Skip to comments.Inquirer Editorial: Obama will do a better job
Posted on 10/14/2012 5:34:41 AM PDT by Oldeconomybuyer
Like a carnival barker cajoling a mark into spending the last bills in his wallet, the Republican Party is counting on Americans' not remembering that they've seen this trick before.
GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney wants voters to forget their familiarity with the prize he's dangling before their eyes - a return to the disastrous economic policies that preceded the recession. Given that context, Romney's prize is no better than a fake pearl.
... Obama deserves more than the grudging credit Republicans are giving him for being the commander in chief who finally got Osama bin Laden. America is safer as a result of that. America will be healthier, with more people insured, as a result of Obamacare. More Americans are employed, although not nearly enough, because of Obama's saving the auto industry and promoting policies that are creating jobs. What Obama has already been able to accomplish in the face of unrelenting partisan opposition suggests he could have a remarkably successful presidency if given a second term
BARACK OBAMA is the better candidate in the presidential race. A vote for him is an investment in a strong future, which is why The Inquirer endorses his reelection.
(Excerpt) Read more at philly.com ...
Oh, Philly Enquirer. I was afraid the National Enquirer had gone over to the dark side.
Why do we care about the Philadelphia Inquirer?
Egregious horse sh*t, not worthy of serious consideration.
blacks and unionists. We’ve lost nothing with this endorsement.
The teleprompter and chief will be coddled and he will reviel that the culprits who were responsible for the murder and mayhem in Lybia have been caught and will be prosecuted. All hail the liar and chief
...the Republican Party is counting on Americans' not remembering that they've seen this trick before.No, the Partisan Media Shills are.
What these cons appear to be saying is “free market capitalism has never worked”.
Maybe the inquirer should be looking at Philly...its corruption and general dissolution into a twin of Detroit? But no...they support nobama and his curruption which mirrors Philly.
Alternatively: (We fervently hope) Obama will do a better job.
He'll have to find one first, come January - eh? Good luck to him on his search! It's kinda rough out there right now.
” Obama deserves more than the grudging credit Republicans are giving him for being the commander in chief who finally got Osama bin Laden. America is safer as a result of that.”
When bush killed a terrorist, the left howled that he was making us less safe because everytime we kill a terrorist, ten more grow in his place. Obama kills one terrorist, and America is safer because of it.
“... Obama deserves more than the grudging credit Republicans are giving him for being the commander in chief who finally got Osama bin Laden. America is safer as a result of that.”
Wrong. Have you been watching the news in Libya and Egypt the past month?
“America will be healthier, with more people insured, as a result of Obamacare.”
Wrong. No new doctors being trained, and why are more than 40% of doctors surveyed going to leave medicine over the next 5 years? The only solution will be foreign medical graduates (FMG’s) and physician “extenders”, such as PA’s and NP’s. Mistakes will be made, and often. Patients don’t know what is about to hit them. It is going to be very ugly.
“More Americans are employed, although not nearly enough, because of Obama’s saving the auto industry and promoting policies that are creating jobs.”
Wrong. Fewer Americans are employed than in 2009. The real unemployment rate is 11%, and the U6 is over 14%. General Motors is in much worse shape than before its bailout. It isn’t even close to paying back its debt to the American taxpayer.
“What Obama has already been able to accomplish in the face of unrelenting partisan opposition suggests he could have a remarkably successful presidency if given a second term.”
And what will be different about this second term that makes you think he will be more successful?
This is an editorial written in an alternate universe.
GAG! More self serving BS from that fish wrapper.
Pelosi better stay away from that gavel, then. (Say, has Dingy Harry worked out a budget yet?)
“Inquirer Editorial: Obama will do a better job”
Ten out of ten anti-American Communists agree!
What a laugher.
1) When one talks about what the current administration ‘inherited’ and had to deal with in office, one must remember that Bush had 9/11 thrust upon his presidency. During his presidency the economy did well for 7 out of 8 years, despite having to pay for two wars and the economic fallout of 9/11.
2) There was a democrat controlled Congress for the later part of Bush's tenure - and this is when the economic downturn occurred.
3) The mortgage meltdown was the consequence of policy put into place by a democrat president (Clinton), and perpetuated by democrats like Barney Frank - over the objections of Bush and others.
4) The recession had nothing to do with ‘tax cuts’ or there not being enough federal revenue.
5) Most importantly, in reality it is the democrats who want you to forget about ‘failed policies’ of the past. Obama is on the same path as Jimmy Carter, and it took a Republican to fix the disaster that those policies left us last time.
6) Clinton had economic success, in great measure, because Hillarycare failed, and Republicans took over Congress. He was led kicking and screaming to some of the decisions he made that helped the economy. These are all things that the current administration does not embrace - such as welfare reform.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.