3 posted on 09/29/2012 4:14:12 AM PDT by pie_eater
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

Zogby was once the King of Pollsters until he started adding his “special sauce.” Look where he is now ... a bad joke. I think he was an MB plant all along, just like his brother. There are plenty of snake-oil salesman who would love to tell you what to believe...


4 posted on 09/29/2012 4:29:15 AM PDT by ez (When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

I hung up twice and they hung up thrice


5 posted on 09/29/2012 4:29:51 AM PDT by dalebert
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

So basically the sample is of people who take time for the survey and who are more likely to associate themselves with Democrats.


10 posted on 09/29/2012 5:28:51 AM PDT by gotribe (WTF?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

I was called once, years ago. I did not finish the poll becasue the questions were so obviously biased toward the desired result.

Poll ‘results’ today are used to skew public opinion, not reflect public thought.


11 posted on 09/29/2012 5:31:13 AM PDT by Islander7 (There is no septic system so vile, so filthy, the left won't drink from to further their agenda)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Kaslin

I read one of the interviews

http://www.hughhewitt.com/transcripts.aspx?id=b6dcdfd8-662f-4c5c-b199-2c7601ec818b

and now I understand the possible source of sample error. They are not deliberately taking the results and adjusting the data down to a sample ratio.

They are predetermining the number of interviews using cell phones and land lines. The cell phone calls will over sample democrats. They claim they are looking for a certain percentage of cell phone calls in order to reach the population that does not have cell phones.

What they are missing is that they are indirectly skewing the polls toward democrats by predetermining the cell phone percentage.

I’m pretty sure this upfront allocation of cell phone calls to land line calls violates the randomness necessary to have a valid poll.


13 posted on 09/29/2012 6:39:59 AM PDT by Raycpa
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson