Skip to comments.TOP-10 "Only In America " Observations ~ by a Canadian
Posted on 10/17/2012 8:26:22 AM PDT by IbJensen
1) Only in America, could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ''magically'' become American citizens.
6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America, could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
Search is your friend!
Tragically, I don’t think any of those “only in america’s” ARE happening only in america. :(
Only in America could someone who has all his otherwise public documents sealed from the public be elected as a public servant.
I wondered if anyone else noticed...?
Only in America does a six hour small arms siege and attack by organized combatants become a spontaneous demonstration over a three month old video...
You have to admint that the ‘head’ of this regime is the worst excuse for a leader that one could pull out of the sewers of Chicago.
Where this sucker was born still eludes most Americans. I see the little weasel is wearing an American Flag pin in his lapel now, even though he despises America.
Regarding #7, it just occurred to me that we should require the same treatment of liberal voters that liberals require of conservative gun owners.
To vote you will have to fill out a form with all of your personnel information, show a valid ID, GIVE YOUR THUMBPRINT, and then wait to find out if your vote will be counted. Seems fair!
Holy Cow that video was awesome. I just sent it to everyone I know.
The observations are on target. But it seems odd coming from Canada. I realize they now have Harper, a conservative, a decent good man, as PM, a much better man that the comrade in chief we Americans have, but, having driven through Canada quite a few times, I don’t see them having much room to be so condescending. If anyone thinks our NPR is leftist, you ought to hear their CBC!
Thanks. Great speech. A “must watch”.Sent it out to contacts
I’m not sure you can call this “America” anymore with such dishonest corruption in the public sphere.
It has not always been like this. Sure there have been grand lies in the past, but never have they been so successfully sold, never has the population been so willing to condem them who they have forced to carry their burdens for not carrying them as quickly as they would like.
This is the most disturbing aspect of the present state of much of our population their political greed & envy for the product of their fellow man. This is not America, theses people are not our countrymen.
Theses people are selfish degenerates worthy only of the servitude they have worked so hard to force upon other men.
They are almost as unworthy of the title American, as they are patriot.
If this pestilence known as Obama is re-elected for another four years of descent into hell, don’t you think D.C. will resenble Madrid in 1936?
It is a very difficult thing to start a revolution under a Government that has been very much orientated over the last 150 years towards suppressing revolutions.
It is true that our constitutional foundation & design were made originality so that revolutions would in fact come easy with the greatest bioas toward the local people in practical power. But if we still lived under a Government of Constitutional law rather than men there would be no need for revolution in the first place.
The problem is therefore the slow rate at which this evil has encroached upon us and thus how far it has already gotten and will get before we are ready to defend our rights.
Simply put those who have for the last 150+ years placed primary value on stability and loyalty to the item that is the State rather than the idea that is liberty for which the State was suppose to exist in preservation of, have in their success put us(and themselves) in a very difficult position.
Much more difficult than our forefathers had in either 1775 or 1861, but still possible and unfroutnatly perhaps it will be nessary if liberty is to survive.
Before you panic, know that I am simply saying that there are many “small” things that must be done before we are ready to wage a fight for our freedom. Peperations that our forefathers did not take either out of neglect(as was the case in 1861) or for lack of preexisting need.
One of those things is the defending of the Federal army. The Federal beast must be defanged of its real enforcers prior to any act.