Skip to comments.The Media After Romney Wins
Posted on 10/09/2012 6:13:34 AM PDT by SampleMan
The media has been in a slumber for the last 4 years; not that the world has been quiet. We have lived in a world replete with economic collapse, international conflict, and social unrest, a time of tribulations and consequence, the likes of which we have not seen in over 70 years.
But a media which gleans only what it desires to further a socialist agenda has found no purchase on these stories. They had achieved their goal of placing a true socialist in the Presidency, and no bad news, no bad outcomes would be spoken of during his realm.
The barbarians have encroached to the gates, the heavy yoke of abusive taxation weighs heavily on the once productive land, and a lazy and demanding rabble grows in the streets. The media acting as sycophant to the king, reports that their Leader cares deeply and his policies are working. They keep heralding the coming dawn, as the night grows darker. Reports abound of the Queens grace and splendor, but not a word of what appears outside the windows escapes the party.
And now the day approaches when their chair, upon which they nap, is kicked from beneath them. They will awaken with shock and anger to report that a new world has befallen us all, and it is filled with horrors.
What the media will discover after Romney takes office:
1. We are in an economic depression worse than the 1930s. The effects of which have been both forestalled and worsened by the government; however, the starting date will be falsely recorded as 2013.
2. The national debt is out of control and untenable. At historical rates, the interest alone will consume $1 trillion a year.
3. Our debt is junk. Only the Federal Reserve is willing to buy the Treasurys bonds, and that is debasing the dollar.
4. Interest rates are not right. The media will not identify the Federal Reserve and massive Federal spending as the culprit, but it will suddenly notice that retirees can no longer live on their savings. It will also be noted that increases in the interest rate are hard on housing, businesses, and the government. Every side of the interest rate story will be used to cast President Romney in a bad light.
5. Massive inflation stirs in the land. The massive increases in the costs of food and energy will be reported as brand new events. We will be treated to personal accounts daily of families unable to make ends meet.
6. Personal net worth has plummeted and wages are down.
7. The unemployment rate is horrific and worsening. The U6 number (the real number of people unemployed) will be rediscovered and reported often. As will underemployment. This will suddenly become an immediate and pressing problem that cannot wait. The nightly news will discover the long lines of applicants and the personal stories of those families in need. This drum will beat daily, and the personal, caring interviews will reflect on the extravagant, uncaring White House. Improvements in decreasing U6 will increase U3, and this will be exploited by reporting the U6 number as a total and the U3 trend.
8. The world is on fire. Russia and China are playing for keeps and are eating our lunch. The Arab Spring bloomed into a thuggish Islamic caliphate. The world has the lowest respect for us in history and our enemies do not fear us.
9. We are at war and Americans are dying. The flag draped coffins have been increasing, despite the lack of nightly tallies. Peace Movement protests will magically reappear as a ubiquitous daily phenomenon. Deep concern will be deeply analyzed. Personal stories of disillusioned soldiers will be the norm.
10. Racist violence is exploding in our streets, and racial animosity is at a high for modern times. Despite the factual statistics, this will be reported as a predominantly white-on-black issue.
11. Local and state governments are mostly broke and have no recourse but to make cuts, with the Federal gravy train running off the rails. Every cut will be major and impactful, causing undue woe upon the land.
12. Every environmental boogey man will reemerge as an approaching silent spring event. Every small gathering of the seriously concerned and every fax from their mothers basement, will be headlined as a looming threat to our existence.
13. Public education will again be discovered to be woefully underfunded, as reporters interview the teachers union leaders. Interviews depicting every teacher living hand to mouth, and every classroom leaking water onto 20-year-old, tattered books, will chronicle our failures. No mention of mismanagement or misdirection of funds will be entertained.
14. All of these newly discovered issues will constitute a crisis of epic proportions. President Romneys failure to cure these crises will be the summation for every panicked headline.
Finally, a new government in exile will be established and given a direct voice to the American people. Every governmental statement will be challenged by the government in exile. The apparatchiks of this Leftist government will brood and foment nightly with their media brethren concerning the evils of the government in power and the need for implementing their utopian plans, which they will assert have just never been tried.
Gallup said that distrust of the media hit an all-time high this year, "with 60% saying they have little or no trust in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly."
The old media believes that they ran Nixon out of office. They think playboy magazine elected Jimmy I HAVE LUSTED IN MY HEART Carter. They also take credit for running the first President Bush out of office. They think they’re the kingmakers. I remember their call that, “You should never argue with people who buy their ink in barrels.” Well, it’s fewer and fewer barrels. They don’t try to be bipartisan, and then wonder why they’re going down the tubes. They’re standing on the sinking Titanic that they’ve run into an iceberg calmly telling everyone that they thought a cool dip in the ocean would be refreshing. Swim, boys, swim!
A more aggressive move to attack the Electoral College, shore up public unions and maintain control over the means of power - EPA, school systems, etc.
