Skip to comments.The Media After Romney Wins
Posted on 10/09/2012 6:13:34 AM PDT by SampleMan
The media has been in a slumber for the last 4 years; not that the world has been quiet. We have lived in a world replete with economic collapse, international conflict, and social unrest, a time of tribulations and consequence, the likes of which we have not seen in over 70 years.
But a media which gleans only what it desires to further a socialist agenda has found no purchase on these stories. They had achieved their goal of placing a true socialist in the Presidency, and no bad news, no bad outcomes would be spoken of during his realm.
The barbarians have encroached to the gates, the heavy yoke of abusive taxation weighs heavily on the once productive land, and a lazy and demanding rabble grows in the streets. The media acting as sycophant to the king, reports that their Leader cares deeply and his policies are working. They keep heralding the coming dawn, as the night grows darker. Reports abound of the Queens grace and splendor, but not a word of what appears outside the windows escapes the party.
And now the day approaches when their chair, upon which they nap, is kicked from beneath them. They will awaken with shock and anger to report that a new world has befallen us all, and it is filled with horrors.
What the media will discover after Romney takes office:
1. We are in an economic depression worse than the 1930s. The effects of which have been both forestalled and worsened by the government; however, the starting date will be falsely recorded as 2013.
2. The national debt is out of control and untenable. At historical rates, the interest alone will consume $1 trillion a year.
3. Our debt is junk. Only the Federal Reserve is willing to buy the Treasurys bonds, and that is debasing the dollar.
4. Interest rates are not right. The media will not identify the Federal Reserve and massive Federal spending as the culprit, but it will suddenly notice that retirees can no longer live on their savings. It will also be noted that increases in the interest rate are hard on housing, businesses, and the government. Every side of the interest rate story will be used to cast President Romney in a bad light.
5. Massive inflation stirs in the land. The massive increases in the costs of food and energy will be reported as brand new events. We will be treated to personal accounts daily of families unable to make ends meet.
6. Personal net worth has plummeted and wages are down.
7. The unemployment rate is horrific and worsening. The U6 number (the real number of people unemployed) will be rediscovered and reported often. As will underemployment. This will suddenly become an immediate and pressing problem that cannot wait. The nightly news will discover the long lines of applicants and the personal stories of those families in need. This drum will beat daily, and the personal, caring interviews will reflect on the extravagant, uncaring White House. Improvements in decreasing U6 will increase U3, and this will be exploited by reporting the U6 number as a total and the U3 trend.
8. The world is on fire. Russia and China are playing for keeps and are eating our lunch. The Arab Spring bloomed into a thuggish Islamic caliphate. The world has the lowest respect for us in history and our enemies do not fear us.
9. We are at war and Americans are dying. The flag draped coffins have been increasing, despite the lack of nightly tallies. Peace Movement protests will magically reappear as a ubiquitous daily phenomenon. Deep concern will be deeply analyzed. Personal stories of disillusioned soldiers will be the norm.
10. Racist violence is exploding in our streets, and racial animosity is at a high for modern times. Despite the factual statistics, this will be reported as a predominantly white-on-black issue.
11. Local and state governments are mostly broke and have no recourse but to make cuts, with the Federal gravy train running off the rails. Every cut will be major and impactful, causing undue woe upon the land.
12. Every environmental boogey man will reemerge as an approaching silent spring event. Every small gathering of the seriously concerned and every fax from their mothers basement, will be headlined as a looming threat to our existence.
13. Public education will again be discovered to be woefully underfunded, as reporters interview the teachers union leaders. Interviews depicting every teacher living hand to mouth, and every classroom leaking water onto 20-year-old, tattered books, will chronicle our failures. No mention of mismanagement or misdirection of funds will be entertained.
14. All of these newly discovered issues will constitute a crisis of epic proportions. President Romneys failure to cure these crises will be the summation for every panicked headline.
Finally, a new government in exile will be established and given a direct voice to the American people. Every governmental statement will be challenged by the government in exile. The apparatchiks of this Leftist government will brood and foment nightly with their media brethren concerning the evils of the government in power and the need for implementing their utopian plans, which they will assert have just never been tried.
Sampleman, this is the best vanity I ever read on Freerepublic! Thank you for expressing what most of us have felt the last 4 years about the media.
Should Romney win (please!) I hope one of the things he says publicly is that he accepts responsibility for the existing situation because only an incompetent amateur blames his predecessor.
You have described what will happen.
You know the leftist media better than they know themselves.
Beginning in February 2013 we will see stories on homelessless (no one slept on the streets during obama), suicides in the military (none happened during the reign of the One), high gas prices in May 2013 (they go up every year in May, but from 2009 - 2012 the media didn’t notice.)
They will do everything they can to destroy Romney.
People are dying, the world is exploding, people are suffering and Mitt Romney isn't doing enough, fast enough!
As surely as the sun rises in the east, so the corrupt MSM will suddenly magnify — with extreme intensity — all the problems that they have assiduously avoided talking about under Obama — and because of Obama — and will decry the fact that Romney is failing and a poor leader because he is not handling all these ills which they have long intentionally ignored.
Bank on it.
Hopefully a GOP House, Senate and White House will not take any cues from GW Bush, and will be much more forceful and standing up to the media. That is one thing that bugged me to no end about Bush, he just let them steamroll him, especially those last two years, and with no help from the RNC. I still blame the economy on Pelosi and Reid. And always will. And O continued it.
Yes,the media will try all of this, but this time, it won’t work. People HAVE been suffering for the past four years. Only the lowest, of the low information voters have not been hearing bad news in the financial papers and financial cable shows. Everyone knows how high food and gas prices have been. They have seen the Obamas livin’ large while everyone else struggles. This is why they will throw these Marxist bums out.
And the combination of Romney turning things around, with the media sniping at his heels at every turn, will make most people tune out the MSM for good. This isn’t something we should be wringing our hands over. This is something we should look forward to, especially with the likes of Chris Christie and Allen West, who will jump at the chance to ask MSM hacks “where the hell were all your doom and gloom stories when Obama was in charge?”.
You took the words out of my mouth. “Homeless” stories will be immediately published the day Romney takes office as you cant find from a story in the papers in the last 4 years.
Good work! Ping for Nov 7.
Thats so right.
I despise the media even more than I despise the chosen one, but that’s only because they’ve been putting it to us for almost a half a century. As active enablers of this incompetent clown, they are at least as culpable for the decline of this country as is the donkey party.
I will only be satisfied that justice has been done when I see every last one of them - anchorclowns, so-called reporters, lame pundits, editors, and the rest - consigned to a job for which they are actually qualified: something like cleaning toilets.
The leftist media traitors need to be squashed like bugs...and re-squashed. They will not give up their corrosive activities readily. We must be strong and never stop pressure on these integrity-less, anti-Free-America subhumans.
Next will be a concern for those with Subterranean Homesick Blues (living in your mom’s basement).
If I were President Romney, 5 minutes after taking the Oath I would issue an Executive Order that the only official Unemployment number my Administration would recognize is the U6.
This move would do three things, set in stone how bad the Obama Admin was without pointing fingers, acknowledging that far to many people were out of work and you eliminate the Democrats saying "well the real unemployment number is blah blah blah..."
You haven’t missed anything and I have been saying for a long time that our biggest enemy is the liberal lying media.
Keep up the good work!
“The leftist media traitors need to be squashed like bugs...and re-squashed. They will not give up their corrosive activities readily. We must be strong and never stop pressure on these integrity-less, anti-Free-America subhumans.”
hal, I’d say you pretty much nailed it!
Would this rise to the standard of the FReeper Editorials?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.