Skip to comments.WaPo Reporter Says Bush 'Didn't Pay a High Enough Price' After DUI Revelation
Posted on 10/09/2012 6:04:48 PM PDT by chessplayer
Washington Post reporter Aaron Blake told CNN on Tuesday that candidate George W. Bush "just didn't pay a high enough price" in the 2000 election for his DUI arrest that occurred more than 20 years prior.
Blake was talking about famous "October surprises," or unforseen events occurring in the month before the election that could be game-changing. The Bush DUI revelation was a hit job planted by a Democratic source that mushroomed into a big story because of the liberal media.
Another commie lib with an exploded head.
I think anyone that watched the debate is pretty clued in, at this point.
I personally think the anti-Bush stuff from Democrats is more likely to backfire. Say what you will about Bush’s policies on the patriot act and other things, but he is definitely one of our more honorable and honest politicians we’ve ever had.
That's because obama never stopped ...
So ..I guess after Big Bird backfires, they dredge up a Bush DUI from the 1980’s ?
That’s a winner for sure / sarc
Democratic desperation is hilarious!
Just shut up and write accurate copy, Aaron. No one wants to hear your opinion. You’re supposed to report the news, accurately, not insert yourself into the story.
Neither has the media
And it was Fox that broke the story.
A lot of people don’t remember that:
(1) GWB was consistently ahead by about 4-5% in all of the national polls in the weeks leading up to the 2000 election. In the absence of this story, it was not going to be a particularly close election.
(2) The story was originated by a democratic party operative on the Friday before the election, and ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN ran with the democratic talking points all weekend long in a 72 hour negative advertisment against GWB.
(3) The incident was over 20 years old at the time of the election - from the late 1970s.
(4) Despite the way the press still reports it, GWB was never convicted of DUI, DWI or any other alcohol related driving offense. He hit a mailbox, was issued a ticket for reckless driving, and the ‘suggestion’ was that he may have been drinking at the time.
(5) Although driving under the influence was never a good thing, the attitudes towards DUI were MUCH different in the 1970s than they were in the year 2000. The press never put any of this in context.
Has anyone ever done a “Back on the Chain Gang” parody to “Back on the Choom Gang” for Obama? Someone should do that.
Jeez Louizze!! Do these people EVER live in the . . . . . I don’t know . . . . PRESENT!!!?????
Bush isn’t running this time and a DUI should not preclude anyone from being POTUS - well, unless we are talking Democrats.
If this is the most important thing on this twit’s brain, he needs another job!! This is ridiculous!!
Alcohol is still legal. Choomboy committed felonies with weed and coke .
[ WaPo Reporter Says Bush ‘Didn’t Pay a High Enough Price’ After DUI Revelation ]
On the otherhand Obama has not proven he is NOT AN INDONESIAN CITIZEN..
Which is known proven documented and admitted by Obama..
No records are made available for re-repatriation..
And are probably not possible to produce because he is still and Indonesian citizen..
Therefore a ringer and shill posing as an American qualified to be President.. which IS A FELONY..
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.