Skip to comments.The Media After Romney Wins
Posted on 10/09/2012 6:13:34 AM PDT by SampleMan
The media has been in a slumber for the last 4 years; not that the world has been quiet. We have lived in a world replete with economic collapse, international conflict, and social unrest, a time of tribulations and consequence, the likes of which we have not seen in over 70 years.
But a media which gleans only what it desires to further a socialist agenda has found no purchase on these stories. They had achieved their goal of placing a true socialist in the Presidency, and no bad news, no bad outcomes would be spoken of during his realm.
The barbarians have encroached to the gates, the heavy yoke of abusive taxation weighs heavily on the once productive land, and a lazy and demanding rabble grows in the streets. The media acting as sycophant to the king, reports that their Leader cares deeply and his policies are working. They keep heralding the coming dawn, as the night grows darker. Reports abound of the Queens grace and splendor, but not a word of what appears outside the windows escapes the party.
And now the day approaches when their chair, upon which they nap, is kicked from beneath them. They will awaken with shock and anger to report that a new world has befallen us all, and it is filled with horrors.
What the media will discover after Romney takes office:
1. We are in an economic depression worse than the 1930s. The effects of which have been both forestalled and worsened by the government; however, the starting date will be falsely recorded as 2013.
2. The national debt is out of control and untenable. At historical rates, the interest alone will consume $1 trillion a year.
3. Our debt is junk. Only the Federal Reserve is willing to buy the Treasurys bonds, and that is debasing the dollar.
4. Interest rates are not right. The media will not identify the Federal Reserve and massive Federal spending as the culprit, but it will suddenly notice that retirees can no longer live on their savings. It will also be noted that increases in the interest rate are hard on housing, businesses, and the government. Every side of the interest rate story will be used to cast President Romney in a bad light.
5. Massive inflation stirs in the land. The massive increases in the costs of food and energy will be reported as brand new events. We will be treated to personal accounts daily of families unable to make ends meet.
6. Personal net worth has plummeted and wages are down.
7. The unemployment rate is horrific and worsening. The U6 number (the real number of people unemployed) will be rediscovered and reported often. As will underemployment. This will suddenly become an immediate and pressing problem that cannot wait. The nightly news will discover the long lines of applicants and the personal stories of those families in need. This drum will beat daily, and the personal, caring interviews will reflect on the extravagant, uncaring White House. Improvements in decreasing U6 will increase U3, and this will be exploited by reporting the U6 number as a total and the U3 trend.
8. The world is on fire. Russia and China are playing for keeps and are eating our lunch. The Arab Spring bloomed into a thuggish Islamic caliphate. The world has the lowest respect for us in history and our enemies do not fear us.
9. We are at war and Americans are dying. The flag draped coffins have been increasing, despite the lack of nightly tallies. Peace Movement protests will magically reappear as a ubiquitous daily phenomenon. Deep concern will be deeply analyzed. Personal stories of disillusioned soldiers will be the norm.
10. Racist violence is exploding in our streets, and racial animosity is at a high for modern times. Despite the factual statistics, this will be reported as a predominantly white-on-black issue.
11. Local and state governments are mostly broke and have no recourse but to make cuts, with the Federal gravy train running off the rails. Every cut will be major and impactful, causing undue woe upon the land.
12. Every environmental boogey man will reemerge as an approaching silent spring event. Every small gathering of the seriously concerned and every fax from their mothers basement, will be headlined as a looming threat to our existence.
13. Public education will again be discovered to be woefully underfunded, as reporters interview the teachers union leaders. Interviews depicting every teacher living hand to mouth, and every classroom leaking water onto 20-year-old, tattered books, will chronicle our failures. No mention of mismanagement or misdirection of funds will be entertained.
14. All of these newly discovered issues will constitute a crisis of epic proportions. President Romneys failure to cure these crises will be the summation for every panicked headline.
Finally, a new government in exile will be established and given a direct voice to the American people. Every governmental statement will be challenged by the government in exile. The apparatchiks of this Leftist government will brood and foment nightly with their media brethren concerning the evils of the government in power and the need for implementing their utopian plans, which they will assert have just never been tried.
