Skip to comments.Why Hispanics Donít Vote for Republicans
Posted on 11/07/2012 4:10:27 PM PST by neverdem
click here to read article
I beg to differ. It is the former territory of the Spanish and Portuguese empires, and goes from Mexico to the Caribbean to Argentina.
Very well put. Worthy of publication. Thank you.
“Seems as if your attitude is one of the reasons Mexicans wont vote for Republicans.”
They voted 75% Democrat. That wasn’t because of me.
Good grief!! Pat Buchanan said we are in a CULTURE WAR....do you disagree??
Get your priorities straight.
Then I deserve the trick as I had an implied contract with them by turning on my porch light. They have fulfilled their end when they rang the bell and said "trick or treat" as their acceptance of my offer.
If you don't want to participate, just leave your light off for a couple of hours. The key difference is that this exchange is voluntary unlike me being forced to buy your neighbor's obamaphone and groceries, pay their rent, and pay for their healthcare.
Heather MacDonald ping!
Wow... what state was this?
Agree with both of you. We should have won OH, FL, VA, and CO but didn’t. Nonetheless, we can’t just double down on failure and just chase the white vote, something I’m seeing over and over in these threads. True, the white vote has some votes left on the table we didn’t get, as we didn’t lose WI and IA because of the non white vote. However, past a certain point, you are trying to get Unionists, Socialists, Communists, and the gay vote.
“If only Republicans relented on their Neanderthal views”
That’s as far as I read. If Republicans abandon their core principles, then the party becomes meaningless and irrelevant. Of course, that is what the communists want, a one-party state.
Hispanics will not vote for a republican because all they want is $$$. Welfare, food stamps ect. I’m sorry to say this but I know this for a fact. They are not conservatives and I don’t know why I keep hearing that they are. They are not.
1. Madre and Padre are immigrants from [insert name of Latin American country here]. They come to the U.S., work hard and raise their family as good American citizens.
2. They both vote Democratic because someone (minister, friend, family member who immigrated previously, host of Spanish-language radio or TV station, etc.) tells them that Republicans are evil, rich white men who hate Hispanics.
3. Their kids grow up in this climate and in American public schools, and are reliable Democratic voters from the age of 18 into their early 20s. Their peers/classmates from the public schools are no different.
4. Their kids become gainfully employed in skilled trades or professional fields in their mid-20s and start paying taxes. Within 1-2 short years, they've basically become "liberals who got mugged."
5. After one last Democratic vote (if even that), they begin to vote their wallets and become staunch conservatives. There are many heated arguments (in Spanish) with Madre and Padre over this.
6. Some of these adult children adopt a conservative mindset that makes Pat Buchanan look like Cesar Chavez. By this time they've left most of their "white" American-born peers and former classmates behind -- both financially and politically. By now, these adult children of immigrant parents have no patience for any able-bodied creature is not gainfully employed (white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, etc.).
7. At some point when the kids are in their 30s they have a brutally honest conversation with Madre and Padre, and tell them that they can't afford [insert "wish item" here -- e.g., vacation to so-and-so, new/bigger home, college fund for the grandchildren, etc.] because they're being taxed to death.
8. Madre and Padre see the error of their ways, become very remorseful, turn off TeleMundo, grow up, and become hard-core conservatives just like their adult children.
These are the people who are going to become part of the GOP core.
It was the Ricans in Central Flórida that gave Obama the election. A race of people who’s first words are “aybaytay” (EBT).
Thats as far as I read.
That's too bad. It's not her message. She a conservative authority on the ills of illegal immigration. Check the link in the story. Here's the last two paragraphs of her current essay.
"The idea of the 'social issues' Hispanic voter is also a mirage. A majority of Hispanics now support gay marriage, a Pew Research Center poll from last month found. The Hispanic out-of-wedlock birth rate is 53 percent, about twice that of whites.
"The demographic changes set into motion by official and de facto immigration policy favoring low-skilled over high-skilled immigrants mean that a Republican party that purports to stand for small government and free markets faces an uncertain future."
interesting , thank you
What exactly in her analysis do you find to be not "too smart"?
I'm not thrilled to hear more depressing news, either. But if MacDonald's interpretation of the facts is plausible (and she does tell you what facts she's looking at, in this article), then let's face reality ... rather than try to make ourselves feel better with false hopes and misdirected efforts.
Almost 60% of Texan children are Hispanics. They have kids, whites don’t.
Pat Buchanans speech at the RNC (which killed off GOPs landslide chances for good)
Hav you read or seen the speech? http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/patrickbuchanan1992rnc.htm
What in it is not standard conservatism?
Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare
Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies. Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisan Washington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S...The majority of households across the country benefitting from publicly-funded welfare programs are headed by immigrants, both legal and illegal. States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania (59%).
The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined. They include Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), a nutritional program known as Women, Infants and Children (WIC), food stamps, free/reduced school lunch, public housing and health insurance for the poor (Medicaid).
Food assistance and Medicaid are the programs most commonly used by illegal immigrants, mainly on behalf of their American-born children who get automatic citizenship. On the other hand, legal immigrant households take advantage of every available welfare program, according to the study, which attributes it to low education level and resulting low income.
The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic (82 %), Mexico and Guatemala (75%) and Ecuador (70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents.
Actually, a lot of Cubans seem to have “moved left,” too. There was a good article in the WSJ this morning revealing that second or third generation Cubans seem to be mostly Obama voters now. In other words, they’ve sunk into the American ethos in their area (South Florida, heavily Northeast retireee Dem voters), which nowadays is all government all the time, and the bigger the better.
A better idea would be to purge fools who apply xenophobe to Americans fed up with foreign nationals breaking American immigration law.
And we could start with you.
I am Hispanic and my family has been in this land since 1691. I love this country and what it stands for. I have and will always will vote Republican. I have read all the posts thus far on this forum. We can’t continue to be divided and must stick to our conservative principicles, but most of all we can’t allow the Democrats to continue dividing us. Obama did well at that during the election on race.
I believe their is enough Conservative Hispanics out there like me to help defeat the Democrats next election. I also think the Republicans need to be the one to develop a immigration reform plan. I believe the boarder needs to be secured immediately and all illegals that aren’t a asset to America need to be sent back, but that also goes for all Blacks, Russians,and other Eastern Europe citzens that came in the last decade. They are sucking the system dry too...
You got to be kidding me...I know no Mexicans in my circle that supports Gay marriage. Please get out and talk to some of them. Your way off base.