Skip to comments.A note to a stiff-necked people (to Jewish voters)
Posted on 11/04/2012 4:22:27 PM PST by dynachrome
To those Jews planning to vote for Obama:
Are you prepared to explain to your children not the principles upon which your vote is cast, but its probable effects upon them?
Irrespective of your endorsement of liberal sentiments, of fairness and more equal distribution, will you explain to your children that top-down economic policies will increasingly limit their ability to find challenging and well-paid work, and that the diminution in employment and income will decrease their opportunity to marry and raise children?
Will you explain (as you have observed) that a large part of their incomes will be used to fund programs that they may find immoral, wasteful and/or indeed absurd? And that the bulk of their taxes go to no programs at all, but merely service the debt you entailed on them?
Will you tell your children that a liberal government will increasingly marginalize, dismiss and weaken the support for and the safety of the Jewish state?
Will you tell them that, in a state-run economy, hard work may still be applauded, but that it will no longer be rewarded?
Will you explain that whatever their personal beliefs, tax-funded institutions will require them to imbibe and repeat the slogans of the left, and that, should they differ, they cannot have a career in education, medicine or television unless they keep their mouths shut?
Will you explain to them that it is impossible to make a budget, and that the basic arithmetic we all use at the kitchen table is not practiced at the federal and state level, and to suggest that it should be is selfishness?
Most importantly, will you teach them never to question the pronouncements of those in power, for to do so is to risk ostracism?
Are you prepared to sit your children down and talk them through your vote on the future you are choosing for them?
Please remember that we have the secret ballot and, should you, on reflection, vote in secret for a candidate you would not endorse in public, you will not be alone.
David Mamet is a Pulitzer Prize-winning and Tony- and Oscar-nominated playwright, essayist, screenwriter and film director. His latest book is The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture (Sentinel).
I am sick of the excuses from my Jewish friends. Screw them. Christians will save Israel from the anti Semite in the White House whether they care or not.
In Moab on a mountain once,
I took my stave in hand,
And gazed out wistfully upon
The hoped-for promised land.
Then bade me Death my eyes to close,
And drew me far away,
Behind a rampant stallion,
In heavens formless dray.
When here I stopped, in bonds of flesh,
I bound myself to earth,
Again (who have with Pharaoh walked)
To know the dread of birth.
And have I come thus, far in time,
My bootless rod in hand,
To sigh upon a mountain-top,
For you, my Promised Land?
Here is the correct link:
It is very very nice to have Mamet on our side.
The Jewish vote for Obama will not be more than 65-68%. I am Jewish and know other Jews who will be voting for Romney or at least not voting for Obama. Voting for other offices but not for JugEars
Written by David Mamet ....cool. Thanks!
Read “the Secret Knowledge” earlier this year - engrossing thoughts of a “reformed Liberal” and how he got there - excellent read....
I think the bible says God will save his people. Not America, we are having own problems...right now this idiot president we have is not a friend to israel...again according to the bible, ...the whole world will come against Israel...that includs us...hope thats not a sign Obama will be reelected...he hates Jews as much as Christians....Lots of people are going to be beheaded or convert to Islam...Hope God gives us all still living in that time gives us grace to accept beheading.also hope parents are first to not deny Jesus to set an example for their children....
In 20 years, when orthodox jews are the majority of jews due to higher birth rates, you will be very happy with jewish voters. The orthodox are overwhelmingly conservative!
My synagogue is 90% Republican and the other 10% won’t admit to anything...
In a SANE world, the Jewish vote should be ZERO!
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
Jews have nothing to do with winning or losing U.S. elections, though I see you're continuing the timer-honored tradition of Ch*istians blamming Jews for everything. Convince your Ch*istian friends not to vote for Obama like they did in groves in 2008 and things will turn out fine.
US Jews have everything to do with Obama. You ought to learn about this topic before you start running your mouth.
Obama got 80% of the Jewish vote, second only to blacks.
15% of serious Evangelicals voted for Obama, 83% for McKook.
Next time on of my Jewish friends asks for money for their favorite charity, I’ll refer them to George Soros or Barbara Streisand.