Skip to comments.US tops Google's list for government snooping
Posted on 11/14/2012 3:40:38 AM PST by SoFloFreeper
Google handed over more user data to the US government in the first six months of this year than to all other countries combined.
The US made 7,969 requests for user data, of which Google complied with 90 percent. Next most inquisitive was India, with 2,319 requests, Brazil with 1,566, France with 1,546, Germany with 1,533 and the UK with 1,425.
The US figure presumably includes the FBI request that uncovered the contents of emails between CIA director David Petraeus and his biographer, Paula Broadwell.
(Excerpt) Read more at m.tgdaily.com ...
And BUSH was the one the media said was invading privacy.
I’m sure all of those people in question have been informed of the govts search, right?
It’s interesting that Google only handed over 90%. What criteria did it use to decide to withhold the remaining 10%? (e.g. known democrat donors?)
It would also be interesting to learn how many of the searches were for the purpose of criminal investigation, and how many were for the purpose of political oppression, smearing, blackmail, etc.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.