Skip to comments.What are our options?
Posted on 11/08/2012 7:11:59 AM PST by ShadowAce
OK, so Obama was re-elected on Tuesday. What are our options?
- Bend over and just take it. We wait for four years and try to elect someone who is closer to us in political outlook and perspective. We pay our taxes, call in to conservative talk radio shows, get our grievances off our collective chest. We suck it up and work from the inside to change the system.
However, it took the liberals 80 years of promising free stuff to lazy people in order to make it happen. As conservatives, we will not promise them free stuff. We merely promise them a chance to work hard for a possibility of getting ahead. That is not a recipe for garnering votes from at least half of the people. We will never re-gain our country from within. Ever.
- Go with the the flow. This option is different, and may not sit well with most people. Vote for the worst leaders we can--Bernie Sanders, Sheila Jackson-Lee, Maxine Waters, Biden, Reid, Pelosi. Support them in everything they do. Drive this country into the ground as fast as we can. When we've totally destroyed what's left of this wonderful place, we can begin the re-building process--hopefully with more support than we have now.
- Fire our employees and become one of the takers. Show them they can't take from us. Go Galt. Shrug. Whatever you want to call it. Get off the grid and starve the beast. This option only lasts as long as the government is willing to tolerate you. Once enough people are doing this, they will decide to gather you back in to the fold or kill you. That is a real option. It may work for you, but it will not change this country.
- Secede. Our country is gone. This is the most difficultboth physically and emotionally. Physically because, as we all know, The Federal government will not take secession lying down. They will come after those who attempt to leave and it won't be pretty. For those who believe that your fellow citizens won't fire on you, think again. People under authority, and people under orders do things they strongly disagree with merely because someone in authority has told them to do it. It has been proven multiple times in the lab and in the field. It will also be difficult emotionally. This is our country. We would be destroying something wonderful that was founded over 200 years ago. Unfortunately, that country no longer exists, and hasn't for about 80 years or moresince the New Deal was legislated into law. The big decision each one of us has to make is--Am I willing to sacrifice everything I have and hold dear for a non-guaranteed attempt to bring our country back? That sacrifice will comeit's not just a possibility.
So. Those are the options as I currently see them to change our country. I am not forgetting prayer. This is something we all must do regardless of the choice(s) we make above. Option 1 is obviously the easiest. We don't have to change our lives, or actually do anything different. Just complain and bend over as they continue to come at us. Option 3 is the most difficult. I am not charismatic. I could not persuade people to join me or any cause I support. It must be started and led by people much better at that than I am.
By the way, THAT was Barry's SLOGAN! Nice one!
Do we live in a dictatorship? Then why the freakin focus on 2016? What is it in this country that we are so obsessed with the top shelf?
We are right where we were in 2010. Nothing has changed. It’s called 2014 mid-terms. Get the Senate back. Force Zero to have budgets, deny his Supreme Court picks, stop his U.N. treaties cold.
When they steal elections in broad dalight working from within is kind of pointless. Going Galt doesn’t really help because they are TRYING to bring the US down. It does accelerate the process and that may choke them. Like trying to eat the whole elephant in one bite. That is my adivce. Go Galt. Starve the Beast.
From his comments yesterday, the GOP Weeper of the House appears to have gone with Option #1 ("Bend over and just take it") Maybe Boehner can take it, but not me!
Looking at the nationwide voting map by county
Option #4 ("Secede") seems logical. Apparently the vast majority of the Country has absolutely nothing in common with the people in the few counties that kept the kenyan in power.
Option #3 ("Fire our employees and become one of the takers") that won't even have to be a concious decision, but an enevitable occurence in the 0bama economy.
Option #2 ("Go with the the flow") get on board the cattle cars to the re-education camps set up by der 0berFuhrer Hussein 0bama. I'll pass on that!
That was pretty much my whole point. Did you read what I wrote?
That worked well this week, didn't it?
Nothing has changed.
And it won't in 2014, either
Option #3 looks real. Go Galt. Stop pulling more and more looters in the wagon. File for benefits yourself and get in the wagon. Use Cloward Piven tactics and collapse the system in the hope, perhaps fanciful, that after the chaos something better can be built on the ruins. Alternatively, get out with your assets before Obama stops any exodus.
5. Start a new “Illuminati” that is very selective about it’s membership, spans the globe, and is dedicated totally to the self-interest of its membership. When you speak of the nation in which you live you refer to it simply as “my host country”.
the gas chambers have been fired up and we can either fight or slowly be put on the trains to certain death. The media has won the heart and souls of the ignorant.. Until the media is neutralized. The current course of this country will not change. Is it time to do something????... .. pick a MSM outlet and boycott their sponosrs? protest? not sure...But freedom is slowly dying like the proverbial frog in the boiling water..
I like your first option.
