Skip to comments.REACHING OUT
Posted on 11/11/2012 3:44:20 PM PST by 7thson
Another question for Freepers. Specifically, Freepers who are black, Hispanic, and women.
Before and since the last election, I keep hearing that the Republican Party needs to do a better job at reaching out towards blacks, Hispanics, and women. Also, the youth vote. My question - what is meant by reaching out? What precisously does the Republican Party need to say to these groups in order to get their votes? Are we suppose to outbid the Leftists?
Exactly, the Liberals have fulfilled their fantasy of destroying capitalism. I suggest atlas should shrug, go get his EBT card and Obamaphone and head out to Colorado where he can smoke a joint while waiting in line to see an Obamacare doctor who will put him on permanent disability so he can collect SSDI, then he can head to Washington State and marry his life partner Hercules, where they can raise thier eugenically created daughter Julia who will be coddled by government through her life perpetuating this cycle of government dependency.
America is done.
Second, yes you are right - they are hard working. I have said for years that there is something wrong with shipping back people who want to work while our own citizens sit on their collective butts and collect welfare. I think part of the problem is not explaining immigration policy correctly.
We don’t want every hispanic. We want the ones who agree with us. It isn’t enough to win elections if your ideas don’t win.
We are not about ethnicity, we are driven by ideas. Freedom. Limited government. Not everyone understands these ideas and only as their life experience leads them to understand them and want them will you gain their support.
Most people are looking for an earthly king. We already have a King; we are just looking for government to keep the roads paved.
Just finished the book Breitbart published just before his death.
You are correct in what you say, but it’s even worse than that.
Breitbart pointed out very clearly that the true war is not a political battle. In the long run elections are not relevant.
The true war is cultural, always has been, always will be.
We have abandoned the culture-making organs of our society to the Left for over half a century, assuming that enough Americans would always see thru their propaganda to allow us to compete politically.
We were wrong. We have to compete culturally, and unfortunately I don’t think anybody but Breitbart had a clue how to go about it. The most depressing part is that shifting a culture is a decades-long process and we are presently WAY behind the curve and going backwards.
One of the old Greek philosphers said that he didn’t care who made the laws if he could write the songs. Look who’s been making the popular music for 50 years.
Why translate into Spanish? Why can’t they take the time to learn English? Is that not part of the problem?
"Reaching Out" means republicans should get in a bidding war with democrats to see who will promise the most free stuff to the "Free Stuff Army".
That’s an awesome post right there. Rock on !!
Crap. How about reaching out to more married whites with families and getting 95% of their vote like Obama does for ‘his people’?
If I weren't already a Republican, the party could "reach out" to me by talking to my brain and not to my heart...or other bits.
If I were black or Hispanic, I think the words that would appeal to me from the GOP would be about personal responsibility and taking pride in one's self. I am always offended on behalf of the black democrats who don't seem to be bothered by the notion that they need the government to take care of them. They see only the free stuff, but don't seem to recognize the real message of the racist Dems: "We think you are too stupid and lazy to hold down jobs, buy homes within your price range, and generally take care of yourselves. But don't worry, we will take care of you."
I don't understand the lack of pride within the majority of the black community. Black people are capable of so much more than the Democrats give them credit for being. I wish they could see it and see how they are being taken for granted and kept on the plantation. They would rise up and shock the Dems. I would love to have a platform to ask a large group of black voters if they are stupid and lazy, as the Dems seems to think they are.
1) Do as the Russians did. Identify minority leaders and offer them fully paid jaunts to conservative youth conferences and summer camps. Good choices would be junior high, high school, and college class presidents, and those with higher that average SAT scores. Provide scholarships to these kids so they can attend PRIVATE and CONSERVATIVE junior and senior high schools and colleges.
2) WORK TO CLOSE DOWN GOVERNMENT K-12 SCHOOLING!!! Get as many kids out of these indoctrination camps as possible! Harvard has an endowment of 34 BILLION dollars and universities across this land have similar endowments. Conservatives should redirect their contributions to providing private vouchers for private ( conservative ) elementary, junior and senipr high schools and colleges.
3) Change the laws so that any child of any age can take the GED or similar private exams. If they pass give issue an official high school diploma from their local government high school. The fewer years spent in a government indoctrination camp the better.