I agree we’ll be in deep doo doo, but a lot can be fixed rather swiftly.
If Romney does what he says, and allows Keystone to move forward, while fast-tracking drilling on federal lands and our coasts, then oil futures will head downward ahead of the supply increases.
Business will see an awful lot of uncertainty removed, and some expansion will move ahead that was in wait and see mode. Romney sees the damage Dodd-Frank has done, and some can be minimized even before it is rescinded by Congress. The elimination of Obamacare will be huge, psychologically and practically, for businesses small and large, not to mention the health-care industry.
Inflation will be the problem, but that can be dealt with somewhat by halting QE3.
The media will magnify all the weak spots, but there will be some triumphs our side will have to tout, and rather quickly, IMHO.
* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
~ Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
If Romney fights for the General Welfare, he’ll stop the printing of money and let interest rates rise. King dollar alone will bring down gas prices.
It will hurt RE, which means Realtors, Banks, Insurers and contractors, but overall the economy will recover. It will also increase the cost of our debt and this realism will be a call to action for the nation.
The old “ink by the bbl, paper by the roll” is losing steam. Newsprint papermills are going out of business by the score and they depend on newspaper sales to survive (or did.)
Expect this Thanksgiving to bring sob stories of new homeless "just since Romney was elected, so imagine what it will be like in four years!"
Yes. This is the level of quality we seek in Freeper Editorials.
As soon as I get home and in front of something more capable than a blackberry, I’ll make sure it’s promoted to that section.
Sampleman, I’d suggest that, if your future works are also of this caliber, that you annotate the article with the freeper editorial tag. This is good work.
Thank you. I will.
Almost makes me want to see Obama deal with it for another four years, of course the media will cover for him, so there would be no “complete destruction of the progressive democrap party”...
I cannot wait to vote for Romney, despite him being a RINO, rather have him than Obama ANY day, week, month, year decade, century etc....
You forgot hes a Mormon so he holds creepy seances in his magic underwear to get policy direction from the Angel Moroni...
(yes, I remember the charge that JFK was going to have an open hotline to the Vatican where American policy would really be decided)
Moroni is a hell of lot better than that chap stuck in a well that Obama gets his marching orders from.....
Good column. You report truths, some of which are obvious to us but unknown to the average Joe out there. And he desperately needs to know them for the good of the nation.
I have found in many decades of fighting the Leftist bias, that those who exhibit it, simply cannot defend it, when they are properly attacked. With the media, the problem is not so easily addressed, because they have the ability to suppress criticism in their own venues--they simply refuse to print or broadcast what they do not like.
But it is important that Conservatives fully grasp how one-sided the argument--if it is ever allowed--will really be. The American heritage, that we try to defend, unlike every Leftist theory ever propounded, was never formulated by quacks, fantasizing about how they wanted the world to be. It was based, very clearly, on actual experience. (See America: Grounded On Experience & Reason.)
This is why, when we allowed the Founding Fathers' system to actually work as intended, we out-produced, out-achieved, every other people on earth. We must perfect our techniques for fighting back against those who are destroying our children's future. There really is no rational justification for the policies that are causing our problems.
Good response, and I have some followup that shall go into an editorial. Ping you?
Great piece. Freerepublic still the best. The first 2 paragraphs are perfect. I thought the exact same things and haven't seen them articulated anywhere. You probably said it better than I could have. This needs to be repeated all over the Internet:
The media has been in a slumber for the last 4 years; not that the world has been quiet. We have lived in a world replete with economic collapse, international conflict, and social unrest, a time of tribulations and consequence, the likes of which we have not seen in over 70 years. But a media which gleans only what it desires to further a socialist agenda has found no purchase on these stories. They had achieved their goal of placing a true socialist in the Presidency, and no bad news, no bad outcomes would be spoken of during his realm.
This Obama couldn't tell a hole in the ground from its ass as was evident in the debate. the media created a false Obama and a false Romney as it creates a false reality. The media got Obama elected by demonizing Bush and Palin. the media got a socialist creep who never had a real job elected president of the U.S. . Only 4 years after in this debate did we finally see the real Obama. Hope the media won't get this Obama monster elected again. The media is responsible for all the problems we have including the ever expanding government which is the problem
Government is the problem. Why do idiot liberals trust government so much? To democrats/liberals government is their God. Socialism is a religion to these marxist/democrat peices of crap, including to that piece of crap Obama. Private ownership distributes power among millions of private firms and 100s of millions of individuals. democrats think it's better to concentrate power on one government , one individual( obama or chavez for example) . As if one individual could simultaneously run millions of businesses better than all these business men put together at the same time. One liberal Obama couldn't run a lemonade stand much less one real business, much less a million businesses at the same time. This Obama couldn't tell a hole in the ground from its ass as was evident in the debate. liberalism is pure lunacy . how's that government working in government schools, government project housing? Can't even teach kids basics in 12 years.
Sure. I will stop back a little later.