1. No TV at all. There isn't one in the house and hasn't been for years.
2. Also no music. No stereos, iPods, nothing that makes noise, basically, except this little laptop. I grew up on a farm with very old grandparents who liked it quiet, so this is just my nature.
3. No landline. My cell is actually on my sister's family plan, she was able to add me for $10 a month.
4. No internet of my own, my landlady next door just gave me the password and lets me tap onto hers.
5. No computer of my own, this laptop is issued by my employer, and I have to turn it back in periodically. When that happens, I simply don't go online unless I go to the public library and spend an hour there catching up on emails from family.
6. No gym membership. Actually, since I quit going to the gym a lot of my joint pain has lessened. I was probably doing everything wrong anyway. LOL!
7. No car. I walk or ride public transportation and have for over 3 years now. It's not always pleasant but I'm saving a ton of money. (I live in Los Angeles.)
8. No electronic gadgets that aren't absolutely essential. I have a fridge, stove, some lamps, a fan, a blowdryer, and a cellphone charger. Oh, and an alarm clock. No air conditioner, no coffee maker, no microwave, no blender, toaster... yeah, my family thinks I'm nuts. No vacuum (hardwood floors rock.) I drink instant coffee.
8. No credit card debt. I actually embarked on this personal austerity program 3 years ago to pay off $33,000 in debt and last month... I did it. Yay! Now I'm used to living this way so I'll just keep doing it.
9. No new anything: all my clothes are from Goodwill.
10. I cut my own hair.
11. I almost never eat out. I live on cafeteria food at work and don't eat much at home except canned food, eggs, rice, beans, vodka... ;^)
12. I wash my own clothes in the tub whenever I can. Landlady doesn't mind seeing dresses and nightgowns hanging to dry from the lemon tree out back.
13. I don't buy books or movies, I get them from the public library.
That's all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else, I'll add it.
I for one have been a very charitable indiviudal through the years. After this election, my contributions to the poor go to $0. Let the government take care of them. They voted for him.