Skip to comments.Mrs. Obama: ‘Barack Has Done a Phenomenal Job Working Around a Congress...'
Posted on 10/05/2012 5:41:32 AM PDT by opentalk
"[Y]ou can have a president you love, but if you dont have a Congress thats willing to work, you know, you wind up stalled in so many ways, First Lady Michelle Obama said Wednesday on Tom Joyners radio program.
And I think that Barack has done a phenomenal job working around a Congress that has never been willing to help move the country forward on so many different issues, she said. But I think hes done everything humanly possible to get things passed around the margins.
But, you know, just imagine where this country will be when we have Barack Obama as president and we have a Congress thats ready to work hand-in-hand, and willing to compromise to make sure that this country moves forward for everyone.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
Funny... that’s not how our federal government is legally supposed to work, Michelle.
Constitution? We don't need no steeenking Constitution!
No, I think I'd rather imagine the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano instead.
I wonder if she realizes that she’s blaming a Democrat-controlled Senate?
And I think that Barack has done a phenomenal job working around a Congress that has never been willing to help move the country forward on so many different issues,Congress is state representation of us citizens. ---US
...just imagine where this country will be when we have Barack Obama as president and we have a Congress thats ready to work hand-in-hand...
No, I think I’d rather imagine the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano instead.
Ha! Too funny! I also have scenarios that I’d rather imagine. Alas, they must remain unspoken... ;O)
“But, you know, just imagine where this country will be when we have Barack Obama as president and we have a Congress thats ready to work hand-in-hand, and willing to compromise to make sure that this country moves forward for everyone.
January 3rd 2009 to January 3rd 2011: overwhelming democratic majority in the House of Representatives and a 59 or 60 seat majority in the Senate (Franken and Kennedy making the number fluctuate).
We don’t have to imagine where the country would be. We’re in the middle of it. And it’s disaster.
,... you know, whos in the White House determines so much about how our country looks, Mrs. Obama said. You know, whether or not we have healthcare, when we go to war and why, she continued.
Whos on our Supreme Court? And the decisions that that court makes.
Michelle has brought up the Supreme Court before...big priority for them to control. Kagan is of their International (UN) law thinking vs Constitution. Especially free speech (Imo)
When 0bama started talking about how he had been working non-stop to help the middle class, I nearly fell out of my chair! The SOB couldn't have done more to destroy the middle class and promote class warfare!
“just imagine where this country will be when we have Barack Obama as president and we have a Congress thats ready to work hand-in-hand”
President Obama did have a Congress that was ready to work with him, including a super majority in the Senate during parts of the 111th Congress. That’s what the 2010 elections were all about.
her stance is wider than his
maybe she should be the one talking to Achmadinejad
“Yo honky, don’t make me put my Jimmy Choo up yo’ azz!”
“...just imagine where this country will be when we have Barack Obama as president and we have a Congress thats ready to work hand-in-hand...”
uh, back to 2009/10?
This “worst lady” thing is a real piece of work. Could she be more anti-Free-America? She should be in a Supermax prison.
” - - - working around a Congress - - - “
That is why Dictator Obama should be IMPEACHED!
They know from polling Congress ranks very low with voters, easy to pile on them. Her message...Basically Barack is not (accountable) to be blamed...he needs more time
There have been over 900 Executive Orders put forth from Obama, and he is not even through his first term yet. He is creating a martial law ‘Disney Land’ of control covering everything imaginable. Thanks to ‘Friends of Conservative Action Alerts.’ They have compiled a choice list of ‘Emergency Powers, Martial law executive orders’: Get your headache medication out while you still can without a prescription.
* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen-year period.
* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit, and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
It is more than clear Obama is planning for the control and fundamental transformation (i.e. takeover) of America, probably via Martial Law. Food, energy, transportation, work, banking, and health. he already has it covered. While Obama is busy pulling executive orders out of the sky to control everything inside our country, he has been issuing executive orders to force us to submit to international regulations
RE; “worst” lady
I can’t put her and “lady” together at all.
And around the constitution. And around his oath of office. And the law of the land. And the will of the people.
The tyrant just can't control his inner lawyer.
Somehow the word “work” and “Obama” in the same sentence seems oxymoronic.
These tactics are the usual mode of operation for dictators.
FUBO & FAD
Not only is she admitting he’s TRASHING the constitution, but she’s ALSO undermining his own cries of “congress keeps blocking all the wonderful things I’m trying to do! And THAT’S why the economy is still in a mess...”
..Claimed Executive privileged.
Obama "worked around" congress to use our resources in Libyan war.
--renamed it Kinetic Military Action,
would also guess there is much intimidation, bribes,....used to "work around" congress
Add the MSM working for progressive agenda.
Obama also works around state rights.
Does this sound like the Soviet Union to anyone except me? Or Cuba ... I wish Michelle had to get her "healthcare" in Cuba.
They forget that in the long run, history never favors a dictator with a favorable outcome for them personally.
. . . my thoughts exactly.
Maybe some orders have already been implemented. My entries on FR are censored, frequently my phones (and I have three) are disabled, even when I may need to call my doctor.
Congress has done a magnificent job of avoiding any of its responsibility under the Constitution [silly me!] in restraining an out of control Executive Branch. They are gutless, spineless, and witless. They cannot seem to grasp how irrelevant they've become through their willful inaction. Congress is about as useless as teats on a boar.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.