Some suggestions for biblical movies, IF, they are based on the scriptures an not liberal revisionism:
1. Saul of Tarsus - The story of Paul, his conversion and his missionary journies would make an AWESOME film.
2. Daniel - Again, GREAT storyline and action. Fiery furnaces and whatnot.
3. Esther - Beauty, brains, daring, treachery, this story has it all.
And it could be a participation flick (I never saw Rocky Horror Picture Show but can use my imagination) where the audience gives grief whenever Haman appears.
David - a man’s Man.
- Handsome young musician, devout to God but seeds of courage
- courage against 9’ Goliath in the face of his country’s warriors and the enemy’s
- a HEALTHY NON-HOMO friendship with Jonathan closer than “the love of a woman”
- a young warrior with deathly envy of his best friend’s father Saul, the King
- A Warrior “Saul has slayed his 1000’s, but David his 10,000’s”
- Dancing in the streets in his underware before the daughters of Israel, to the chagrin of his soon-to-be-barren wife
- Acting crazy (doing a Mel Gibson) before enemy kings to protect himself
- The scandal as king, of seeing beautiful Bathsheba bath naked on a rooftop, covering it up with Uriah sent to the front lines and then exposed by Nathan the prophet
- The dysfunctionality of Absolom, his son, plotting his death
- The final years of wanting to build the greatest man-made Temple of Israel, and seeing Solomon, his son, succeed him
Now, if Hollywood can not distort any of the true accounts of above, I’d be pleasantly shocked. But what a story! I think that could fill 2 1/2 hours of a good action movie!
“3. Esther - Beauty, brains, daring, treachery, this story has it all.”
Have you see A Night With The King? It came out a few years ago and is about Esther.
Good suggestions. I’d go see all of those, if they are faithful to the text.