Dems will soon be looting the Boomer wealth. Look for estate taxes to skyrocket. Gotta spread it around, yknow. Take from the dying white America and prop up the puppet Republic.
ding ding ding!
Work to make your family self-sufficient, at least to some degree, and increase that degree every chance you get.
Leftists hate non-dependent people. It seriously enrages them. I’ve had personal experience with libinlaws that have turned purple because we have more than a few days’ worth of food in our pantry. (They knew I was “dissin’” their “god” by doing so.)
Not for politicians.
Congress is comprised to two houses, containing 435 people whose sole job is to make laws. The more laws they enact, the more powerful they all become and the more they control.
Since they've pretty much trashed the Constitution, there is no reason for gridlock--especially for the career politician. It is their version of climbing the corporate ladder.
I think Republicans have missed the boat on a few things. The Democrats have mastered the divide and conquer strategy of promising free stuff to various groups. The Republicans only have the non-resonating message of a great country for all through capitalism and a strong defense.
Take the Democrat’s strategy away from them.
Here we have a single white woman. The Democrats promise her “free” contraception and “free” abortions. She is overjoyed. If/When she wants these things the Democrats will provide them to her. The Republicans, however, immediately get stuck in the mud by arguing the morality of her choices. Instead, the Republicans should demonstrate that the money she retains from their policies will enable her to buy all the contraceptions she wants, have 12 abortions a day and have plenty left over to donate to some breast cancer awareness charity AND put a down payment on a new car.
Here we have a black gentleman. The Democrats promise a new Bamaphome and food stamps — as long as they don’t work and vote for Democrats. The Republicans should demonstrate that they can afford a new iPhone, iPad, big screen TV and a big new house in the suburbs (not to mention a new car) if only they DO get a job. Okay, this one may be a tougher sell but they have a choice between forever being stuck in inner city slums and the possibilty of having quite a bit more.
Here you have a young college student. Demonstrate that Democrats want to give giant loans for a crappy education that will forever keep them in debt. Republicans have a vision where they could afford college on their own, get a good job, be debt free and buy all the marijuana they can smoke in Colorado.
The Republican policy is the same in each case but it plays to the different “American Dreams” each group has through free market capitalism and limited government.
You are forgetting the Almighty. HE ALWAYS GIVES YOU AT LEAST ONE RIGHT PATH. You are frustrated and sad, so you just couldn’t think of one. All of your options are somewhat bad. Secession could lead to a lot of deaths. It might be a right way but at what cost?
So far, I’ve only thought of one potential way.
Change our party. Whatever it is called, it should focus on freedom for all, under the constitution. We would need to educate everyone about the constitution, and how we have gotten away from it. Our platform will include Freedom of Lifestyle as well. People can live according to whatever, their religion, cult, guru, whim. As long as it doesn’t directly hurt someone or interfere with their freedom, anything goes. Let them marry goats if they wish. The one social issue we have is that we are pro protecting life — of the elderly, the infirm, the unborn. We focus instead on a free economy, minimal taxation, small govt, only defense stays big to protect our freedom. We cut the groupthink the dems are into, and declare that all human beings are one: no more government or public declarations of groups, creeds, or races.
I think if played right, this could work. We need to think like the founders, and add their brilliance to our current world.
“A conservative is a liberal who got mugged the night before”
That quote is where we are at right now - not enough people think they have been mugged and too many are having a ball mugging society.
We need to go to our strongholds, stop walking the ‘streets’ and let the mugging hoards attack each other - I don’t know of any other way to wake up these liberals.
Once mugged, we will be there to pick them up and explain that they just got mugged...and what needs to be done to not be a victim to the muggers again.
The streets need to be fully bloodied to take them back.
Right now the Republican party is a lack-luster ‘Neighborhood Watch’ to the government muggers and their gang - heck, most of them are ‘fencing’ the muggers goods.
Starve the Beast
Take it Back
Unless you want America to be like CalifornicatingU land, the rest of America needs to separate the blue state pos’s from your money.
Start a boycott, buycott or avoidcott with the Blue States.
Dont buy a product made or raised in a blue state unless you have proof its owners are not left wingers.
Dont vacation in, or have conventions or business meetings in, Democrat blue states. Start with Nevada until the casino bosses get rid of Reid and send him home to have more time with his family.
Dont visit CalifornicatorU land. Dont go to Follywood movies and stay away from our products except those produced or raised by conservatives.
Avoid NY City like it has the plague. It has the terminal Bloomberg mental illness.
The Blue Staters hate you, your religion, your belief system, and your priorities in life, like your family members and friends. Let the Blue Staters try to live without your $s.
Let the blue states sink on their own!
Save your charity $’s for red state people when disasters hits their area.
Shut down Hollywood.
Take back the Tea Party from the groups that hijacked it (Freedom Works etc.)
go back to the grassroots that it was and not the money making machine that it is.