Seven states have exceeded the petition limits that call for an administration response. Others will join them shortly.
Of course no one believes the statists in the White House would ever say 'go ahead, see you later". It will take a cataclysmic event like a financial collapse to get the ball rolling and for legislatures of states that oppose Obama's socialistic fascism to declare their state's independence.
Bring it on.
I didn't know there were rules for secession already laid out. If Emperor 0bammy gives his go ahead, then is s state then out?
It’s an opening, a crack in the anti-secession cabal.
Is the size of the succession movement a warning?
Actually, being a former leftist, I can say that they very well might be happy to let those states go. Remember, those states are a huge impediment to their plans and if they’re not part of the US, the resistance to their agenda will be much reduced.
Imagine if the California contingent in the House didn’t have to contend with the similar-sized Texas contingent telling them “no” every time they want something.
How would we ever be able to secure that much border?
What kind of a name is Caille? (any guesses about the sexual orientation) Anyway, Caille, let me interpret all these petitions to you: they are a referendum on the legitimacy of the governing authority of the Obama Administration (hint = there is none). When you falsify elections, the people refuse to recognize your governing authority. Martial law is Obama’s only other option (but will the military support him? hmmmm....)
States did not post any petitions
If you want to secede you will have to do a real petition, on paper, and submitted to the state governments.
They can reform into: The Real United States.
Let those states that wish to leave secede from the United States
“but I’m counting those knuckleheads only once.”
Mean spirited remarks have never fed even one hungry child.
The slave States are now the ones run by Democrats. The ones that have indebted their citizens and all others with Trillions of dollars of debt, abortion, loss of freedoms etc.
Secession is a bitter concept for a leftist.
The thing that rankles them most is that people will be escaping their fascist subjugation without being severely punished for it.
The second thing they fear is the exposure of the contrast between economic liberty and collectivism. Given the choice, the unproductive will choose to live off others, and the productive will chose liberty. They can’t survive with this choice available and they know it. That’s why they implement all their schemes at the federal level instead of in the states.
Signing the petiton is just asking for a visit from the Feds.
Don’t be stupid. Don’t be a target.
And the lord knows?
Well the writer of the article got that part right along with a few other things.
There is no way Obama is going to give any one permission to succeed from the union any more than what England did or than Abraham Lincoln did.
Obama has spent 4 years working hard to make himself a dictator, i don,t think he would give it up on any terms, even an election that went against him.
True, this is highly unlikely barring a cataclysmic event.
But like all such things, it also depends on having a seed planted out there, to make the unspoken speakable, if only to be dismissed. Many things that are absurd notions at one time have become inevitabilities. So, now, we have the notion planted. Should the time come it will be there.
As for the practicality of the option -
- If Texas goes, so will 20+ other states. These will be a viable economy by any measure.
- Unlike in 1861 the preponderance of industry will be in the seceding states.
- Unlike in 1861 there will be no likelihood of the Federal government being in a position to raise Union armies; the military class, which is huge now compared to then, would be ideologically unsympathetic to the Federal government. Its hard to believe that they would obey orders in such a crisis.
- More, even what militarily relevant industry exists in the new “Union” would be owned and operated by people unsympathetic to the “Union”.
- Federal tax revenues are not so lopsided as the author states; and in addition much of the disproportion in tax revenues is due to the nominal place that national businesses report their incomes. For instance companies make their profits in South Carolina but report it for tax purposes in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, etc. A new Confederacy would capture such taxes.
Good. We’re free to go then?
As long as the pot heads in CA have the hope that Obama will bail them out, all will be well. It would be great if sane states would not have to contribute to the Lost Cause on the West Coast, so secession would be a boon for those abandoning this sinking ship of state.