Skip to comments.The freedom to marry: a liberal value that conservatives should shun
Posted on 10/13/2012 8:56:09 AM PDT by CaptainKrunch
A few months ago, a new group launched called Young Conservatives for the Freedom to Marry. This is a group sponsored by a larger organization called Freedom to Marry. The objective of these groups is to promote gay marriage.
1. Gay marriage really means genderless marriage.
2. Genderless marriage means references to gender must be removed from the law. Words like bride, groom, husband, wife, mother, and father must all be replaced with genderless terms such as partner, party, and parent. This happened in Canada when the Canadian government redefined marriage in 2005. For example, the term natural parent was replaced with legal parent. Recently the French government made it clear that itll be removing the terms father and mother from the French legal code in order to accommodate gay (genderless) marriage.
3. Removing gender references from the law removes the recognition of natural bonds between mothers and fathers with their children. These natural bonds are replaced with legal, artificial, and therefore subjective, bonds.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...
Sick, “first world” problems.
Why anyone thinks that redefining a word, that has meant ‘the union of a man and a woman’ for CENTURIES, is a good idea, is beyond me. It will make some homosexuals feel better about themselves, but there is no other reason. Lets see, how many other words shall we redefine today to make a small segment of the population feel better about themselves? In the end (no pun intended) they still won’t feel better about themselves, they will just be on to the next issue with which to browbeat traditionalists.
The “freedom to marry” foolishness should still end with the family defending the family line, and I foresee the possibility of extreme reactions to this.
Gay, queer, genderless marriage means that there will be no familial heirs, no means to trace particular genetic tendencies that would settle future inheritance arguments. It would mean that ‘cohabitation rites’ would become the norm, and procreation of the human species would decrease (which I think is behind this, too).
I do not entertain any religious arguments to this, since I take it from the socio/economic viewpoint. We always view America as a place where we can make it better for our sons and daughters, than it was for us. Genderless marriages negate that very sentiment, and in fact, conspire to remove ‘the next generation’ by its absence.
No, it is an abhorrent idea. It is a Communist idea, again, where the State becomes all, and the individual becomes naught.
The sickos wanting to redefine marriage will soon be adding “animal” “dolphin” “interspecies” and “sex robot” to the list they want to happen.
Traditional marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman, before God. Three partners, not two. Leave out God and you have already redefined marriage. If you start with this incorrect definition of marriage, it is an easy step to redefine it ever further to mean anything you want.
The problem with the states involvement, at least in the modern era, is that the definition it uses to recognize the institution is simply whatever judges, pols or the majority thinks it is at any one time. And thats it, and thats all it will ever be. Combine that with the fact many have been conditioned to think marriage comes from and is defined by the state and you have what we have today. It was always a danger. Pope Leo XIII warned about it 130 years ago.
I do want to have the freedom to believe as Scripture teaches; the laws of God stated that queer stuff was an abomination, then went on to the New Testament and taught consistently. - I haven’t tried to force queers to do as I wish nor stood in the way of their buggering; but they, along with the liberals as komrades, are trying to force their ideas on me, make me “approve” of their damned lifestyle; I don’t. - Liberals and their “unintended consequences”; as we’ve seen in the Middle East “Arab Spring” that is Hussein and Hillary’s pet baby.
These are not conservatives, although they claim the label.
Being a conservative means having moral values, not just doing whatever the hell you want.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
The enemies within, still hard at work......