Skip to comments.Rasmussen Florida : Romney 51% Obama 47%
Posted on 10/12/2012 7:50:20 AM PDT by sunmars
Mitt Romney has crossed the 50% mark for the first time to widen his lead to four points in Florida.
Ninety-two percent (92%) of likely Florida voters say they have already made up their minds which candidate they will vote for. Romney leads 52% to 48% among these voters.
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Florida Voters finds Romney with 51% support to President Obamas 47%. Two percent (2%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
This is the widest gap between the candidates in surveys this year, but Florida remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Electoral College Projections. Prior to these findings, the candidates have been within two points of each other in Florida in every survey since April. Last week, it was Romney 49%, Obama 47%.
(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...
Keep up the good work Florida!
VERY glad to see that! Hope it continues, along with NC and VA. OH needs a bit more work!
If 92% likely have concreted and its 52-48 Romney, Obama would have to run the board on the other 8%..tough tough ask.
Good news today from Virginia and Florida......this is really all trending Romney now.
I think the election was decided last Wednesday night. Romney cut through the media filter and directly sold himself to the American people. I don’t think there are that many undecideds left; the only thing the undecideds of today will decide is to decide to not vote.
It will be closer than it should be, but I’m confident Romney will win.
It really has a different feel to it here in Central Fl from 2008. During my daily 20 min drive to work I have seen one Obama car sticker...dozens of Romney. I see Romney yard signs in all kinds of neighborhoods.
Have not decided if it’s a lock yet...but am more optimistic than I was in 2008 :)
Nice. Felt very confident about Florida all year, but the polls really were showing it could go either way. Looks like it is close to being locked down.
Rumor is Obama is packing up in Florida. Also heard something interesting earlier about a poll showing Romney knocking off ME-02’s electoral vote. Now that would be delicious.
Big audience for first debate. People made up their minds,were swayed,whichever. I think we’ll see declining viewership for the next 2 which will hurt Obumbler unless there’s some big headline coming out of the second one to get peoples attention again.
This poll and the Mason Dixon one from yesterday just validate the Suffolk poll director’s statement from the other night. So keeping Florida, Virginia and North Carolina means Romney has a very real chance of winning and this election comes down to Ohio. Romney and Ryan will both have 4 stops in Ohio today and tomorrow.
For the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE (I’m 57) I have apolitical yard sign, two in fact, since I live on a corner lot. R-R signs outnumber O-B signs 3-1. In 2008, O-B signs were everywhere, now it’s R-R signs by far...................
Ohio? More like PA, MI, NJ, NH, and even VT and ME!
Things are looking up here in Colorado, too. I’ve seen lots more Romney signs lately, and a friend who’s voting for BHO seemed embarrassed to admit it. Never seen an Obama supporter seem apologetic before. All good signs, I think!
Haven't heard that rumor. But this is what I have seen.
In the past 18 days, Obama ads on Tampa and Orlando TV stations during the local morning news have gone from 1 or 2 every break to 1 or 2 every hour.
Meanwhile, Obama drops in for a private fund-raiser in the Tampa/St. Pete area, does not make any public appearance and then takes off on Hot-Air Force 1 to go speak to college kids in another state.
Then he comes back to Florida for another fund-raiser and speaks to the students at U. of Miami again. 1st time he touted algae as a replacement for oil and this last time his spiel was about how carbon is eating the planet.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall something about Presidential candidates get to keep the money they raise to use as they wish after leaving office.
Would certainly explain his continued fund-raising as much as his posture and only speaking to inexperienced audiences explains that his internal polling shows him getting humiliated 11-6-12.
Dad and I went out for a drive looking for yard signs. Found ONE sign for Obama and one for Gary Johnson.
We went to vote yesterday clerks said they had been busy with small lines since they opened on Tuesday. Have spoken to several who are making an extra effort to vote this election. OTOH it was the college kids (out of state) who through the election to Obama here in IN in ‘08.