4) Charles Murray is RIGHT! Get as many kids off the college campuses as possible. Move toward privately administer qualifying exams. Very little work done in the U.S. specifically requires a full 4 years on a college campus.
5) Work to make parents feel guilty for using government schools and teachers for agreeing to cooperate with these indoctrination camps. Make they give shamefaced excuses for doing this to children.
6) Develop a free access to an Internet 24/7 streaming “news channel” that is fully conservative and not “balanced”. Glenn Beck has a good idea but I doubt it will work if people have to pay for it.
7) Abandon the brick and mortar delivery of education. Conservatives should give grants to conservative teachers who would open dame schools, one room schools, and homeschool cooperatives. Conservative foundation could certify the teachers, test the students, and provide regional sports, theater, music, and art programs.
8) Personally....I shun all government school indoctrination camp workers. They are either too evil, too stupid, or too much of a Useful Idiot to be my friend. If they were really a true conservative they would have been fired within a few months of being hired.
Thank you. You have nailed it.
The battlefield of ideas is waged in the schools and universities, and in the news media, and in the entertainment media. We have abdicated all of these to our enemies.
When your enemies get to write your history for you, and train your children, and decide what happened and what mattered, and what is beautiful and true, you will have no chance. You can't turn around in a couple of one hour TV debates, or in an election season, a culture that has been deformed and denatured over decades.
As long as they educate us, and inform us, and entertain us, and tell us who we are, we are beaten before we start. This is the problem and therein lies the solution. Politics won't solve this; we have to build the culture we want to live in.
You are quite correct, historically speaking.
However, blacks, not unreasonably, view that as ancient history. And since the 60s they believe, probably correctly, that the GOP made a conscious decision to go after the white southern vote, which blacks, rightly or wrongly, view as pandering to their enemies.
The friend of my enemy is my enemy.
I don’t understand the reaching out to women thing. I’m a woman, I would rather they stayed out of my life... I thought Mitt Romney was great, was previously a Rick Santorum voter. Ummmmm...IMO women on the right know what they want and want to do it themselves. I like candidates with a real family, gay rights is a danger to my place in society and the economy was a huge issue for me.
Don’t know what the gender gap was. Maybe it was more of an age gap.
Open borders is Hispanic #1 issue. And the GOP governors in Hispanic-leaning states are soft on them.
And yes, many Hispanics play the welfare system, especially illegals.
My wife is from Mexico and is disgusted by the way Hispanics conduct themselves here.
I agree they are hard-working but they also don’t value education very much.
I can tell you as a woman and an American of Cuban descent, I don’t want anybody to reach out to me and my family. I want government OUT OF MY WAY. I am a conservative republican as is my extended family and I mean all of us. We all voted for Romney/Ryan and are devastated that Obama won.
We want the borders closed. We want all illegals in this country sent back. We want lower taxes, limited government and for this country to be led by our Constitutional principles. Liberalism will be the death of America.
The republican party CANNOT bend over and start compromising our platform and principles for anybody. Not for blacks, not for atheists, not for homosexuals, not for Planned Parenthood and certainly not for hispanics. We MUST stand on principle or we will fall.
Well said, what’s sad is that humanity has allowed the socialists to herd us like cattle with hyphenated terms: Mexican American, African-American, these terms are meant to divide, for it is easier to conquer, the Democrats are still the party of the clan, only now, they want to enslave all of humanity, while a select, few slave masters crack the whip!
As a woman, I say quit pandering to groups that are never...NEVER...going to vote for you! You keep nominating these pro-amnesty, mushy candidates and where does it get you? The libs and the media scream and holler that your candidate is a horrible, evil, conservative racist Nazi, etc., etc., and you end up losing. Well, since the media and libs are going to scream and name-call and have fits, anyway, why not give them something to REALLY scream about? Why not try being a real alternative to the Dems for once? Openly, and without apology, come out in favor of ending illegal immigration, deporting illegals, punishing the employers, and ending the anchor babies. If you don’t, you will lose, anyway, and it will be the end of this country. Yes, the media and the libs will be in hysterics, but working class Americans who have been suffering and staying home will be fired up and will crawl over broken glass to vote for you. Quit cowering in fear over being called racist.
As for the women’s vote, I resent being condescended to and treated like I only care about abortion and birth control and “voting with my lady parts.” I want a REAL conservative party and have not had that to vote for.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.