Skip to comments.Michelle Obama wins cookie contest
Posted on 10/01/2012 5:17:59 PM PDT by Sub-Driver
Michelle Obama wins cookie contest
By CAITLIN MCDEVITT | 10/1/12 4:58 PM EDT
Sorry, Ann Romney. But the cookie has crumbled in favor of the first lady.
Michelle Obama has won Family Circles 2012 Presidential Cookie Bake-Off, the magazine reports in its November issue.
Obama and Romney both submitted recipes to the contest, and after more than 9,000 people weighed in just 287 votes separated the two women, our smallest margin ever, Family Circle says.
Romneys M&M cookies got 48.5 percent of votes, while Obamas white and dark chocolate chip cookies won with 51.5 percent.
Family Circle notes that the bake-off, which its hosted since 1992, has been a bell-weather in four out of five elections.
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
You misspelled Wookie in the title, please fix.
She won Huh, eating or baking.
Well, of course.
Or in my case a few more beers!
“The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to toss their cookies.”
It must have been a cookie-EATING contest. She probably scarfed down four or five boxes of Double-Stuf Oreos in under thirty seconds or something. No, I didn’t read the article.
the only catch is that Mooch’s recipe can only be made by her personal chef for her. Ann’s cookie can be made by anyone
Her recipe or a WH chef’s recipe?
“Family Circle notes that the bake-off, which its hosted since 1992, has been a bell-weather in four out of five elections”
I have never ever heard of this before.
That's probably as legitimate as this cookie "contest."
Damn, imagine that...Family Circle had to fix the damn cookie election just so there wouldn’t be riots.
Are you certain she didn’t win in the wookie cookie tossing contest?
This must have been the Moochelle equivalent to Lil’ Barack’s Nobel Piece prize.
“Enough, I’m going to have another scotch.............”
Pour me one while you at it...
Sickening, just plain butt kissing sickening.
Is the contest for the fewest cookies to guarentee to make a fat ass?
Bell weather-what is that?
another example of MSM bias...
Stay away from magazine subscriptions, use to receive Family Circle for many years...have not for past two years...
CANCELED ALL MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND THE HARDEST TO GIVE UP WAS MARTHA STEWART, LIVING...but I did...
HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS...P O C K E T BOOK.....
Is this similar to one of those hot dog eating contests? I assume Ann Romney had one or two cookies; and Michelle... I guess we don't want to go there.
Now fat ass Michelle will eat all the cookies..everyone run Cookie Monster is coming to eat your cookies!! But the rest of us have to have Vegetables and soy products because Michelle is a giant hypocrite
I’d bet a LOT that Anne Romney has actually MADE these cookies, probably many times. Michelle? Highly, highly doubtful ...
Bell weather? Rings of global warming.
A bell wether now - that’s an entirely different critter...
BET MICHELLE OBAMA HAS NEVER BAKED A COOKIE IN HER LIFE...
ANN ROMNEY, MOTHER OF FIVE SONS...18 GRANDCHILDREN.....YEP SHE KNOWS HOW TO BAKE COOKIES...
EVERYONE IS AFRAID OF BEING RACIST???? NOT ME, THEY STARTED THE RACE TOPIC, I DIDN’T...but do I think MO is racist??? you bet your a#$% I do.
IF Obozo and his pet wookie win this thing I swear I am going to LOSE IT
Of course she did. The editors at Family Circle like to keep their knees in one piece.
chocolate filled Stanley’s
too funny!!! made me chuckle out loud
Ann Romneys M&M Cookies
(makes about 3 dozen cookies)
1 C granulated sugar
1 C packed light brown sugar
½ C unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
1½ C crunchy peanut butter*
1 T light corn syrup
½ t vanilla extract
4½ C old-fashioned rolled oats
2 t baking soda
6 oz. chocolate chips
2/3 C regular M&Ms
* Note: For baking, I like to use peanut butter brands that have nothing but peanuts (no added salt, oil, sugar, etc.) because its easier to judge the sugar and salt content. If you do the same, just remember to add a pinch of salt to the dry mix! I usually remember, but forgot on my second batch and it really is amazing what a little salt can do for flavor and how forgetting it can make them lackluster.
1) Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream sugars, butter, peanut butter, and corn syrup in a large bowl on high speed until creamy. Beat in one egg at a time at low speed until just combined. Beat in vanilla extract.
2) In a separate large bowl mix together oats and baking soda (and salt if using unsalted PB!). Slowly stir into peanut butter mixture and keep working it until well combined itll be tough, but you can do it. Add in M&Ms and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
3) Scoop dough onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets one heaping Tablespoon at a time. Gently press heaps into flat disks with the back of a spoon or your fingertips (if using fingertips you may want to dip them in a bit of water beforehand to prevent sticking) and bake until the entire cookie is a light golden brown a few minutes more than you would traditional chocolate chip cookies, about 15 minutes. Let cool a few minutes on the sheets before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Excellent warm with vanilla ice cream or cool as a breakfast bar.
Giggidy. Now my mind wants to have a drink and I think I’ll join it.
did the wookie borrow the recipe from fauxahauntus?
In a related story Kim Jong Un Made 18 holes-n-one on his first ever Golf outing.
Back to you Chet...
He had the news staff executed since everyone knows there’s eighteen holes in golf.
Just don’t try to serve them in a school cafeteria.
You might be on to something. Has the Wookie ever baked a cookie?
Mama Kaye’s White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 stick Crisco butter-flavored solid vegetable shortening
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup each white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips (or Andes mint pieces)
2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. By hand, stir in white and milk chocolate chips, mint chips and walnuts.
3. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Michelle didn’t bake those cookies! Somebody else did that. There are a lot of good cookie bakers out there!
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban... ahhhhhhhh.
Is this the cookie baking that Gov. Clinton’s wife objected to?
Evidently Michelle Obama is the Alpha and the Omega. Whoda thunk it?!
“a person or thing that shows the existence or direction of a trend”
So they are saying whomever wins the cookie contest
so goes the election
Cindy MCCain won in 2004 although she was accused of cheating.
What a joke
“Her recipe or a WH chefs recipe?”
EXACTLY, anyone can submit a winning recipe.. it’s another thing to actually make them..