In other words, “Bush’s fault” will be replaced by “Romney’s fault.”
“Homelessness” will re-emerge as a massive social problem, causing our national conscience to twinge. It will be entirely blamed on Romney.
SOMETHING has to be done to injure these corrupt bast*rds.
So far, I've been very impressed with Romney during this campaign. He's polite and presidential about it, but he doesn't put up with crap from anybody.
Thanks for asking this question about The Media.
Here is my 2 cents: Republicans and Democrats have been guilty of buying votes by promising FREE STUFF to potential voters according to the dictate of Karl Marx: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.” This has led to a Polarized America. This polarization has increased as the number of those with ability has decreased and the number of those with needs has increased.
Romney is correct that 47 % of voters pay no Personal Federal Income Tax. Romney is probably correct that these same 47 % will vote for Obama no matter what.
The Liberal Agenda Media, (LAM), supports the politicians who keep the 47 % from paying Personal Federal Income Taxes. This Free Stuff benefit to the 47 % is seen by the LAM as being a “Fair Share” payment-non payment in the double-think logic of Marxist Redistribution Theory.
If Romney has the backbone to stand firm and double down on his May fundraising comments, some of the polarized 47 % may choose to vote against the Federal Welfare Entitlement Plantation’s current leader, Obama.
With Obama, the Polarization of America has grown to 47 %. Another 4 years of Obama would certainly achieve his Marxist goal of 51 % Polarized America who pay no Personal Federal Income Tax.
Thank you for articulating what I have been thinking for several weeks. We saw how relentless the ministry of truth can be when it wants to “take someone down”. They will be horrible. No honeymoon for Romney. Despite our initial uplifted spirits after a Romney/Ryan win, we will be bombarded with constant reporting of the horrors you describe. I pray RR are up for the challenge on so many levels.
Gas prices will be the lead story every night and will entirey be the fault of President Romney.
“Homelessness” will be the least of our worries in the midst of an economic and currency collapse.
Yes, Romney will be blamed, but I would much rather have him in charge to pick up the pieces than an avowed Marxist who will use the opportunity to remake our economy, country, and society.
There will be a sudden interest in “homeless” peeps.
You forgot “he’s a Mormon so he holds creepy seances in his magic underwear to get policy direction from the Angel Moroni...”
(yes, I remember the charge that JFK was going to have an open hotline to the Vatican where American policy would really be decided)
I agree with you.
They will try.
However, it is up to us to continue the fight. Too often, conservatives go home happy when they win, thinking things have been settled, once and for all.
However, the Left never sleeps, and I have no doubt that even now, they are planning their return to power and how to get it. By any means.
So, we need to keep the pressure on. By all means, stop buying/watching their products. When in public, take shots at big media and Leftists whenever you can. Ridicule them, disparage them, laugh at them.
As a Landscape Architect, I especially like your number 12 describing the “environmental bogey man”. These bogey men are famous for creating unnecessary hysteria. It is where no sense replaces common sense when dealing with issues of the environment.”
If Romney’s elected, the journOlists will suddenly rediscover their professional calling of being hard hitting journalists asking tough questions of the administration and holding it accountable rather than propagandizing and covering for it. Dissent will once more become the highest form of patriotism.
(Homelessness will re-emerge as a massive social problem, causing our national conscience to twinge. It will be entirely blamed on Romney.)
You beat me to the punch. With the U6 number stubbornly above 14% for years, people losing their jobs and their homes, it’s just amazing that the homeless stories just got wiped off the media’s radar as if they never existed. They only reappear during Republican administrations, and so do the war protestors.
The first thing he should do is isolate and marginalize liberal dogs like Andrea Mitchell, et al. Take away their credentials to the White House, keep that b!tch off the grounds and keep her out of the Pentagon....I’d even go so far as to put each of the dogs on the “no fly list”.....and I’d keep them there. No government officials are to give interviews to each, etc.....isolate them and make them useless to their employers.
They sealed their fate a long time ago.
Yes my friend, I too believe that we are beyond critical mass and that we are not picking someone to bring us back, but rather someone to manage the impending collapse.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.